Target PC games

p00ndawg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
not sure if to put this in that other thread or not, so if I am in the wrong please forgive.

but they have battelfield 2 for 9.99 and bioshock for 24.99. Not sure if its local only or YMMV as you guys call it, but my store at the very least had as a *temporary price drop*.

Pretty Good deals.

Edit:

Battlefield 2 was already posted in the other Target thread.

[quote name='keithp']Nice. Is that just Battlefied 2 or is it the complete edition?[/quote]

I am not sure what is the difference?

I bought it though, and as far as I can tell it just says battlefield 2.

I think, but may be wrong, its just battlefield 2.

Ah, yeah, I see it in the Target clearance thread. It's been that for a couple of months, which means I probably don't have a chance in hell of finding it at my Target.

Thanks for the heads-up, though!

[quote name='keithp']Ah, yeah, I see it in the Target clearance thread. It's been that for a couple of months, which means I probably don't have a chance in hell of finding it at my Target.

Thanks for the heads-up, though![/quote]

wow, there were a few at my target. I go there all the time and had never seen them before.

no problem, bioshock tho was for cheaps.

Nice. Thanks for the heads up OP. Finally, Bioshock maxed at 60 fps with vsync here I come :D

[quote name='Apossum']Nice. Thanks for the heads up OP. Finally, Bioshock maxed at 60 fps with vsync here I come :D[/quote]

awesome, if you can bump this if you happen to go to your target, as i am not sure if its local only or global.

I edited.

:)

[quote name='p00ndawg']awesome, if you can bump this if you happen to go to your target, as i am not sure if its local only or global.

I edited.

:)[/QUOTE]

I'm going tomorrow, but this thread will probably get merged with the main Target clearance by then. It's probably national.

For those of you in San Diego, Target in Clairemont Mesa does not have any, but i went to the one in Mira Mesa After, 3 copies left after i bought one

[quote name='boxcutter']For those of you in San Diego, Target in Clairemont Mesa does not have any, but i went to the one in Mira Mesa After, 3 copies left after i bought one[/quote]

from what i am hearing its not completely nation wide, but a ton of them have it priced that low.

Ive seen BF2 for 9.99 at a few targets. Its just the core game, and its not a clearance item, its regular price.

Also, I've seen LoTR: Battle for Middle Earth 1, BFME 2 and Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault for that price.

[quote name='jalu6']Ive seen BF2 for 9.99 at a few targets. Its just the core game, and its not a clearance item, its regular price.

Also, I've seen LoTR: Battle for Middle Earth 1, BFME 2 and Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault for that price.[/quote]

what does that mean that its the core game?

[quote name='JoeX111']It's minus the expansion packs, I believe.[/quote]

hmm, yea ok, I just looked on the servers though and there are plenty of servers that arent using the expansion packs.

Theres acutally less with than without.

I think BF2 is 9.99 everywhere now.

I'm 99% sure I've seen it that price at Best Buy and Nebraska Furniture Mart, as well as Target.

I'll drop by my local Tarrrzhaaaayy and see if Bioshock is $25. I'll pick it up at that price
v.gif

Would Bioshock be a good pick up for PC? I don't know when I'm going to get a 360 and I really want to play the game. I normally don't play PC games but is it easy to get used to the keyboard?

[quote name='Blackout542']Would Bioshock be a good pick up for PC? I don't know when I'm going to get a 360 and I really want to play the game. I normally don't play PC games but is it easy to get used to the keyboard?[/quote]BioShock is great game. Do you meet the minimum specs required for BioShock? If so, pick it up.

For those of you just purchasing BF2, if you know anyone that owns the Special Forces expansion they can login on your account, play a map, then you will be able to unlock the Special Forces weapons as well and get 2 weapon unlocks at every promotion (you won't be able to play those maps though).

Unfortunately I'll never get enough experience to unlock my last two weapons :(

[quote name='y2julio']BioShock is great game. Do you meet the minimum specs required for BioShock? If so, pick it up.[/quote]

No I mean it is hard to adjust to using a mouse and keyboard if I am strictly a console guy?

[quote name='Blackout542']No I mean it is hard to adjust to using a mouse and keyboard if I am strictly a console guy?[/quote]BioShock fully supports the 360 controller if you have a wired 360 controller or the $20 dongle for wireless. It even supports vibration which I was impressed by. Not owning a 360, it's the first (and only) time I felt my controller shake. At least I know it works :)

In a more direct response to your question though, I think adjusting to mouse and keyboard depends on you. I find that interface very intuitive and would take it any day over a controller EXCEPT when I need analog controls for driving/flying... which don't occur in BioShock

the only problem that I've really seen with Bioshock for PC was the horrendous DRM that was included with the game. The steam copy doesn't suffer from this from what I recall.

[quote name='mikeohara']the only problem that I've really seen with Bioshock for PC was the horrendous DRM that was included with the game. The steam copy doesn't suffer from this from what I recall.[/quote]

..another thing that was blown way out of proportion by internet mobs.

[quote name='mikeohara']the only problem that I've really seen with Bioshock for PC was the horrendous DRM that was included with the game. The steam copy doesn't suffer from this from what I recall.[/QUOTE]

but as a result, the crack is widely available if you find you need to install it on more than 2 machines (or whatever the limit is.)

Just picked up a copy...it's a temporary price drop, so if any of you guys go to get it, don't look in the clearance section!

Just picked up a copy of Bioshock for PC for $25. Also grabber GRAW2 for the PC for $12.50, it was marked as $25, but scanned at $12.50.

[quote name='spuffin']BioShock fully supports the 360 controller if you have a wired 360 controller or the $20 dongle for wireless. It even supports vibration which I was impressed by. Not owning a 360, it's the first (and only) time I felt my controller shake. At least I know it works :)

In a more direct response to your question though, I think adjusting to mouse and keyboard depends on you. I find that interface very intuitive and would take it any day over a controller EXCEPT when I need analog controls for driving/flying... which don't occur in BioShock[/quote]

Oh ok. So if I wanted to I could buy a 360 controller to play on the PC? I guess I'll pick up Bioshock. Seems like a damn good deal for $25. How long is this price drop going to continue?

[quote name='Blackout542']Oh ok. So if I wanted to I could buy a 360 controller to play on the PC? I guess I'll pick up Bioshock. Seems like a damn good deal for $25. How long is this price drop going to continue?[/quote]You got it. And currently amazon is offering the wireless controller WITH dongle for $42 (the same price as the controller by itself)

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbo..._4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1200004136&sr=8-4

I would make the link smaller and put in the CAG referral link but I'm dumb.

[quote name='Blackout542']No I mean it is hard to adjust to using a mouse and keyboard if I am strictly a console guy?[/quote]
Keyboard and mouse is THE way to play FPS. You'll feel like an aiming god with a keyboard and mouse after playing on a console, and you won't want to go back.

Sorry another question, maybe this should be asked in another thread, but i was wondering if my PC can support Bioshock. I really know nothing about computers like that. I was able to instal Quake Wars Enemy Territory, which is a fairly recent game. Will my PC handle Bioshock? And if it doesn't run can you return the game or are you SOL?

The BioShock pipe-fitting puzzles would get very old with a 360 controller. I love that it supports it, but that is one game I will not play with it.

[quote name='Blackout542']Sorry another question, maybe this should be asked in another thread, but i was wondering if my PC can support Bioshock. I really know nothing about computers like that. I was able to instal Quake Wars Enemy Territory, which is a fairly recent game. Will my PC handle Bioshock? And if it doesn't run can you return the game or are you SOL?[/quote]

post your pc specs and Ill answer ya.

you can also go to systemrequirementslab.com

and it will give you a rough idea if you can run it or not.

Chances are though that if you need to ask, you wont get the best picture.

bread's done
Back