Tater TOTT salad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleepkyng

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
238847273_312b91955f.jpg

it's come to my attention that "tater" is spelled with two t's as opposed to three. that is all.

[quote name='lordwow']Oh come on, we had gold going into the end of that one.[/quote]

wait, ferreals, you're hating on tatter tots?

thingwang, that be a chutney!

Zew:

[quote name='zewone']People actually pay for that? Why? I just don't want to have to go to my BIOS all the time.

Yesterday, after I first installed the CPU, it was getting pretty hot at stock, around 62 degrees C.

I upped it last night to 2.33GHZ and was hitting 67, so I dropped it back to 1.86GHZ and was getting 62 again.

This morning, it was at 49 at stock, so I upped it back to 2.33, now, I'm trying to check what they are.

I think it may be because the Arctic Silver needs to "burn in"? I'm not sure.[/quote]

well the full Everest program is pretty amazing actually and has a lot more info to it.

wait - you're hitting 67 idle!? that's fuckin hot, mang!

what's your vcore?

arctic silver should be doin fine as it - if you're using the bios thermometer, it can be unreliable.

this is a good resource

www.overclockers.net

[quote name='manthing']K, cause 'chipotle' aint a dressing ninja!![/quote]

honest slip of the typo, my well endowed friend, slip of the typo.

[quote name='zewone']Ahahahaha @ you wanting the whitest names up ins.[/QUOTE]
I have black friends named Tim and Kyle, no joke. I dunno why, I just really like the name Kyle. I wouldn't mind having the name Zach either.

Or maybe, I could have the same name a bunch of OTT members have such as John/Jonathan or Rob. :p

[quote name='Sleepkyng']Zew:

well the full Everest program is pretty amazing actually and has a lot more info to it.

wait - you're hitting 67 idle!? that's fuckin hot, mang!

what's your vcore?

arctic silver should be doin fine as it - if you're using the bios thermometer, it can be unreliable.

this is a good resource

www.overclockers.net[/quote]

The BIOS temperature reading is unreliable? The BIOS reads the damn sensor that is placed underneath the CPU. The programs that display the temperature in the OS get the reading from the same source!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I have black friends named Tim and Kyle, no joke. I dunno why, I just really like the name Kyle. I wouldn't mind having the name Zach either.

Or maybe, I could have the same name a bunch of OTT members have such as John/Jonathan or Rob. :p[/quote]

There are Jonathan's up ins?
THat one doesn't sound familiar...

[quote name='Dkellar']The BIOS temperature reading is unreliable? The BIOS reads the damn sensor that is placed underneath the CPU. The programs that display the temperature in the OS get the reading from the same source![/quote]

depending on your mobo, i've heard of funky readings - especially comparing ambient temps with the actual cpus

i just use everest to be safe

anyways zew here are some target Vcore settings for your cpu

3.2-Idle pre prime95’s – 400fsb 1.3625v vCore:
idletemp400.gif

3.2-Full Load after 30min Dual Prime95’s-1.3625 vCore:
30minprime400.gif

3.3-Full Load after 30min Dual Prime95’s-1.4vcore:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/200 [...] ime412.gif

3.4-Full Load after 30min Dual Prime95’s-1.4625 vCore:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/200 [...] ime425.gif

[quote name='corrosivefrost']There are Jonathan's up ins?
THat one doesn't sound familiar...[/QUOTE]I know someone with that name here. I will not say who, but I found it out. I even know terribledeli's name for an example due to a certain site giving me names of CAG Warhawk players.

I went into the BIOS, it read 69C, so I dropped it back to stock speed, and I'm at 65C, I'm gettin' the same temp reading from the Motherboard Monitor program. It says my case temp is 40C, is that high?

I'm not sure why my shit is so hot, I need to go buy a shit load of fans or something.

I dunno, that is really fucking hot - what is the temp in your room?

are you using the stock cooling unit?

what sort of case do you have?

it could be that you applied the Artic Silver wrong, but i doubt it. did you apply the thin line horizontally (it's a quad core, right?)?

Nah, mang. Dual Core only.

I put two, little rice grain sized drops and spread it out evenly. I put one rice size drop on the HSF, spread evenly.

I'm not sure if it's too much.

Mox, this case doesn't have any fans, I've never had to use them in the past.

Maybe my shit's been runnin' this hot for awhile and I never even knew.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I know someone with that name here. I will not say who, but I found it out. I even know terribledeli's name for an example due to a certain site giving me names of CAG Warhawk players.[/quote]

How did you find my name?!?!?

:bomb::bomb::bomb:

I am going to pick up some fans, because I do want to overclock. I still don't think it should be running this hot.

My room is about 73F.

[quote name='Moxio']The Mana Knight you enjoying FFTA2?[/QUOTE]I haven't bought it yet, but it's the game I want most right now. I'm just waiting for a package to arrive to a CAG, and want to assure everything is fine.

[quote name='manthing']How did you find my name?!?!?

:bomb::bomb::bomb:[/QUOTE]I don't think I know your name.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']For argument's sake:

12.6 million PS3s sold
37.5 million PSPs sold
-------------------------
50.1 million units sold

It *is* possible for the math to back up, since the "over xx million sold" is just a floor function.[/QUOTE]

That was my point as well.

[quote name='manthing']Mox:

FFTA2 ? FFT

Replace ? plz[/QUOTE]

FFTA2 < FFT

Still, FFTA2 is a good game and worth a play. Just probably not worth $40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back