Target Midnight Special - COD Vita Bundle ($50 GC + 5% off + $10 off coupon)

iduncurr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Available from 12am-1am on Nov 12-13 only in select Target stores though
Target is offering $50 GC with the purchase of Call of Duty Vita bundle.
Stack it up with the 5% Red Card
and the $10 off any $100 electronics purchase and it pretty much beats out BF deal but without the BF mayhem.

I guess Target is trying to compete with Best Buy/Gamestop's midnight release?

If nothing else the coupon might be useful for another purchase.

Coupon Details
Offer valid 10 PM 11/12-11/13/12. Video game accessories, video game hardware, video game software, TV accessories, and TVs. Text SAVEBIG to TARGET (827438) to receive this offer delivered to your mobile phone. Message and data rates may apply. You will receive one message per request. Send HELP to 827438 for help, send STOP to 827438 to cancel.

Edit: Kudos to max for the list.
[quote name='maxpower0965']Here's the link of all the Target stores doing the midnight release. Was hoping to get the PS Vita bundle, but my target isn't doing this.

http://static.targetimg1.com/DVM/2012/Sep/wk4/Call_of_Duty/COD_BO_II_storesale.pdf[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Held out on this. Saw IGN's review of COD, wasn't worth the gas/time/giving up parking (it's bad in my neighborhood)/staying awake (sleep issues).

Grats to all who cashed in on this and appreciate their decision (felt it was worth it after the fact).

[quote name='Dynamic3']What don't you guys understand? You're getting a free $50 gift card. $249.99 for the Vita, $50 for the gift card ($299.99 total), and then -$50 for the promotion (now a total of $249.99). Then they ship you a Vita and a $50 gift card.

If it wasn't clear, it's explicitly outlined in the offer details on the product page.[/QUOTE]

Whatever is up your ass, can it. The details for GC is confusing. Plus as I stated their people weren't even clear about it. Just covering myself and making sure I don't misinterpret. CLICK.

[quote name='rckola911']well from some reviews it appears this game is half assed , miniature levels that are cramped etc.. Im glad i didnt waste sleep over this, if you are a fan then this is a must i guess. However for most its not really their cup of tea. im glad it did come with a physical copy of the game that was cool at least.[/QUOTE]

Well from the reviews i've been hearing this is a must own title, 4.5 out of 5

I personally or reading on the net have not heard nothing bad about it. Ratings on PSN store is high as well

[quote name='ShadowNYC']Held out on this. Saw IGN's review of COD, wasn't worth the gas/time/giving up parking (it's bad in my neighborhood)/staying awake (sleep issues).

Grats to all who cashed in on this and appreciate their decision (felt it was worth it after the fact).[/QUOTE]

I wonder when IGN became the end all in reviews. Quit putting one man's opinion on a pedestal.

IGN really fell off to be honest and i don't trust their reviews these past couple of months

[quote name='ShadowNYC']Held out on this. Saw IGN's review of COD, wasn't worth the gas/time/giving up parking (it's bad in my neighborhood)/staying awake (sleep issues).

Grats to all who cashed in on this and appreciate their decision (felt it was worth it after the fact).[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just me but I can't find a review for COD:BO Declassified on IGN's site. I see a preview on there site and I see an article on why there isn't a review. I see user ratings as well, which happen to be pretty good. Could you provide a link for the review?

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Haven't seen you around these parts. Hope you get over whatever you're going through. CLICK.[/QUOTE]

you'll be happy to know that that new r&c game appeared in my gold box and for some reason that one dollar discount pushed me over the edge. but mostly it was your frenized praise that won me over.

[quote name='Dynamic3']Pretty sure it's bundled with Call of Duty, and still has nothing to do with Ratchet & Clank. But be a dick and start calling people trolls.[/QUOTE]

I shouldn't dignify a troll with a response, but in the off chance you're just that naive, here it goes.

I realize some people will buy a system for the sake of only a single game (that being CoD in this case). However, the majority of those interested in this deal will find the handheld itself (or the handheld + free game) more appealing. That said, promotion of good games (as R&C is supposedly) IS a selling point and so recommendations of such IS relevant in this thread.

[quote name='wolverine81']Maybe it's just me but I can't find a review for COD:BO Declassified on IGN's site. I see a preview on there site and I see an article on why there isn't a review. I see user ratings as well, which happen to be pretty good. Could you provide a link for the review?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't exist... Greg Miller made a comment on Twitter yesterday that they hadn't received their review copies yet but were notified that they would receive them today. Also made a post about it on the site. If he was going by the BO2 review, they are far from the same game (well, as far as two COD titles can get), so...

I am SO happy I pulled the trigger on this online this morning!!! Not only did I find out that they would not have honored it in-store, but the PS Plus news breaks later in the day!! I used my $10 code and PM'ed the BB ad for a 3DS XL for 169.99!!! I actually bought both handheld systems in 1 day for under $400 total. Very nice.

I got lucky in a Target store this evening, the staff did a 20% off the bundle, and I used the $10 coupon plus another $5 coupon I got with my previous purchase. Got the bundle for $176 + tax.

[quote name='Sendoh']I got lucky in a Target store this evening, the staff did a 20% off the bundle, and I used the $10 coupon plus another $5 coupon I got with my previous purchase. Got the bundle for $176 + tax.[/QUOTE]

Woah, congrats dude that's pretty epic.

About matches the Target oopsie they had on the 3g model.
Except of 8GB you get 4GB and a game...I think I'd rather have your deal. ;)

Not interested in Black Ops on Vita but I wanted a cheap Vita I just haven't been able to convince myself to buy one yet.

[quote name='handsomepete']you'll be happy to know that that new r&c game appeared in my gold box and for some reason that one dollar discount pushed me over the edge. But mostly it was your frenized praise that won me over.[/quote]

:d

UGH! That's supposed to be the "Very Happy" face, but it keeps making the "D" lowercase.

[quote name='Sendoh']I got lucky in a Target store this evening, the staff did a 20% off the bundle, and I used the $10 coupon plus another $5 coupon I got with my previous purchase. Got the bundle for $176 + tax.[/QUOTE]

That's incredible. How did you get the 20% off?

Got lucky and my local BB took $50 off to match the Target add.

The game is certainly light on features, but I think they did a great job of capturing the CoD multi player feel (albeit on a smaller scale).

[quote name='UnseenGamer7']That's incredible. How did you get the 20% off?[/QUOTE]

They said they couldn't pm the gc for target online, then this guy talk with his supervisor then to an executive. Came back and told me y they couldn't do the pm but if I want to buy it in store, they can take a % off the bundle which in my case a 20%. Really nice guy. Planning on trading in the COD since ppl said its a physical game. Bestbuy gives $20 after the 100% bonus.

Tried to price match at another BB, and this time they did it! I brought the screen capture from the Target website that I printed yesterday, and they took $50 off the cost (unlike the first BB I tried which wanted me to buy an additional $50 in extras in order to get $50 off). Stacked with the AmEx Halo 4 $50 back when you spend $100+ at BB, and this vita is going to end up costing me $150 ($161 w/ tax) ^_^

Hmm, after seeing some terrible reviews and gameplay for COD Declassified, I am thinking of returning the bundle in store and buying the AC bundle.

I still haven't received it yet, but their return policy says that they will not accept the giftcard that came with the purchase. Does that mean they will just take $50 off from my refund?

[quote name='purplepanda']Hmm, after seeing some terrible reviews and gameplay for COD Declassified, I am thinking of returning the bundle in store and buying the AC bundle.

I still haven't received it yet, but their return policy says that they will not accept the giftcard that came with the purchase. Does that mean they will just take $50 off from my refund?[/QUOTE]

Yeah you'll lose 50 from the return price.

[quote name='purplepanda']Hmm, after seeing some terrible reviews and gameplay for COD Declassified, I am thinking of returning the bundle in store and buying the AC bundle.

I still haven't received it yet, but their return policy says that they will not accept the giftcard that came with the purchase. Does that mean they will just take $50 off from my refund?[/QUOTE]

Might have an easier time flipping the game on ebay. Since it goes for $50 retail, you should be able to get back enough to pay off Liberation.

I have to pad myself on the back. I was going to wait until the gamestop black friday ad leaked to open my COD bundle just to make sure there wasnt a better deal or the white vita didnt go on sale. After seeing the GS ad on cag it looks like I made a wise choice. CAGs up...

[quote name='purplepanda']yeah, i think ill try to sell it on ebay. I saw one end at $40 before fees, I'd be$happy with that.[/QUOTE]

I just sold my copy today for $40.

bread's done
Back