Target: "No More 360's till January 1st"

[quote name='edallasplanet']Thats what my target has been saying and telling everyone else.

Microsoft is going to lose a lot of money[/QUOTE]
They Lose $126 for every system sold :)

so by not selling anymore xbox 360's, microsoft is actually saving money. bill gates is a genious!!

I call bullshit. Not that I do not think the Target person told you that, but I think it's very unlikely they are right. I have no evidence or source to quote, just a feeling.

[quote name='edallasplanet']Thats what my target has been saying and telling everyone else.

Microsoft is going to lose a lot of money[/QUOTE]

I tell people at my store (K-Mart) the same thing so the fuckers stop calling every single day. More than likely Target is doing the same thing, because the constant phone calls and questions about a product NOBODY knows when they are getting more of in is very annoying, espically when customers think we know and keep asking and asking and trying to hammer it out of us.

Customer: Hey, do you have any Xbox 360's?

Me: No, we don't, we don't expect any until Janurary

Customer: Oh... thanks then.

Now, if I just say "No" to their question, they ask me "When do you expect them in?" "How many will be coming?" "How often do you get shipments?" and will proceed to call every day multiple times a day... I've got alot of work to do in a day, I don't need to have deja vu answering the same questions over and over.

I say BS!
I was at my local Meijer yesteday.

there is a sign right in the glass saying, expecting shippment weekly, check back in store every tuesday afternoon..

Whenever I call any stores I always get some guy who can barely speak english. I don't even think they know what a DVD is, how would they know what a 360 is. Your very lucky to even get a response.

[quote name='Roufuss']I tell people at my store (K-Mart) the same thing so the fuckers stop calling every single day. More than likely Target is doing the same thing, because the constant phone calls and questions about a product NOBODY knows when they are getting more of in is very annoying, espically when customers think we know and keep asking and asking and trying to hammer it out of us.

Now, if I just say "No" to their question, they ask me "When do you expect them in?" "How many will be coming?" "How often do you get shipments?" and will proceed to call every day multiple times a day... I've got alot of work to do in a day, I don't need to have deja vu answering the same questions over and over.[/QUOTE]

couldnt kmart put on the recording " we have no idea when we are getting more xbox 360 in"

[quote name='slidecage']couldnt kmart put on the recording " we have no idea when we are getting more xbox 360 in"[/QUOTE]

The idiots would just ask for electronics anyways.

I had a sign up on the front door of launch, a VERY BIG SIGN that said "Sorry, we do not have any Xbox 360's available for sale". This didn't stop the 20 or so people coming back and asking me "Hey, do you have any Xbox 360's???"

It's like they thought the sign was fake or something, and only the truly clever people who came back and asked were going to get one.

[quote name='Roufuss']The idiots would just ask for electronics anyways.

I had a sign up on the front door of launch, a VERY BIG SIGN that said "Sorry, we do not have any Xbox 360's available for sale". This didn't stop the 20 or so people coming back and asking me "Hey, do you have any Xbox 360's???"

It's like they thought the sign was fake or something, and only the truly clever people who came back and asked were going to get one.[/QUOTE]

Man, if you put a sign up like that in any of stores you sure as hell better put one up in spanish. Even then it seems people can't quite read. If the sign says No, it must means Yes.

[quote name='slidecage']couldnt kmart put on the recording " we have no idea when we are getting more xbox 360 in"[/QUOTE]

more xbox 360's in? My k mart never got a single one....They got the xbox 360 display unit with the controllers ahe the pimp plates, but not a xbox 360....

B.S

some worker I saw at Best Buy the other night kept telling parents and kids they weren't getting any until March of 06'. uhh..

I mean I realize they get tired of answering the same questions over and over but I get asked the same stuff at work about the 360, hence why you answer all the questions in one go so it makes it easier.

"No, we are sold out right now, not sure when we are getting more. There is no waiting list so just keep calling us" :)

BOOOOM!!!

[quote name='Roufuss']The idiots would just ask for electronics anyways.

It's like they thought the sign was fake or something, and only the truly clever people who came back and asked were going to get one.[/QUOTE]

should put on the sign

we are out of xbox 360, we have no idea when we are getting anymore in.. if you walk though our doors and still ask us if we have an xbox360 we hold the right to punch you > : )

[quote name='Roufuss']I tell people at my store (K-Mart) the same thing so the fuckers stop calling every single day. More than likely Target is doing the same thing, because the constant phone calls and questions about a product NOBODY knows when they are getting more of in is very annoying, espically when customers think we know and keep asking and asking and trying to hammer it out of us.

Now, if I just say "No" to their question, they ask me "When do you expect them in?" "How many will be coming?" "How often do you get shipments?" and will proceed to call every day multiple times a day... I've got alot of work to do in a day, I don't need to have deja vu answering the same questions over and over.[/QUOTE]

I say the same thing about Air Force 1s. "I don't expect any all white until March" However, that's based in fact that Nike only ships them for Spring and Summer.

That's what I've done...pretty much all week long. I guess if it pisses off workers so much, I should stop.

the way i figure it is this. M$ dont want us to have any 360 at all. i figure IF were lucky enough there may be some on the shelves by christmas 2006 to early 2007. so all the games, wifi adapter gold membership i bought will look good sitting on my shelf for a solid year maby a year and a half before it gets used by then the few that was able to get one will have quit playing them games and have moved on. so i paid $60.00 for something i could of gotten at a yard sale for $2.00. but look at it like this, i have spent more money then expected because i have been going from store to store looking for a 360. the retailers set cool things right next to the path i have to take to see if they have one in stock.

aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggg!!!!!! their winning!!!!!!!! the humanity!!!!!!!!

[quote name='Greetard']That's what I've done...pretty much all week long. I guess if it pisses off workers so much, I should stop.[/QUOTE]

There are certain people where I've gotten to recognize their voice, and the time frame in which they call in... I'll just say that the call release button is my friend, and after getting hung up on two or three times they've stopped calling. I mean, these people even call Saturday and Sunday, when we don't even get shipments in.

I

There will probably be some 360's coming in Tuesday or next week.

But yeah I hate when people call on the weekends and ask the question. We don't get shipments on weekends, and if there are any left they will be eaten by the Saturday customers.

I enjoy at my local GS how they have so many pre-orders that they stated to everyone looking to buy one that they won't have any in for regular customers until February. I laugh because some people that pre-ordered are trying to get higher up on the list to get theirs but its just sad.

I can't wait until they drop the price because that is the only time I'll be getting one.

I'm kinda torn... who knows if they'll still offer the premium bundle... but then... what if they do go with the core as the main and noone supports the HDD ala PS2?

Not exactly department type retail stores, but EB and GS types have kinda brought the calls on themselves. In a store where your "OMG pre-order or else" bullshit is just that....bullshit about 98% of the time, what do you expect?
Many who want something just don't even bother, almost to the point of ignoring the word "pre-order" when it comes out of their mouths. I usually stop listening at "it comes out on ****, you can pre...." to be honest.

True, a console is different, and many should know better if they really gotta have one at launch. But something to think about.
As far as retail outlets in general, you guys have my utmost sympathy. :) This time of year and console launch shortages on top of that....I would have blown a gasket by now.
Just make sure you secure your magazine racks. It's probably going to only get worse.

bread's done
Back