Target will have the Wii on Jan 21..

[quote name='botticus']The thing that people forget is that it doesn't make good business sense to be able to produce that many units, even if they could. Let's say right now Nintendo could sell one million units a month. They ramp up production so that they can produce one million units a month. How long do you think that sales rate is going to last? Two more months? 6 more months? What happens when demand slows for the following 3 years of the product's lifecycle? They have 50% of their production capacity/facilities gathering dust.
[/QUOTE]

This is a fair point, but could be remedied by outsourcing production to third party companies on a month to month basis. Then they have more control over supply and can keep it more inline with demand.

Hell, they may already outsource it for all I know.

Just to recap for those tuning in to get Wii location information... It has pretty much been confirmed that Wii's will be available at Best Buy and Target next Sunday (will be in the ad). Also I found this to be interesting... In another forum it was posted that you can go to Target, find one of those scanner devices, type in item #207250001 (confirmed per my receipt this is the item number for a Wii console), and it will tell you how many are in stock if your store is already stockpiling. Might be very useful to go into your local stores on Saturday night and get quantities so you know where you need to be in line on Sunday morning to get one...

And now back to your regularly scheduled Wii shortage debate....

One quick thing I would like to throw in about the "anyone who wanted a Wii at launch should have camped. If they didn't then they're just too lazy". That argument is just plain stupid. The demand STILL outweighs the supply as evident by the quick sellouts and prices on ebay (still about $75 profit being made on each console sold).

Let's just say every single person that wanted a Wii had nothing else going on in their lives and had the time to camp. The national average of units available at each store was in the neighborhood of 40 per store (stores in my area averaged about 20). There's no way that would've been enough units for EVERYONE that wanted a launch console to get one...

[quote name='Chitown021']One quick thing I would like to throw in about the "anyone who wanted a Wii at launch should have camped. If they didn't then they're just too lazy". That argument is just plain stupid. The demand STILL outweighs the supply as evident by the quick sellouts and prices on ebay (still about $75 profit being made on each console sold).

Let's just say every single person that wanted a Wii had nothing else going on in their lives and had the time to camp. The national average of units available at each store was in the neighborhood of 40 per store (stores in my area averaged about 20). There's no way that would've been enough units for EVERYONE that wanted a launch console to get one...[/QUOTE]

Forum-posters ignore the fact that they represent an extremely small portion of the population. We're fortunate enough to have a network that provides us with Sunday ads two weeks in advance, information from retail employees nationwide, etc--we have resources available here that not everyone knows about.
If the "general public" had the same knowledge that we've been given, just imagine how difficult it would have been. I promise you, a lot of these people crying "lazy" would be on the opposite end of this bitch-and-moan coin.

I, unlike many others here, actually pre-order hot games/consoles. I 'buy into' the pre-order hype...but thats why I had a launch day Wii.

[quote name='Chitown021']Is Itrackr showing the systems in stock at that store? Just curious because I would assume all of the stores will be ramping up for the 21st and so far the stores in my area aren't showing anything.[/QUOTE]
iTrackr hasn't shown it as in-stock, but I think it's because when they're delivered to the store, whoever keeps them locked up doesn't input it into the system. The consoles may be in the store, but according to the store inventory they're not there. I'm not sure why they would do this, but that's what I think.

[quote name='defiance_17']It could just as easily be marketing strategy as it could be hardware shortages[/QUOTE]

nesboxZelda%202.jpg

It's been done before...

[quote name='mykevermin']
nesboxZelda%202.jpg

It's been done before...[/quote]

Oh yeah I forgot about that... When I was a kid I was dying to play Zelda II. I remember they had it in one of their strategy guides months before it was released and kept saying some BS like they didn't have enough batteries to complete the cartridges and get them out.

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']iTrackr hasn't shown it as in-stock, but I think it's because when they're delivered to the store, whoever keeps them locked up doesn't input it into the system. The consoles may be in the store, but according to the store inventory they're not there. I'm not sure why they would do this, but that's what I think.[/quote]

The more I think about it the more I bet you're right... When I got my Wii on 1/4/07 I remember overhearing management telling the electronics dept that people were somehow using a website to track inventory and that they 5 Wii's they had left after mine would not last long. Knowing this they probably figure it would be a good idea not to scan those in until the night before so they don't get mobbed all week by Itrackr people.

[quote name='gizmogc']I, unlike many others here, actually pre-order hot games/consoles. I 'buy into' the pre-order hype...but thats why I had a launch day Wii.[/quote]

I tried my ass off to pre-order both a PS3 and Wii for 7 months leading to launch. The only stores I know that did preorders in my area were TRU and GS. I bugged (4) Gamestops on a weekly basis. They put my name down on a list (#1 at 3 stores) and said when they get the SKU they will call me to put my money down. Long story short they never called and every week would tell me stuff like"Sony and Nintendo won't tell us how many units we're going to get so we're probably just going to have them first come first serve". I also put my name down on a list at (2) Game Rush stores as well.

I didn't hear about the TRU preorder until it was too late, Game Rush threw out the lists and didn't get any launch units, and Gamestop with no advanced notice decided to just open up pre-ordering to the general public one morning. They should've given the people like myself that were on the list first crack. I knew what the launch conditions were going to be like and that I wouldn't have much time to camp or hunt for them.

[quote name='gizmogc']I, unlike many others here, actually pre-order hot games/consoles. I 'buy into' the pre-order hype...but thats why I had a launch day Wii.[/QUOTE]

But of course it's gotten to the point with hardware where you still have to camp/wait to place the preorder, so it's a bit of a moot point. Though that is how I got mine at launch as well.

When Target gets Wii's in stock, they WILL be in the system. I've said this in another thread and it's been mentioned a few posts up as well. But once again..

Have a cashier do a Merchandise Locate for 207250001 and they will see the number of systems. From there, they can select to search other stores, and it'll list how many the other Targets in the state have as well.

[quote name='Chitown021']I tried my ass off to pre-order both a PS3 and Wii for 7 months leading to launch. The only stores I know that did preorders in my area were TRU and GS. I bugged (4) Gamestops on a weekly basis. They put my name down on a list (#1 at 3 stores) and said when they get the SKU they will call me to put my money down. Long story short they never called and every week would tell me stuff like"Sony and Nintendo won't tell us how many units we're going to get so we're probably just going to have them first come first serve". I also put my name down on a list at (2) Game Rush stores as well.

I didn't hear about the TRU preorder until it was too late, Game Rush threw out the lists and didn't get any launch units, and Gamestop with no advanced notice decided to just open up pre-ordering to the general public one morning. They should've given the people like myself that were on the list first crack. I knew what the launch conditions were going to be like and that I wouldn't have much time to camp or hunt for them.[/QUOTE]

While I completely agree about the pre-order argument being ignorant, at best, GameStop/EB did send out e-mails with almost a day's notice regarding Wii preorders. The problem is, you had to be standing in line before the damned thing hit your inbox to even have a shot (yeah, there are exceptions, we know).

[quote name='defiance_17']While I completely agree about the pre-order argument being ignorant, at best, GameStop/EB did send out e-mails with almost a day's notice regarding Wii preorders. The problem is, you had to be standing in line before the damned thing hit your inbox to even have a shot (yeah, there are exceptions, we know).[/quote]

I never got the preorder e-mail (and I was registered with te GS site because I would and still get those weekly updates). As a matter of fact if I remember correctly preorders started (and ended) on Oct 10th 2006. The day before I was off work ( I remember because it was Columbus day and my bank was closed) and I went out to exchange a Bears hat that my friend had bought me for my birthday (needed a smaller size). I went to the Lidz store and when I was done I went across the street to the Gamestop.

I walk in and ask my usual question (as usual got a smartass answer b/c most of the GS employees at my stores are real pricks). I asked the store manager if there was anymore information about the Wii's or PS3's. He looks at me and says "Um like what?" So I asked if they were going to do reserves. He said at that point probably not since they still couldn't get solid launch numbers from Nintendo or Sony and launch was only a month away. He then said "Well you can go ahead and preorder games if you want" and hands me the binder with all of the titles. I ask him "why would I want to preorder games if I can't get the console?"

The next day I'm back at work and that night I read an article on the internet about how Gamestop sold out of preorders in a matter of minutes. I was fuck ing pissed! I learned my lesson after the PSP and 360 launch and did everything I could to be ahead of the game this time. After that it took me until the first week of Dec to snag a PS3 and I just got my Wii on Jan 4th following several failed pre-Christmas Sunday ad lineups at various retailers.

Nintendo could be sitting on another four million for all anyone knows, and for all they care. Holding out isn't going to hurt them--if anything, it's stirring up even more hype.

Now we know what's really in Area 51, and I wholeheartedly agree.

[quote name='Chitown021']I never got the preorder e-mail (and I was registered with te GS site because I would and still get those weekly updates). As a matter of fact if I remember correctly preorders started (and ended) on Oct 10th 2006. The day before I was off work ( I remember because it was Columbus day and my bank was closed) and I went out to exchange a Bears hat that my friend had bought me for my birthday (needed a smaller size). I went to the Lidz store and when I was done I went across the street to the Gamestop.

I walk in and ask my usual question (as usual got a smartass answer b/c most of the GS employees at my stores are real pricks). I asked the store manager if there was anymore information about the Wii's or PS3's. He looks at me and says "Um like what?" So I asked if they were going to do reserves. He said at that point probably not since they still couldn't get solid launch numbers from Nintendo or Sony and launch was only a month away. He then said "Well you can go ahead and preorder games if you want" and hands me the binder with all of the titles. I ask him "why would I want to preorder games if I can't get the console?"

The next day I'm back at work and that night I read an article on the internet about how Gamestop sold out of preorders in a matter of minutes. I was fuck ing pissed! I learned my lesson after the PSP and 360 launch and did everything I could to be ahead of the game this time. After that it took me until the first week of Dec to snag a PS3 and I just got my Wii on Jan 4th following several failed pre-Christmas Sunday ad lineups at various retailers.[/QUOTE]
But they didn't do Wii preorders the same day as PS3 preorders. The PS3 preorders were "unannounced," at least in the U.S., but there was an e-mail sent out the day before regarding Wii preorders, as well as PS3 preorders in Canada. Surely someone else can confirm this. Whether or not you received the e-mail is a different story, and as I said before, wouldn't have made much of a difference.

[quote name='defiance_17']But they didn't do Wii preorders the same day as PS3 preorders. The PS3 preorders were "unannounced," at least in the U.S., but there was an e-mail sent out the day before regarding Wii preorders, as well as PS3 preorders in Canada. Surely someone else can confirm this. Whether or not you received the e-mail is a different story, and as I said before, wouldn't have made much of a difference.[/QUOTE]

I did not get the email either. But fortunately I visit CAG quite frequently ;).

What I don't like about the line-sitting, gizmo, is that you could go out there at 3am, or 11pm, or whatever, and not really know how many people are there (because half are sitting in their cars staying warm, getting food, or whatever). Then, on top of that, you have no idea how many the store will have. If I knew I could be GUARANTEED a system by going at a certain time I might consider doing it. But since you could very well end up wasting all that time (and I absolutely abhor getting up early ;)) and still go home empty-handed, I can see where people get frustrated with that system.

Personally, if I were emperor of the Universe, I would string up any store management responsible for selling things like this at store opening unless they clearly advertized EXACTLY how many they were going to sell and had someone monitor the line and hand out numbers (whether they required people to stay or not I don't care - I'd just want to know where I stand in regards to getting a system before committing all that time). Otherwise it should be a lottery system or they should just be sold when they come in.

It is not a matter of not being willing to wait several hours, it is a matter of not wanting to waste that much time to deal with disorder and confusion and end up, ultimately, empty-handed. From many of the stories I've read here, it often seems like the big-box stores are fairly contemptuous of the line sitters and provide as little info as possible to the people waiting outside. At best, you are going to get the "minimum 20 per store" schtick that Best Buy often claims. With that kind of info you can be fairly sure where you stand, but you still wouldn't know for sure till you got your hands on one. As far as I know, CC and Target don't even do that, though.

What is amazing to me is how the general public found out about that one big Sunday sale in mid-Dec - the one where TRU, Target, and CC (and maybe Best Buy too) ALL had systems available in the morning. I only knew about it because of CAG. If I was a regular consumer, I wouldn't assume that a picture of the Wii in a Sunday ad meant they would have 40 of them that morning (as far as I know that weekend no one was speficially advertizing a minimum number available). I still can't figure out how everyone knew.

[quote name='io']I did not get the email either. But fortunately I visit CAG quite frequently ;).

What I don't like about the line-sitting, gizmo, is that you could go out there at 3am, or 11pm, or whatever, and not really know how many people are there (because half are sitting in their cars staying warm, getting food, or whatever). Then, on top of that, you have no idea how many the store will have. If I knew I could be GUARANTEED a system by going at a certain time I might consider doing it. But since you could very well end up wasting all that time (and I absolutely abhor getting up early ;)) and still go home empty-handed, I can see where people get frustrated with that system.
[/QUOTE]

For me, and alot of other people, we called up the stores we were going to. It was pretty clear about which stores were doing a midnite launch, and who weren't. I called my local TRU, which happened to be one of the few in the country to do a midnite launch and they were very clear to me. "We'll have 100 extra for midnite, and 100 extra for when we open tomorrow." So it was people who pre-ordered +100 at midnite, then another 100 when they re-opened the next morning.

So knowing this info, I go there and I see that there AREN'T 100 people in front of me..I stay. I got my Wii.

I know not everyone would be fortunate to have a store that knew what they were getting, but still. I don't quite think people are lazy, but if you missed out on the couple of chances.. it just may be bad luck or you didn't really put as much time into as you want.

In the end, I think it really determines how bad you want it. If you want it BAD, then sitting in line for some hours really IS worth it. I was extremely determined to get my Wii because I had a very big feeling that it was going to turn out the way it has (hard to find).. so I made sure I called many places to find out what was good for me..made sure I had nothing to do Saturday the 18th..packed some food, got a friend and called it a day lol

^^^^ Note that I wasn't talking about launch night at all. I was talking about the weekend in Dec when all those stores sold them at the same time on a Sunday (this was 4-5 weeks after launch). While on launch night you could be sure they at least had the consoles (though still how many was a mystery most places), this random Sunday when they all sold them was something most people wouldn't know about - and yet the things were sold out well before opening at all the stores near me, anyway.

And besides - anyone whose store has EVER had 100 at any time (let alone 100 at midnight AND 100 when they opened - are you kidding me?) has no right to criticise anyone else who can't find one. That is just ungodly. No stores around here have ever had more than 30-40 at one sale. I got mine via an EB preorder. But if I hadn't, yet had a TRU with such ample supplied on the launch night, you betcha that I would have done exactly as you did. However, you must realize that that situation was VERY limited - only a few key locations did that ;).

But STILL, what I detest about these sorts of things is that unless you are really near the beginning of the line, who's to say you aren't going to have 20-30 people show up with people in the front and say they had places saved, or they were getting food, or they were waiting in their cars to stay warm, or whatever? I know some amount of mob justice will keep people from doing this too much, but I know from experience (not on this launch, or even on consoles, but on other things I used to wait in line for) that many people can slip into lines (whether they were there for real or not) and thus any counts you make can't always be 100% accurate. So, even if you know exactly how many they have (and that is rare) you need to be early enough to pad the count by some percentage to be sure your wait will even result in anything. Given all that, then it might be worth waiting for. My issue is that it would be fine if I KNEW I could wait 5 or 10 hours or whatever - what keeps me from doing anything like this ever again is the chance (however big or small) that all that waiting could be for nothing. It would be nice if at least SOME retailers did a lottery at a specific time. Everyone shows up at 10am, there's a quick lottery, people who don't win can be out of there in 1/2 hour. I find it strange that no stores seem to do this. It would cut down on loitering/liability issues as well as make everything easier on the employees not to mention reduce stress in all involved.

Anyone have any idea on the average number of consoles stores will have? I was told at work that as of Saturday there were 26 cases (52 consoles, I think) at the store, and I'm assuming more shipments will come in for the 21st. Any chance of cracking the 100-console mark?

I would not have a problem with a store doing a lottery if they informed everyone the day before that's how it would be handled. I would be pissed if I camped overnight, was first in line, and I don't get one because some guy's name is drawn that got there an hour before opening.

In my waits I spoke with one guy that said a Sears store he camped at did that because they only got 2 units.

[quote name='JohnnyDrama']Anyone have any idea on the average number of consoles stores will have? I was told at work that as of Saturday there were 26 cases (52 consoles, I think) at the store, and I'm assuming more shipments will come in for the 21st. Any chance of cracking the 100-console mark?[/quote]

Wow that's a lot. From my experience so far non of my local stores have had more than 25 consoles at a time. Of course it all greatly varies by region. Here in Kansas City we don't usually get very many (when I got mine on the 4th two Targets near me got 6 a piece).

About time, my target hasnt had any for 2.5 weeks, had 12 then. I havent seen any notice of holding them, Ill check inventory daily, see when we get some.

Does anyone know when they are going to putting up the ad? or are they going to be puttting it in next sunday's paper? I just want to make sure this is legit before I end up staying outside the store all night.

[quote name='KHs_Sora']Does anyone know when they are going to putting up the ad? or are they going to be puttting it in next sunday's paper? I just want to make sure this is legit before I end up staying outside the store all night.[/QUOTE]

It's in the ad for next Sunday's paper, as confirmed by Speedy's Target ad post for this week.

[quote name='KHs_Sora']They can't arrest a person for waiting at the store can they? For loitering?[/QUOTE]

Depends on what you're doing and how much clothes you have on. Also how many weapons you have.

[quote name='Chitown021']I would not have a problem with a store doing a lottery if they informed everyone the day before that's how it would be handled. I would be pissed if I camped overnight, was first in line, and I don't get one because some guy's name is drawn that got there an hour before opening.

In my waits I spoke with one guy that said a Sears store he camped at did that because they only got 2 units.[/QUOTE]

Well, yes, the prerequisite for the lottery idea would be a sign in store the day before and posted on the doors after close stating exactly when and how the lottery would be carried out. If they sprung it on campers in the AM then that would be by far the worst thing they could do (short of just deciding not to sell them that day ;)).

In general Loitering is at most a fine, and police generally just ask people to move on before taking them in.

But yes, you could be arrested for loitering. But for that to happen you'd have to ignore the store employees who tell you to leave (assuming they aren't allowing a line at that time) and also ignore the cops who show up after you refuse to leave when asked for that to happen. Of course assuming all you're doing is waiting and not breaking any other laws. :D

[quote name='Chitown021']In my waits I spoke with one guy that said a Sears store he camped at did that because they only got 2 units.[/QUOTE]

Totally true. All Sears stores (regular and Grand) around here only got 2 a piece and don't appear to have been replenished except maybe once since then. K-Marts were about the same. The Super K got 6, all of the Big K's got 2.

Kinda tells you something about those once mighty retail giants, doesn't it?

[quote name='Scobie']Totally true. All Sears stores (regular and Grand) around here only got 2 a piece and don't appear to have been replenished except maybe once since then. K-Marts were about the same. The Super K got 6, all of the Big K's got 2.

Kinda tells you something about those once mighty retail giants, doesn't it?[/quote]

Yeah that guy I spoke with decided to wait there because he was hoping it was more "off the radar" for the Wii launch. The K-Mart closest to me had a sign up saying that due to extremely limited supply they would not have any Wii's for launch.

wow kmarts still around lol??? I dunno why but i want wii too, seems like there isnt much to play but i just want the damn thing cuz i dont have it lol.. this happened with my 360 lastyear befor christmas and ps3 this year now i want wii lol good luck if u been waiting for wii for long time!

Sorry to bump up the topic but figured I might as well and try to get some last minute info. I stopped by today and looked up the DCPI number or whatever it's called through the keypad on the price scanner but it just noted a "No." next to something like "Available in Stock Room?", no solid numbers. The ad doesn't specifically mention a minimum number on consoles on hand either so I'm a little worried. Any Target employees have any new insight? Thanks.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Sorry to bump up the topic but figured I might as well and try to get some last minute info. I stopped by today and looked up the DCPI number or whatever it's called through the keypad on the price scanner but it just noted a "No." next to something like "Available in Stock Room?", no solid numbers. The ad doesn't specifically mention a minimum number on consoles on hand either so I'm a little worried. Any Target employees have any new insight? Thanks.[/quote]

I don't work for Target, but not all Targets will get them. The weekly ad is now posted at target.com; enter your zip code. If you don't see the Wii console itself in your ad then it appears that the Target in your area won't have it. My local Target's ad doesn't have a Wii featured. *sigh*

[quote name='gizmogc']GO NOW!

1+ Week in advance notice. If you want a Wii...this is YOUR chance. If you piss and moan later...to damn bad.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I wish there were web cams at Target/CC/Best Buy/wherever. I'd like to know if there are lines at this very moment (1am Pacific).

I have been to my target twice tonight, once at 12 and I just got back from a 3am run. No one is out yet, course its cold as hell and snowing here. Im off again in an hour to stay and get one.

I also tried to do the scanner and # thing to see how many units but it said none in stock room. Itracker says they have them in stock and the employees confirmed it to. That scanner trick does not seem to be working.
Good luck guys

I drove by the iowa city target about 4, not one person in line or car in the parking lot (drove by as i was getting off of work). Im up in cedar rapids now and Im going to check to see if anyone is in line here. If not im probably going to go to Ihop and get some coffee and some pancakes and wait until I see people pulling into the parking lot. I think the snow storm here and the cold are keeping people inside, which is great. The last thing I wanted to do was actually sit for 8 hours for one of these when they should be available everywhere in a month or so. I hope to see a lot of CAG posts about scoring a Wii, I know a lot of people on here have been looking for one for quite a while.

My Target guy said they were expecting 50-60(one of five thats pretty close to me). Im in Denver so its a bigish city. If he was honest many CAGs will get their Wii's.

Hell the way its looking ATM you could waltz in at 8am and get one no problem.

I outta here to go wait. God I love getting a new console.

i just got home from a show/party [ concert ] and passed by my local circuit city to see if there was a line yet. there were 2 cars in the parking lot and CC doesn't open till 10 [ about 5 hours from now ].

i don't think i want to wait that long... my plan is to take a nap and head there like a hour before it opens, but that's a 9 and i'm sure there will be waaaay more people there. i want to get a Wii from CC cause i have a legit $40 off 199 coupon, but if i miss out there there's a possibility that the other major stores [ Target/BB ] might be out by then. {=[

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']i just got home from a show/party [ concert ] and passed by my local circuit city to see if there was a line yet. there were 2 cars in the parking lot and CC doesn't open till 10 [ about 5 hours from now ].

i don't think i want to wait that long... my plan is to take a nap and head there like a hour before it opens, but that's a 9 and i'm sure there will be waaaay more people there. i want to get a Wii from CC cause i have a legit $40 off 199 coupon, but if i miss out there there's a possibility that the other major stores [ Target/BB ] might be out by then. {=[[/quote]
FYI, it looks like the Allconnect Circuit City ad hit digg, so it has become YMMV: http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/genericContent.do?oid=160141%

Just got back from the Cupertino, CA Target. I got there at 6:30 AM, I thought about 50 people were ahead of me... handed out tickets at 7:30 AM, I was #72, they had 70 :cry:

Yay, success!

I snagged one @ Target this morning..showed up about 5 minutes before they opened and got one of the last ones. They probably had about 40 or so to start with and were all gone within 15 minutes. They had given people that were waiting tickets from the looks of it, as it is snowing and cold in my area.

Also got Zelda and Super Monkey Ball to go along with my purchase..I will be trying them out momentarily.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']Just got back from the Cupertino, CA Target. I got there at 6:30 AM, I thought about 50 people were ahead of me... handed out tickets at 7:30 AM, I was #72, they had 70 :cry:[/QUOTE]

Next time you'll know to go earlier now!

With these and other early reports rolling in, it looks as though today's big shipment has been devoured. I wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at 150k moved today alone. This is big.

[quote name='Scobie']With these and other early reports rolling in, it looks as though today's big shipment has been devoured. I wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at 150k moved today alone. This is HUGE.[/quote]

70 Wii's gone during the handing out of tickets process? That's impressive.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Sorry to bump up the topic but figured I might as well and try to get some last minute info. I stopped by today and looked up the DCPI number or whatever it's called through the keypad on the price scanner but it just noted a "No." next to something like "Available in Stock Room?", no solid numbers. The ad doesn't specifically mention a minimum number on consoles on hand either so I'm a little worried. Any Target employees have any new insight? Thanks.[/QUOTE]
This won't help you too much this time, but at my Target we keep Wiis that we hold in the security office. The price scanner (and any employee doing a backroom location check) will only say it's available in the back room if they are actually located in the back room. It's possible to do an inventory check that will simply tell us how many of an item are in the store, but many employees won't know how or won't be willing to do that, because it's generally a waste of time (for most items, it may say we have something, but if it won't tell us where, it's as good as lost). Also, with a Wii, telling someone "We have them but we're not selling them until Sunday" is asking for trouble. It's much easier and understandable to the guest to say we don't have them.

bread's done
Back