Target PS3 160GB - straight to 50% off clearance - $124.98!

I'm confused. How do we use that number to find the 160GB model? I typed 207 23 0014 into target and got other bundles instead
It would have worked if the website still had it listed. DPCI is usually used for in store searches only after they drop to clearance. However, you may be able to find the item number if you google the DPCI as "Target xxx xx xxx" and you may get lucky. After that, see target clearance thread to see what to do with item number.

Last edited by a moderator:
I manage to snag the last one in Anchorage. I don't know why since I already have one but I could keep it as a backup I guess. I think somebody came looking or called for it earlier since the guy in electronics mention they couldn't find it in the back when they were looking for it or something.

Local Target (Northern Illinois) had a 250GB PS3 Toy Story Slim bundle for $140

DCPI if I recall right was 207 23 0016

Aww man. I'm right at the top of Illinois! Which target was that?

None showed up in stock in Eastern NC, don't feel like driving to Raleigh to see if they have it in stock and on clearance...so sad because my old PS3 is dying......

any CAG spot a new PS3 160 (made in 2010) or new PS3 250 GB Toy story 3 bundle (made in 2010) - sticker at the bottom of the box for clearance. Please contact me and we can work something out.

I have 120 in PAYpal and more in Amazon/BB/Walmart GC + tons of game swag for trade(gold nunchuck/Square enix ultimate prize) CML.

I will pay cost with 120 in paypal and supplement the rest with Amazon/BB/Walmart GC. I will also ship out all last 3 years of the Square Enix ultimate prizes

I paid 13500 for my prius c after trading in my last car(a 2004)... So don't know what you're talking about on costs. Also, not boring at all to drive, it has what basically amounts to a built in game that helps you eek out the most mpg. I hate driving other cars now, especially when parallel parking :)

*edit* also came with first 2 years maintenance and roadside, not that it really matters since I do my own maintenance usually but yea... Also saved around $1800 in gas last year, with my FL trip included in that, when compared to my '04 gtp. Could trade in my car right now and only get only $1k less than what I paid with trade-in, not bad after owning it for a year and four months.

None in Holyoke, just went by there on the way home. There used to be a toy story bundle @ the Hadley store, but haven't been that way in a while.
What's he's talking about is that you spent a good deal of money for not a lot of car. 13.5k isn't a lot, but when you figure in how much money you lost on the previous car in the trade, it turns out to be a lot more than you think. If I read your post correctly, getting 12.5k back on a 20k car isn't exactly a lot considering you've only had it for a year and 4 months. Personally, I would have gone for a Prius II instead - More power, better mileage, better interior and 4-wheel disc brakes and overall more fun to drive. Someday I'll get to own one, but until then I'll just have to make do with my 31 mpg FR-S, which also comes with 2 years of maintenance and roadside.

That said, as others have mentioned, all the PS3 bundles are sold out around me in the LA area, save for Hawthorne.

Consoles were only 30% off around me but I've been wanting a deal on a slim. There's a bundle with Black Ops 207-23-0018 that I picked up.

What's he's talking about is that you spent a good deal of money for not a lot of car. 13.5k isn't a lot, but when you figure in how much money you lost on the previous car in the trade, it turns out to be a lot more than you think. If I read your post correctly, getting 12.5k back on a 20k car isn't exactly a lot considering you've only had it for a year and 4 months. Personally, I would have gone for a Prius II instead - More power, better mileage, better interior and 4-wheel disc brakes and overall more fun to drive. Someday I'll get to own one, but until then I'll just have to make do with my 31 mpg FR-S, which also comes with 2 years of maintenance and roadside.

That said, as others have mentioned, all the PS3 bundles are sold out around me in the LA area, save for Hawthorne.
You misread. I got 5k on trade in for a 2004 car. 5k+13.5k=18500, trade in is 17500 right now in my area according to kbb. That would be 1k off. Prius ii actually gets worse city mileage, and maybe, if you're going 60 in a 65, 1-2 more mpg on the highway. It also costs thousands more, insurance is more expensive, more power with more weight/length equals out, etc. The only thing you could get me on is interior, but the only time I am in my car long enough to even notice the interior is on cross country trips (every 2 years on avg for me.)

Wanted to add no star wars 360s in my area either, shame I kind of wanted one :/

Just came back from Hawthorne

Theres nothing :(

Spent 40 min getting over there when it should have took only 10

Just came back from Hawthorne

Theres nothing :(

Spent 40 min getting over there when it should have took only 10
Yup, I already checked it out. the PS3 160 is still coming up in the system there as "limited availability" at $174.98, however it's not in the location on the floor as indicated, and according to the floor manager that actually went around and checked, it's not in the stockroom, not in the drawers behind the electronics checkout counter, and not in customer service. Either it's a display model, or a customer or employee somehow hid/stole it.

I did however get a pristine X360 Black Ops 2 Care Package for the cost of 2 $9.99 PC games, courtesy of the magic B2G1 coupon. Love seeing that -$179.99 on the receipt.

So...I have a store about an hour from my house with 2 in stock...I've called and they still have $250 tags on them.  Rather not have them scan them just in case...what are the chances of them being either $125 or even $175?  Should I just go ahead and make the trip?

So...I have a store about an hour from my house with 2 in stock...I've called and they still have $250 tags on them. Rather not have them scan them just in case...what are the chances of them being either $125 or even $175? Should I just go ahead and make the trip?
Seems like that's the only way you're gonna find out.

I did however get a pristine X360 Black Ops 2 Care Package for the cost of 2 $9.99 PC games, courtesy of the magic B2G1 coupon. Love seeing that -$179.99 on the receipt.
Do you have a stock locator for that?

I know you found locators for other stuff.

Do you have a stock locator for that?

I know you found locators for other stuff.
I could never find an online item number for either version, but the DPCI's are 207-22-0783 and 207-24-0783

So, using the mobile tracker with the dp numbers:

PS3

X360

FYI the PS3 version of Black Ops 2 Care Package at Hawthorne is on the shelf and BEAT TO SHIT. The cardboard wrapping is torn to shreds, and it looks like it's been opened, even with the security spider wrap around it.

I could never find an online item number for either version, but the DPCI's are 207-22-0783 and 207-24-0783

So, using the mobile tracker with the dp numbers:

PS3

X360

FYI the PS3 version at Hawthorne is on the shelf and BEAT TO SHIT. The cardboard wrapping is torn to shreds, and it looks like it's been opened, even with the security spider wrap around it.
Dang. None near me. Thanks!

Gah, would've been killer to find this deal before I got my used one a month ago. Oh well, it's still a great system.

Dang. None near me. Thanks!
None near me either. I know the one had a 160gb console a few weeks ago. But I guess that must've sold. Either that or their inventory is off, since I think it was at the same one showing the Black Friday super slim bundle that's listed on the website still for $199.99 as in stock.

$150 would be a good deal but $174 is not much of a deal considering they are upping the size of the HDD in the newer models.

Newegg had the 500G model for $200 on ebay recently. Just saying

$150 would be a good deal but $174 is not much of a deal considering they are upping the size of the HDD in the newer models.

Newegg had the 500G model for $200 on ebay recently. Just saying
The hard drive is fairly irrelevant. Hard drives are cheap, and getting cheaper all the time. When I picked up my slim PS3 for $170, one of the first things I did was take the 320 GB HDD from my current PS3 and put it in the new one. I shuffle HDDs around like that all the time. Eventually, I will probably get an even bigger HDD for my PS3. (as soon as I see a sale at Fry's that I like)

This is one of the features that attracted me to the PS3 to begin with. I like being able to freely upgrade my system as I see fit. Especially for something like HDD space. The real draw of a $170 slim PS3 is that you are getting a brand-new system. Brand-new doesn't matter for games, (especially Blu-Ray PS3 games) but it does still make a difference for systems. The size of the HDD is barely worth considering.

The hard drive is fairly irrelevant. Hard drives are cheap, and getting cheaper all the time. When I picked up my slim PS3 for $170, one of the first things I did was take the 320 GB HDD from my current PS3 and put it in the new one. I shuffle HDDs around like that all the time. Eventually, I will probably get an even bigger HDD for my PS3. (as soon as I see a sale at Fry's that I like)

This is one of the features that attracted me to the PS3 to begin with. I like being able to freely upgrade my system as I see fit. Especially for something like HDD space. The real draw of a $170 slim PS3 is that you are getting a brand-new system. Brand-new doesn't matter for games, (especially Blu-Ray PS3 games) but it does still make a difference for systems. The size of the HDD is barely worth considering.

That would be true except that the average big game takes 4-5Gs nowadays. Best to load up on a 500G HDD if you got tons of PS3 titles like me.

Hell the biggest installation has to be Tekken Tag 2 which takes up over 7 gigs of space!

That would be true except that the average big game takes 4-5Gs nowadays. Best to load up on a 500G HDD if you got tons of PS3 titles like me.

Hell the biggest installation has to be Tekken Tag 2 which takes up over 7 gigs of space!
Oh, I don't question the need for a nice, substantial hard drive. Like I said, I'm rocking a 320 GB drive in my new slim PS3. (definitely wasn't going to settle for the 160 GB drive it came with) I was just pointing out that with the PS3, it is possible to upgrade the hard drive without buying a new system.

The ridiculous mark-up on 360 hard drives, as well as the incompatibility between models, makes upgrading HDDs on the 360 financially unfeasible. If you run out of space, you just get a new 360.

With the PS3, you have more options. I can spend less to get a PS3 with a smaller hard drive, and then upgrade it to whatever size I want. I could drop a terabyte in there if I was so inclined. And the constant lowering of hard drive prices makes this an attractive approach to PS3 shopping. If you try to get a 500 GB model off of eBay, it is going to be a used unit, and will have a greater degree of wear and tear. If you can get a new unit with a smaller hard drive, you get a more stable system that will likely last longer, and you can upgrade the hard drive to whatever size you prefer.

Finally made it to my local today, and was able to score the last remaining Star Wars Xbox bundle for $175.xx.  The electronics CSR mentioned that he purchased one the day before, so I was probably extremely lucky in my timing.  Needless to say, there are not a ton of these left out in the retail wilds by now, and I imagine will be almost completely gone by the end of this year.  I am elated to finally be able to add this unit to my collection, as I have been dying to have it since it released, but could never justify the expense, considering how many other consoles I already have.  This one dropped straight to 50% off, because I was looking at it not two weeks ago, and it was still full price.

Finally made it to my local today, and was able to score the last remaining Star Wars Xbox bundle for $175.xx.
Ah, you lucky devil! I would love to be able to get one of those Star Wars-themed 360s, but there are none left in my area. That was a good find on your part.

Finally made it to my local today, and was able to score the last remaining Star Wars Xbox bundle for $175.xx. The electronics CSR mentioned that he purchased one the day before, so I was probably extremely lucky in my timing. Needless to say, there are not a ton of these left out in the retail wilds by now, and I imagine will be almost completely gone by the end of this year. I am elated to finally be able to add this unit to my collection, as I have been dying to have it since it released, but could never justify the expense, considering how many other consoles I already have. This one dropped straight to 50% off, because I was looking at it not two weeks ago, and it was still full price.
What you could do is buy it at the price it is now, go check your local target with the DCPI machine. Wait a few wks until the price drops more. Go to customer service and do a return a repurchase. YMMV on that part, but I was able to in the past.

If not just go return it at night and come back the next morning and buy it at the new lower price!

Goddamn it. I thought it kismet that I found this thread, followed the item tracker to a store 30mi away that my gf just happened to be in... Just to find that they were still full price. Womp womp.

Went on a road trip yesterday to a Target 20 miles away to get the last MW3 360 bundle. Picked it up for $150. After my Redcard, I paid $152.10. Hell of a deal. The guys there said there was about 11 there the day before I got mine. Glad those bastards that took them left one for me.
Lol. You, finally, got to one! Congrats! :)

Damn went looking where the tracker said there was a PS3 but didn't find one.  Would have loved one at this price. 

Just got mine for $125 in Kansas City, got the last one too. The employees were 'pissed' as they wanted to get it at the end of the shift. XD

Just got mine for $125 in Kansas City, got the last one too. The employees were 'pissed' as they wanted to get it at the end of the shift. XD
That's why if you work at a place that has a pretty insane clearance deal you buy it on your lunch or other breaks and don't take a chance it'll be there at the end of your shift.

How do we check the prices in the store ourselves? I have a feeling that the employee I talked to lied to me when I asked for him to scan the price. He told me $299.99 for all of them (Holiday Bundle, GoW3, CoD Bundle). Than he asked why I seemed so interested (which I guess it would seem so since I asked for the price of all of them).

Anyways, wondering how to get the price in store myself.

Anyways, wondering how to get the price in store myself.
Type the 9 digit DCPI number into one of the scanners at the end of the aisle. It'll show you the current price.

Glad this thread got some people some cheap consoles. I wish I had the scratch to just grab all the local PS3s the first day and just ship them out to CAGs.

bread's done
Back