Target: Trade in DS XL get 3DS for 70 bones (Fri and Sat)

[quote name='Blaster man']Where do you go to in Target to do a trade in?[/QUOTE]

I think it is one of the employees at the back door.

[quote name='akir']kills gamestops deal. they're only giving $70 for the XL lmao[/QUOTE]

Except they're also giving $70 for the DSLite, which kills any deal anywhere else.

Plus they don't want your bones.

[quote name='Brother Daz']This so so damn tempting, I dont know if I want to give up the larger screen through. I really like my XL for the screen size.[/QUOTE]

Tempting, but I don't want to give up the XL for this same reason. Add to that the issues about the ~4 battery life (though I don't think I'll ever be away from a wall plug that long, it's just nice insurance to have) that it had at launch and possibly still so...I'll probably wait around some more.

[quote name='xskaxninjax']Except they're also giving $70 for the DSLite, which kills any deal anywhere else.

Plus they don't want your bones.[/QUOTE]

its rumored to be tiered in the gs thread.

I like my XL for the screen, plus it's the Mario edition...but it can get heavy over extended periods. I'm really not sure if I want to trade (up?) or not. There's almost nothing on the 3DS I care about now, but I know there will be as some of the good franchises (Layton, Kirby) get moved to the new system. I think I'll keep waiting and hope for a good deal down the line.

I just did the deal. Got $75 bucks for my DSi (no brainer) and had $100 in gift cards collecting dust. Basically got a free 3DS, plus the R4 card works on it as well =) Take advantage of this, it's an incredible deal and will prepare you for the onslaught of awesome Nintendo titles coming to 3DS soon.

[quote name='Goodfella2487'] plus the R4 card will prepare you for the onslaught of awesome Nintendo titles coming to 3DS soon.[/QUOTE]

dohoho

[quote name='Brother Daz']This so so damn tempting, I dont know if I want to give up the larger screen through. I really like my XL for the screen size.[/QUOTE]

Ive already got my 3DS & I'm keeping my XL for non 3DS games. Even my 30 year old lasik enhanced eyes really like the bigger screen.

[quote name='Blaster man']Where do you go to in Target to do a trade in?[/QUOTE]
Any Target that has a contract phone kiosk

[quote name='ng6584']Any Target that has a contract phone kiosk[/QUOTE]

Is it in electronics? I just can't think of ever seeing one at any target and I've been to a bunch. When I googled it, I went to a site for it and it showed a super target I go to a lot but I just can't think of where the trade in location is.

[quote name='Blaster man']Is it in electronics? I just can't think of ever seeing one at any target and I've been to a bunch. When I googled it, I went to a site for it and it showed a super target I go to a lot but I just can't think of where the trade in location is.[/QUOTE]
Yeah its in the electronics department. Most target stores have them now. should be near the counter or in a nearby aisle.

[quote name='ng6584']Yeah its in the electronics department. Most target stores have them now. should be near the counter or in a nearby aisle.[/QUOTE]

is there a way to see all the trade in values? do they take all games or just electronics?

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']is there a way to see all the trade in values? do they take all games or just electronics?[/QUOTE]

maybe this?
http://target.nextworth.com/search/1/q/dsi/

edit: Actually, when I talked to the guy at Target, I was told a DS Lite is worth $45 and this site is showing $10.

By the way, I jsut called my super target, they take trade ins. My DS Lite has a broken Mic but everything else is perfect...

My DS Lite has a broken microphone. I wonder if they care/test for that? Has anyone done a trade at Target? Do they care/test the mic?

[quote name='joeyshadows']Yes they are. You need a coupon to get it for that price though.it's for power up plus members.[/QUOTE]

Oh ok, I see. I have that coupon so hmm....

FYI for those that care, I called Target and talked to the mobile guy, they don't give a shit if the mic is broken, he said they don't even have a test for it.

Traded my XL in for a black 3DS tonight. Also picked up Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars since it's $17, and I'm a big X-COM fan. Soooo glad I didn't pick up a 3DS at launch. Psyched!

bread's done
Back