Target: Logitech Harmony 720 Remote $99.98 (YMMV)

Hockey37

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
Just got back from my local Target (Wheeling, WV) and found a Logitech Harmony 720 remote for $99.98 (Retails for $199.99). It was back on a clearance endcap at the back of the store. Clearance sticker under this one was for $139.98. They had one more sitting there after I took this one.

Here it is on Amazon, close to the lowest price I found with a quick Google search: http://www.amazon.com/Amazon-com-harmony-Logitech-Harmony-Universal/dp/B000GD3J3G
Cnet review: http://reviews.cnet.com/Logitech_Harmony_720/4505-7900_7-31929414.html

I don't know if I should consider this a deal, since it is hard to tell if other stores have this price, or if this belongs in the bragging rights forum. There is only one Target close to me, so I can't verify if this is at other stores. If it needs moved, mods go ahead and do your thing.

EDIT: Searching the AVS forum thread for this remote shows a post from someone yesterday reporting the same thing at his/her Target, but does not mention a location. Also some reports of Walmart having the $100 clearance price.

I was considering the Logitech Xbox360 remote for a while. Some differences between the 2 are the 720 has a color screen and a rechargeable battery. You loose the ABXY buttons from the 360 remote, but I don't see that being an issue.

Just throwing this out there in case anyone was looking for a universal remote like I was. IMO it might be worth a look if your already at Target on your CAG travels.

I've seen the 720 @ CostCo, though I'm not sure off-hand what the price was. Next time I go, I'll try to jot down the price.

After playing around with it last night I can highly recommend this. It has alot of customization options. One thing I like is that you can set up your remote on the web. So say if you think of something while at work you can go into Logitech's site and change it, then when you get home get back on the site and sync up your remote.

bread's done
Back