Target PS3 160GB - straight to 50% off clearance - $124.98!

It's not that NOTHING should have it's own thread and should always be in the related store thread. When there's good deals I'm all for a new thread for that specific deal. But with something like this which is extremely YMMV (most stores haven't even carried these for a long time, and from the looks of things most of them that still have a few left aren't even clearancing them) I think it's just clutter.
If it's clutter it will disappear quickly and you won't have to worry about it. I say stop bitching.

Called 2 Targets regarding the Wii, they had'em, but for reg price, both times told the associate about in-store clearance regarding the item, they had no problem verifying the price for me, so to that lame about not calling, shut up. (Atlanta)

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of times the employee really doesn't care. You think they don't see the clearance tag on the system when they're restocking items and helping other customers? Just because somebody works in electronics doesn't mean they're some video game geek who resells everything when it's clearance. 

According to the link there is one at the Target across town but I'm not sure I really want to make the drive to check for it considering I already have a PS3. I do kind of want the Wii at $60 though.

I actually like the slim model compared to the super slim, might have to grab a backup if they have one for $125 locally!

Here is the one I snagged in Vegas: 

oxba.jpg

I love how everyone loves to argue when a price is YMMV. It's regional pricing, it's nothing new, it's nothing exclusive to Target and it's not worth arguing over. Some stores are probably getting new product and need the space, I know the store I work for (though not a Target) is looking at following suit because we're about to launch a huge pre-order campaign and we have way too many Wii's and 160GB PS3's left. It's not a big surprise to be honest, eventually all stores will clearance them out, but it'll be closer to November or for Black Friday. Hell, Black Friday, they'll probably just give you a free Wii when you walk in the door.

One of the Targets by me has one of these 160gb older slim models in stock. I guess I'll check my closest one tomorrow when I'm scheduled to go in for PT tomorrow since the store is right up the hill.

It's not that NOTHING should have it's own thread and should always be in the related store thread. When there's good deals I'm all for a new thread for that specific deal. But with something like this which is extremely YMMV (most stores haven't even carried these for a long time, and from the looks of things most of them that still have a few left aren't even clearancing them) I think it's just clutter.
Sigh. This is exactly the line of thought I am talking about. For someone to notice a deal like this they would have to be actively monitoring the Target clearance thread just in case something they're interested in is on clearance at Target which is a ridiculous assumption. Even if they were monitoring it, who knows where this particular deal would be buried among all the noise in the thread. If someone makes a post of a great deal, even if it is YMMV, it would only be bumped to the top of the list by a reply. So if someone posts a crap deal it would just get buried in the normal course of postings whereas if it is a good deal, more people will be talking about it.

Just for example, let's take it to another extreme and say there are NO store posts and there is a post for every single deal. This situation is still workable given that only the best deals would get replies and would go to the top of the list and the crap deals would filter their way down. More than individual threads, I have a bigger problem with asshats needlessly bumping threads saying "in for x" or "great deal lololol".

My point is, when there is a great deal there is no question that it deserves its own thread even if it is YMMV since it needs to get noticed. How many people in this thread would never have known about this deal unless the thread existed?

You done good, OP. You done good.

Checked the Mobile Target Inventory system. Wow, everyone must have scooped them all up, about 30 miles around me shows every store is out of stock, except Hawthorne.

Just came back from the Target in Toms River, NJ. They had one PS3 160 GB for the $124.98 clearance price (which, naturally, I picked up). I didn't see any of the $60 Wiis, though.

I think it's safe to say that this discount is pretty wide-spread...or was, seeing as some of you are having troubles finding these models now.

Why do people CALL stores about deals? You do know that even if the item comes up at the discounted price, almost no store employee is going to actually tell you that? Always better to just go and pretend you're going to buy, then if the price isn't discounted, just tell them you decided not to get it. Calling is a bad approach, won't get you anything!
You've inspired me to write a song. I call it "Rash Generalizations." It goes like this

"Rash generalizations / rash generalizations / in the face of no evidence / I like to make rash generalizations!"

It's not a very good song, but it's a song.

As a Target team member, when people call and ask about price. I tell them. If it's in stock, I tell them. Most TMs who are interested in games know to check the clearance rack on Mondays, so it's not like you're really surprising them with your call. Ermmm, I mean you're rash generalization.

Just called Target (30 miles away from me) and the clearance price just rolled in and it's coming to $174 (30% off)  Asked if it'll drop even more and she says it will drop to 50% then 75% (I believe she says in 2 weeks) but as long as they still have them and seeing that they're discontinued....its gonna be tough finding it for that price.

As a Target team member, when people call and ask about price. I tell them. If it's in stock, I tell them. Most TMs who are interested in games know to check the clearance rack on Mondays, so it's not like you're really surprising them with your call. Ermmm, I mean you're rash generalization
Mondays you say? I did not know that. Now I do. (rubs hands together gleefully)

BTW, the Target in Far North Scottsdale seems to be the last one in the greater Phoenix area with this 160GB model in stock. It's currently on clearance and priced at $175. Far North Scottsdale is off the beaten path, and in a sparsely populated area where most of the citizens are affluent enough to overlook bargains like this. I'm going to keep that spot in mind the next time there's a solid deal.

At my target no 160GB but there's a toy story bundle with 250 GB and all three movies on Blu ray...$139.98. Also a MW3 360 for $209.98.

Edit: looked at that wrong, toy story 3 the game, 1 and 2 are Blu rays.

Checked the Mobile Target Inventory system. Wow, everyone must have scooped them all up, about 30 miles around me shows every store is out of stock, except Hawthorne.
That's even if there were any in stock at any stores in LA, whether at clearance or not. Pasadena had it listed as limited availability yesterday, but it's OOS now. None listed anywhere in LA, same with the Wiis. Various older X360 bundles are also being reported as found on clearance at various stores, including the Gears of War 3 bundle. Virtually every location in LA for all of these returns them as "not sold at this store", which means they're out of the system and probably have been for a very long time, if they ever carried them at these locations at all.

Here's a link to the online inventory checker for the X360 GoW3 bundle

Wii Just Dance Bundle

Wii Mario Bundle

Damn someone grabbed them all in my area a guys at a few targets said a older guy came in and got them

Somebody trying to ease in to my turf I ran this shit for years don't want to get all wire on them but its about respect

Funny noob If you been here under 3 years you might as well be a ant because what you say or what you think don't matter

Ran into a couple of stores while on the road today. Anyone who still had one of these did not have it on clearance. The store where I bought mine yesterday had 0 PS3 and 1 Wii left today when I ran by. That was quick.

I always love when people quote gas costs... I have a prius c and get 60-70mpg driving around the city here with my ac blaring. Gas cost isn't factored in to anything I do, but time, yea that is.
No, just the extortionate price you paid for the Prius (vs a non-hybrid with the same options) and the absolute boredom associated with driving one. Honestly, I'd rather waste the gas money driving my STI. :)

That's even if there were any in stock at any stores in LA, whether at clearance or not. Pasadena had it listed as limited availability yesterday, but it's OOS now. None listed anywhere in LA, same with the Wiis. Various older X360 bundles are also being reported as found on clearance at various stores, including the Gears of War 3 bundle. Virtually every location in LA for all of these returns them as "not sold at this store", which means they're out of the system and probably have been for a very long time, if they ever carried them at these locations at all.

Here's a link to the online inventory checker for the X360 GoW3 bundle

Wii Just Dance Bundle

Wii Mario Bundle
I asked one of the workers yesterday to check the Pasadena store, he checked the system and said they had two in stock at regular price.

It was 174 at my local Target - the 160gb bundle w/ Black Ops/First Strike DLC. - Neptune, NJ

Just came back from the Target in Toms River, NJ. They had one PS3 160 GB for the $124.98 clearance price (which, naturally, I picked up). I didn't see any of the $60 Wiis, though.

I think it's safe to say that this discount is pretty wide-spread...or was, seeing as some of you are having troubles finding these models now.
AWESOME! I used to frequent that Target (I worked in Toms River) but very rarely found any good clearance deals there.

I asked one of the workers yesterday to check the Pasadena store, he checked the system and said they had two in stock at regular price.
Well I punched in the DPCI at that store today, and it came up at $124.98 :hot: . Someone snatched them up this morning, no doubt.

Unless you're talking about the east Pasadena store (which used to be a Fedco...props if you're old school enough to remember that..God I miss that store...got sooo many awesome deals on sooo many amazing NES games there in the late 80's, anyway I digress). The east Pasadena store indicates it's not available, which means it isn't in their system. I would buy up every single one I could find at other stores in LA and perform return/rebuys, however there are none in any stores in LA. :cry:

No, just the extortionate price you paid for the Prius (vs a non-hybrid with the same options) and the absolute boredom associated with driving one. Honestly, I'd rather waste the gas money driving my STI. :)
I paid 13500 for my prius c after trading in my last car(a 2004)... So don't know what you're talking about on costs. Also, not boring at all to drive, it has what basically amounts to a built in game that helps you eek out the most mpg. I hate driving other cars now, especially when parallel parking :)

*edit* also came with first 2 years maintenance and roadside, not that it really matters since I do my own maintenance usually but yea... Also saved around $1800 in gas last year, with my FL trip included in that, when compared to my '04 gtp. Could trade in my car right now and only get only $1k less than what I paid with trade-in, not bad after owning it for a year and four months.

None in Holyoke, just went by there on the way home. There used to be a toy story bundle @ the Hadley store, but haven't been that way in a while.

Sigh. This is exactly the line of thought I am talking about. For someone to notice a deal like this they would have to be actively monitoring the Target clearance thread just in case something they're interested in is on clearance at Target which is a ridiculous assumption. Even if they were monitoring it, who knows where this particular deal would be buried among all the noise in the thread. If someone makes a post of a great deal, even if it is YMMV, it would only be bumped to the top of the list by a reply. So if someone posts a crap deal it would just get buried in the normal course of postings whereas if it is a good deal, more people will be talking about it.

Just for example, let's take it to another extreme and say there are NO store posts and there is a post for every single deal. This situation is still workable given that only the best deals would get replies and would go to the top of the list and the crap deals would filter their way down. More than individual threads, I have a bigger problem with asshats needlessly bumping threads saying "in for x" or "great deal lololol".

My point is, when there is a great deal there is no question that it deserves its own thread even if it is YMMV since it needs to get noticed. How many people in this thread would never have known about this deal unless the thread existed?

You done good, OP. You done good.
Except you could say that for EVERY SINGLE decent deal and therein hopefully you start to grasp the scope of the problem.

Keeping up with the Target thread is something if you're a true CAG you'd do anyway and if there's a good deal it's the talk of the thread and you'd have to purposely try to miss it.

Went yesterday to only Target that had it listed in stock..The guy scans it says 249.99 also they had two wiis

both 149.99 go today to check again ps3 is gone and only on wii left scanned the wii still 149.99 sound fishy to me that 160 ps3 been there for months and all of a sudden gone?? also who is buying wiis anymore/???

Went yesterday to only Target that had it listed in stock..The guy scans it says 249.99 also they had two wiis

both 149.99 go today to check again ps3 is gone and only on wii left scanned the wii still 149.99 sound fishy to me that 160 ps3 been there for months and all of a sudden gone?? also who is buying wiis anymore/???
Employees prob bought them :cry:

Employees prob bought them :cry:
Yeah, you done been played, son. If the employee is scanning a potential clearance item, make sure you can see the screen. It's possible that it rung up at $125, and the employee told you it was MSRP so they could nab it for themselves after you were gone. It's also possible that it hadn't been moved over to clearance yet, and your interest alerted the store that it was time to clear that item out. Your interest may have also alerted some of the employees about the sweet deal to be had as well.

Just one of the dangers of this sort of bargain hunting.

Went to the only Target in SA that had one in stock, it was $174 and someone beat me to it and bought it last night sadly

Well I punched in the DPCI at that store today, and it came up at $124.98 :hot: . Someone snatched them up this morning, no doubt.

Unless you're talking about the east Pasadena store (which used to be a Fedco...props if you're old school enough to remember that..God I miss that store...got sooo many awesome deals on sooo many amazing NES games there in the late 80's, anyway I digress). The east Pasadena store indicates it's not available, which means it isn't in their system. I would buy up every single one I could find at other stores in LA and perform return/rebuys, however there are none in any stores in LA. :cry:
Nah, it was the Target at downtown Pasadena that I had the dude check on. He also checked the shelves at the East Pasadena store, they did have it on the shelf but it was sold out, I had him check the price too and it was still $249.99 in store.

Thanks OP!

Couldn't find a PS3 anywhere, associate said they were $125. :hot:
But I ended up grabbing a Gears of War 360 for $150.

Local Target (Northern Illinois) had a 250GB PS3 Toy Story Slim bundle for $140

DCPI if I recall right was 207 23 0016

Anyone know if the PS3 320 GB move Bundle is also on clearance? Suspiciously on the website it is "in store only" and it is for the most part limited stock around me.

bread's done
Back