Target will have Wii systems on Sunday, Dec 3rd.

Dezuria

CAGiversary!
This may have been mentioned in other threads but I wanted to make sure everyone knows. :)

Targets have restocked on Wii systems and accessories. I saw Remotes, Nunchucks and Classic Controllers all fully restocked.

The systems will go on sale Sunday morning. They're doing tickets just like launch day. There will not be quite as many as launch day, but the amounts are still decent.

I'll second this; my local Target has 25 in the back for Sunday.

Luckily, they are located in the same mall I work at, and I have to work that morning. Hmm, how early should I show up...

I'm planning on getting to Target before it opens Sunday to hopefully get a Wii, but I want to make sure I know how the aforementioned ticket system works: you form a line at the front doors before the store opens, and just before the store opens an employee hands out reserve tickets guaranteeing you a Wii if you have a ticket?

Yes, an hour or so before the store opens, they'll hand out tickets equal to the amount of Wiis they carry. They'll pass them out to the people in line. Once you get a ticket, you are able to go in the store and pick up a Wii.

At my Target at the launch day, they went by groups. They'd give out 10 tickets, and several minutes later, they'll pass out another batch of tickets, wait, repeat, until they run out.

At my Target on launch day, they passed out all the tickets an hour before opening and let people leave the line to eat (McDonalds in the plaza). they took everyone into the store, made them reform the line, and took two at a time to choose games and pay.

No worries about running or trampling.

[quote name='crazytalkx']Target or Circuit City? AHHH what to do.[/QUOTE]

I'm debating exactly the same thing my friend. My CC says 15-132 on the wiiseeker site. But when I call no one picks up. Target says 15-60, but when I call they say they don't know. Luckily I'll be at a party tonight until 3AM, that means I just have to wait 4 hours in line afterwards to get a ticket :). Just need to decide where!!!

edit: Just as an update, Best Buy says minimum 12. No idea how many they had on last weeks restock, I was in MI that weekend visiting family. It would be awesome to buy there, I could get double reward points :)

im dealing with the target and CC debate as well. I visited CC earlier and a sign says that 26 wiis are gonna be available. So if i strike out at target I'm probably screwed out of a wii at CC.

Called BB earlier and they told me if its not in the ad they won't sell it

I went to Target in Trussville, AL tonight and they will have 25 Wiis tomorrow morning and will pass out tickets at 7:00 (they open at 8:00). If I don't get one there I will drive to CC which doesn't open until 10:00.

For those of you looking for accessories, as the OP said they restocked on those too. My Target got a bunch more gloves, carrying cases, and even some Wiimotes which I have been for since launch day. No Nunchuk however :'[

[quote name='halohand']If I don't get one there I will drive to CC which doesn't open until 10:00.[/QUOTE]

Oh crap you're right! Thanks for pointing that out, I'll be stationed at Target first then migrate to Circuit City if Target fails me.

[quote name='{stereo}']What do you think is the best time to show up at Target?[/QUOTE]

That's what I want to know, I really want one, but I don't want to spend hours standing in line for one. I'm willing to show up an hour...two tops before the store opens...will that be early enough, or should i not even waste my gas/time going there tomorrow?

is this for all targets in the u.s? because I called my local target and they said they aren't sure if they are getting them tomorrow but they normally get shipments on sundays.

I got my Wii from Target on launch day, arrived a few minutes before 5am and was #34 in line. They handed out the tickets at 7, opened at 8. People arriving as late as 6:45 were able to get a ticket, although there were 60 systems available that day.

I just got off the phone with TRU in Greensburg, PA, and they told me they will have systems at 9AM Sun (tomorrow) morning and that they will do tickets if the line is long. Looks like another option in addition to BB, CC and Target. Good Luck!

[quote name='Vtec_Inspired']is this for all targets in the u.s? because I called my local target and they said they aren't sure if they are getting them tomorrow but they normally get shipments on sundays.[/QUOTE]
That's what i heard as well. When I worked at Target I know we never did replentishment from truck on saturday night(too many call offs), I wonder if they have some in the back held, or if they just won't have any. Hard to say if you were speaking to someone uninformed, or if they don't have any.

I just called my local Target store and they informed me that they don't know what the hell comes on the truck tonight so I should call in tomorrow morning. Think I might just go an hour and a half before opening. Not like i have a lot to do on Sundays....except not go to church.

they told me the same thing , that they aren't sure whats coming on the truck but I'll call as soon as they open with cash in hand

Hm. From what I'm hearing here it doesn't seem like people are gonna be heading out very early. I'm not sure if the Target here in Niles Ohio is getting them in the am, but I did swing by there this afternoon around 6PM to see no one lined up yet. That's a relief. I might head out at midnight to see what the situation's like, but hopefully I won't need to be outside that long, it's damn cold here tonight.

[quote name='Stinkfinger']Hm. From what I'm hearing here it doesn't seem like people are gonna be heading out very early. I'm not sure if the Target here in Niles Ohio is getting them in the am, but I did swing by there this afternoon around 6PM to see no one lined up yet. That's a relief. I might head out at midnight to see what the situation's like, but hopefully I won't need to be outside that long, it's damn cold here tonight.[/QUOTE]
Hey, no crap, that's where I was headed too(niles). Store manager was not helpful at all for target, no info "we don't do a truck till sunday night." Bitch. I'm going to hit up the ToysRus, saying they are getting around 36ish or so. So Maybe I'll see you there? I'm shooting for like 6:30 AM, Im not hard core enough to get there any earlier.

[quote name='superstevedogg']Hey, no crap, that's where I was headed too(niles). Store manager was not helpful at all for target, no info.[/quote]

My fiance and I have found this to be true at all the local stores. Although the guy at the EB Games told her on Tuesday to stop back on Friday around 2ish and they might have some. She stopped in around 1:30 and he told her they had three of them but they were already sold. That didn't make her too happy.

Most people at Target won't know about the Wii's because they're typically held in the Asset Protection office until it's time to sell them (sunday).

All Targets should have them for sale sunday because it's in the ad, which is why they're being held 'til sunday to begin with. :)

There won't be as many Wii's this time though. For example, a store that had 40 Wii's will have about 30 instead. My store that had 60 will have 40 this time.

Try to gauge it off of launch day.

If you know 100 people lined up for 30 systems on launch day, go early.

If 3 people were able to walk into a store and buy it at 9AM on launch day... don't go early.

I'm heading over there at 6 tomorrow morning. Asked someone in elecronics tonight and they claimed it'll just be first come first serve, at least for my store.

i was at a nearby target at about 8pm tonight... there was a line of campers already waiting outside. about 6 people total. a target-made sign said they would have wii systems in stock tomorrow morning. i asked the electronics clerk inside and he said they would only have 9 systems available, and tickets would be passed out to the line about an hour before opening. they had no more accessories, and the clerk said they would not have any more tomorrow. the case of games was fully stocked though, with tons of copies of pretty much all the games out now.

I talked to the store manager and also someone and electronics and they dont know whats coming in the truck so hopefully no one will wait for it where I live and I can get one.

I'm goin in a few hours to Target. It's almost 4 right now. I don't want to wait out in the cold weather. I think around 6 I'll go and see if there's a a line, question the people. If it's not lookin good I'll head over to Circuit City and wait for them to open. I think it's a good plan. I hope I get one.

I passed by my Target at 1:22AM PST and nobody was in line yet. Which made me relieved....and suspicious.

[quote name='Dezuria']This may have been mentioned in other threads but I wanted to make sure everyone knows. :)

Targets have restocked on Wii systems and accessories. I saw Remotes, Nunchucks and Classic Controllers all fully restocked.

The systems will go on sale Sunday morning. They're doing tickets just like launch day. There will not be quite as many as launch day, but the amounts are still decent.[/QUOTE]

Confirmed that they will also have some PS3 in stock also.

Got to Target in Frederick MD at 7:30 and was 6th in line. At around 7:50, an employee came out to let another employee in and told us that if we are here for the wii there arent any. When asked why it was in the weekly ad she claimed it was a 'misprint'. When asked if they would do rainchecks she locked the door. Target sucks.

I got my Wii at target! They had 37. All of them were spoken for around 5AM. They were pretty nice and let us in shortly after 7 when they gave out the tickets.

Got my Wii from Fairlakes (Fairfax), VA today. Went in line at 5:40AM and I was 29/57. Toys R Us next door only had 40.

The last unit (#57 )was spoken for at 6:40am

Holy crap I can't believe they are still selling out shipments this fast. Hopefully this will continue for the foreseeable future.

Got mine in Lexington Kentucky, they had 31 and I was number 25 in line and all 31 spots were taken by 5:15, I got there at 5:05. I cut it too close. THey started lining up at 1am.

Just got back from Target, in San Jose, CA.

I arrived at 6:00 AM, around the time the 1st group of people arrived. There were only about 4-5 of them. A few more people came in, just around 3 or so. 5 minutes later, 2 Target employees came by and gave us tickets. We left, with the employees telling us to get back by 7:30.

I stood in line for less than 10 minutes.

Btw, there were 42 Wiis.

Just got back from my local target in Killeen, Tx and I got there 5 mins after opening and I still got a ticket and they had plenty of them left, they had a total of 58. it felt good that I didn't have to wait in 30 degree weather for one. Someone in front of me was talking about how he called yesterday and they said they were getting them and I was pissed a little because I talked to the store manager and someone in electronics and they both said they aren't sure. But at least I got one now

No luck here. I went to sterling target at 8am, and they were barren. They only got in 12 wii's. Everywhere else had a line that took up remaining stock. Sham. Oh, best buy didn't get any.

bread's done
Back