Target to close all Canadian stores after only two years in the market

Who honestly didn't see this coming? Their shelves were mostly always empty, the stores were quiet majority of the time, etc. 

Also, I was wondering. Are we still going to be able to purchase Rosalina and Luna?

Last edited by a moderator:
Stockyards Target in Toronto, their 'flagship' store here was pretty active and well stocked. They really fucked up their launch though. The Vic & Danforth location near launch was laughable with how empty the shelves were. Target did have a few great sales and pricing errors.

No clue about Rosalina. It might be time to start e-mailing NOA customer service. I wouldn't bet on tweeting at them and noticing.

Just seeing this now on the news. Yep, no surprise, but does this mean we're getting Zellers back? (lol) In any case, yeah, looking forward to the clearance sale, I guess.

Zellers never had any deals gaming wise and was a sad hole that is good to be gone from existance. Sucks about Target though I liked the Cloverdale Mall and Stockyards locations.

Who honestly didn't see this coming? Their shelves were mostly always empty,
That's apparently why they failed. If you've been in American Targets you'd notice that each one is laid out and stocked nearly identically. Where every Canadian Zellers was a different size and shape. Target's management ignored this, and tried to run them like their uniform US stores. So their stock level sucked balls in places and maybe some smaller locations were bursting at the seams.

Also, everything cost noticeably more than Walmart.

Zellers never had any deals gaming wise and was a sad hole that is good to be gone from existance. Sucks about Target though I liked the Cloverdale Mall and Stockyards locations.
When Zellers was closing up, they had tons of games on clearance. Was able to pick up Pokemon Diamond and stuff for about $15 each or so if I remember correctly.

when zellers was closing up is the key term. Otherwise they sat on stock. 
Target for the most part sold a lot of their stock but ended up having weird clearance rules (they would do overstock clearance store by store case by case) but whenever target did gaming clearance it was worth it. Also they would have great sales like 20$ off all PS4 or X1 games or 25% off Eshop/PSN cash/xbox cash which no other chains do. 

For a gamer Target was so much better than Walmart is and Zellers was. So I'll miss it.

when zellers was closing up is the key term. Otherwise they sat on stock.
Target for the most part sold a lot of their stock but ended up having weird clearance rules (they would do overstock clearance store by store case by case) but whenever target did gaming clearance it was worth it. Also they would have great sales like 20$ off all PS4 or X1 games or 25% off Eshop/PSN cash/xbox cash which no other chains do.

For a gamer Target was so much better than Walmart is and Zellers was. So I'll miss it.
Their selection on certain games that were on clearance was poor though. Half the time, they didn't even advertise their games that were on clearance.

Most of the time, I only found out about their clearances through the internet.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back