Tatsunoko Vs Capcom $26.45 (Used) @ Gamestop.com w/edge & coupons

liberaltugboat

CAGiversary!
I wanted to share this with everyone else (I just jumped on this my self)
Gamestop.com has used copies of Tatsunoko Vs Capcom in stock, and are running a $5 price drop right now.
Combine this with the coupon codes cag16 and saver plus your edge discount and the price comes down to $26.45 shipped (plus any state tax you have to pay)
here is a link for the lazy (like me)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=917784&affid=9797
ENJOY!!!

My sticks and controllers beg to differ, Great price though.
I need a Wii stick or a classic controller. Wavebird is not cutting it.

Imagine better online and graphics, I would care for that big time.

I wanted to play this one too, but don't want to spend money on another fight stick, Wii's control is awful for fighters

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Holy shit, that's an awesome price for a fucking GREAT game! :O As long as you've got the console, who cares what it's for? :p[/QUOTE]

Because tools hate the fact that the Wii actually has great games among the seemingly endless pile of shit crapware, so they miss out on gems like Tatsunoko. Any fan of GOOD GAMES recognizes this to be true.

Oh well, I played NMH 2 and Tatsunoko on my Wii, Darksiders on my PS3, Bayonetta on my 360, and Mass Effect 2 on my PC all in one month.

In 2010 of all years, I question the legitimacy of a "gamer's" taste in games when they're too busy engaging in silly console wars instead of recognizing the fact that every single platform has a ludicrous amount of AAA games coming this year. Yes, that includes the Wii (and PC). Sorry haters.

On topic, this is a good deal, thanks OP. I got Tatsunoko as a gift, but I would have gladly paid full price for it. I'd go as far as saying this is one of the best fighters of all time, save for the unreliable online mode (At least in my experience, laggy T_T)

[quote name='CaoPi']I wanted to play this one too, but don't want to spend money on another fight stick, Wii's control is awful for fighters[/QUOTE]

I think that's a very valid reason.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I think that's a very valid reason.[/QUOTE]

Have you ever actually played this game with either the classic controller, wii mote, or game cube controller? I can't vouch for the classic controller (Most people seem to think that's the best "default" option without getting a stick), but I can say with confidence that the cube controller and even the wiimote work out well.

I never thought I'd say that for a fighter on the wii, but it's how they set up the combos when you use the wiimote. If anything, using the wiimote can be superior to a stick or traditional controller for this reason. Just by mashing one button when you're using the wiimote+nunchuck setup, the game automatically performs combos for you. Granted you still have to provide some directional input, but it works far better than you'd think. I can perform every Ryu combo in that video I posted with flawless accuracy on the wiimote, where as on a controller or stick I would mess it up some of the time.

That being said, I still feel this is a valid point for shying away from the game if you detest playing with anything but a stick. Buying a stick JUST for this game, even if it is fantastic, is a pretty hard sell.

[quote name='Gorga']the Wii actually has great games among the seemingly endless pile of shit crapware, so they miss out on gems like Tatsunoko. [/QUOTE]

I fully agree with you there, but the problem is the crapware is too overwhelming to be ignored to get to the gold. I love Nintendo, don't get me wrong, but it's a niche game that honestly just will not sell on a casual system like Wii (Madworld immediately comes to mind). I want to see a sequel, and supposedly Capcom is betting on the sales of this game to determine if they should make a sequel. They put it on the wrong system if they actually wanted this to sell well. And as a big fan of Capcom's Vs. Series, that makes me upset.

Have you ever actually played this game with either the classic controller, wii mote, or game cube controller?

I actually play fighting games on controllers primarily, and the Wii's d-pad, classic controller or wii-mote, is just too stiff for fighters. Not as bad as the 360's d-pad by far (worst ever IMO), but not as responsive as the PS3's.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']I fully agree with you there, but the problem is the crapware is too overwhelming to be ignored to get to the gold. I love Nintendo, don't get me wrong, but it's a niche game that honestly just will not sell on a casual system like Wii (Madworld immediately comes to mind). I want to see a sequel, and supposedly Capcom is betting on the sales of this game to determine if they should make a sequel. They put it on the wrong system if they actually wanted this to sell well. And as a big fan of Capcom's Vs. Series, that makes me upset.[/QUOTE]

Nice namedrop on Madworld, also a great game. I would love for Tatsunoko to come to all platforms, because this game deserves to sell huge numbers. Going multi-platform would make that happen, but If I'm not mistaken I think the game has already done really well for such a niche title.

When this game was finally coming stateside, everyone thought it would bomb because no one knows what the hell Tatsunoko is over here. It would seem that hasn't been the case; I remember reading this game has already broken the 100k mark. For a Niche fighter on the Wii that's pretty damn impressive, if accurate (Could definitely be wrong on this one, anyone got some actual sales data to shed some light?)

In the end, the biggest advantage to this going multi-platform in my eyes is not really the control method, but fixing what I see as a horrible online system. As far as the Wii goes, Tatsunoko has a pretty solid online setup, but that goes to hell when you compare it to something like MVC2 or HD remix on PSN or XBL. There's all the issue of many people having intense lag.

Edit: I feel really dirty plugging in vgchartz as they're notorious for being ridiculously off base, but it's the only thing I can find: http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=41878

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']
I actually play fighting games on controllers primarily, and the Wii's d-pad, classic controller or wii-mote, is just too stiff for fighters. Not as bad as the 360's d-pad by far (worst ever IMO), but not as responsive as the PS3's.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on all points here. While I can tolerate the d-pads of any Nintendo controller, I find the PS controllers to have EASILY the best d-pad of all time for a fighter. I also think the 360 has a disgustingly horrible d-pad, which I'm sure most people agree with as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does mad world and Bayonetta have to do anything with this? Well looks like it's sold out, I don't even have a Wii at this point, also the gamecube pad (too damn small) which can be used on this game I heard.

If your playing casual or not stick is the way to go for fighters, hands down. I recently modded my SE stick to full Sanway parts. I heard the Wii stick for this bundle is better than the previous Madcatz SE.

We were even lucky this got to the U.S. I bet American gamers won't even recognize half the cast on this game.

[quote name='Gorga']Because tools hate the fact that the Wii actually has great games among the seemingly endless pile of shit crapware, so they miss out on gems like Tatsunoko. Any fan of GOOD GAMES recognizes this to be true.

Oh well, I played NMH 2 and Tatsunoko on my Wii, Darksiders on my PS3, Bayonetta on my 360, and Mass Effect 2 on my PC all in one month.

In 2010 of all years, I question the legitimacy of a "gamer's" taste in games when they're too busy engaging in silly console wars instead of recognizing the fact that every single platform has a ludicrous amount of AAA games coming this year. Yes, that includes the Wii (and PC). Sorry haters.[/QUOTE]

The Wii just isn't very good. Sorry bro. It has less AAA games at this point in its lifespan than any other mainstream console except perhaps the Gamecube. It's more a toy than a serious game system and the lack of HD support is absolutely archaic. I think it says a lot about the system when No More Heroes is actually touted as a top game. That trash would get a 4.5 if released on the 360. They actually did do it minus waggle support. The game is called Onechanbara and it features the same gameplay quality but with added boobies.

I own about 20 Wii games and I can't think of even one where I was happy to have wii-mote functionality. Most of the time, it just gets flipped on its side and used as an awkward controller. There's a reason the controllers for all other consoles are pretty similar to each other: the design works. The best implementation of the wii-mote I've seen is that it works well as a lightgun. So color me unimpressed. Nintendo's console is a gamecube with a lightgun. Fine for 2001, but I've moved on.

So is my taste as a gamer questionable because I don't like playing waggle games on 10 year old hardware? I'd much prefer to just play everything on PC because my tri-fire 5970+5870 rig smokes a 360 ten times over and even something a bit dated like Mass Effect looks pretty good at 2560x1600 and 100FPS. I guess it's irrational to like playing on a monitor that displayes 13x as many pixels as what a gamecu...errr wii outputs? It doesn't always take top notch hardware to run a good game, but the wii hardware is so bad that it often is a limiting factor keeping games from reaching their potential. Then even when there's a quality game that can transcend that, it's often incredibly dumbed down to appeal to the "target audience." The difficulty on Klonoa is an embarrassment for anyone who actually liked the series before. Stuff like that is the norm rather than the exception.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']The Wii just isn't very good. Sorry bro. It has less AAA games at this point in its lifespan than any other mainstream console except perhaps the Gamecube. It's more a toy than a serious game system and the lack of HD support is absolutely archaic. I think it says a lot about the system when No More Heroes is actually touted as a top game. That trash would get a 4.5 if released on the 360. They actually did do it minus waggle support. The game is called Onechanbara and it features the same gameplay quality but with added boobies.

I own about 20 Wii games and I can't think of even one where I was happy to have wii-mote functionality. Most of the time, it just gets flipped on its side and used as an awkward controller. There's a reason the controllers for all other consoles are pretty similar to each other: the design works. The best implementation of the wii-mote I've seen is that it works well as a lightgun. So color me unimpressed. Nintendo's console is a gamecube with a lightgun. Fine for 2001, but I've moved on.

So is my taste as a gamer questionable because I don't like playing waggle games on 10 year old hardware? I'd much prefer to just play everything on PC because my tri-fire 5970+5870 rig smokes a 360 ten times over and even something a bit dated like Mass Effect looks pretty good at 2560x1600 and 100FPS. I guess it's irrational to like playing on a monitor that displayes 13x as many pixels as what a gamecu...errr wii outputs? It doesn't always take top notch hardware to run a good game, but the wii hardware is so bad that it often is a limiting factor keeping games from reaching their potential. Then even when there's a quality game that can transcend that, it's often incredibly dumbed down to appeal to the "target audience." The difficulty on Klonoa is an embarrassment for anyone who actually liked the series before. Stuff like that is the norm rather than the exception.[/QUOTE]

This isn't the Fanboy Fest 2010 thread... so I think you should take your shitty posts elsewhere...

Also, great deal, thanks op!

Goddam fanboys...

This is an awesome price on a quality fighting game. Now I'll have to watch this page until the used game gets to be back in stock. Thanks for the heads up OP!

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']The Wii just isn't very good. Sorry bro. It has less AAA games at this point in its lifespan than any other mainstream console except perhaps the Gamecube. It's more a toy than a serious game system and the lack of HD support is absolutely archaic. I think it says a lot about the system when No More Heroes is actually touted as a top game. That trash would get a 4.5 if released on the 360. They actually did do it minus waggle support. The game is called Onechanbara and it features the same gameplay quality but with added boobies.

So is my taste as a gamer questionable because I don't like playing waggle games on 10 year old hardware? I'd much prefer to just play everything on PC because my tri-fire 5970+5870 rig smokes a 360 ten times over and even something a bit dated like Mass Effect looks pretty good at 2560x1600 and 100FPS. I guess it's irrational to like playing on a monitor that displayes 13x as many pixels as what a gamecu...errr wii outputs? It doesn't always take top notch hardware to run a good game, but the wii hardware is so bad that it often is a limiting factor keeping games from reaching their potential. Then even when there's a quality game that can transcend that, it's often incredibly dumbed down to appeal to the "target audience." The difficulty on Klonoa is an embarrassment for anyone who actually liked the series before. Stuff like that is the norm rather than the exception.[/QUOTE]

Too many NUMBERS in your post. Games are about fun, not numbers.

Good little bargain for anyone who didn't pick it up yet. Its a fun, wacky game with an easy 3 button control scheme. I have all three gaming consoles but I wish it where on the PS3 or Xbox 360 for a better hopefully less lagging online play with my friends (minus friend codes) and voice chat to smack talk lol.

While everyone takes this opportunity to argue the pros and cons of the Wii, I would just like to thank the OP for posting the deal. I personally won't be picking it up (bills >

[quote name='malethief']Good little bargain for anyone who didn't pick it up yet. Its a fun, wacky game with an easy 3 button control scheme. I have all three gaming consoles but I wish it where on the PS3 or Xbox 360 for a better hopefully less lagging online play with my friends (minus friend codes) and voice chat to smack talk lol.[/QUOTE]

So true. I wonder if this will ever come out on other consoles.

[quote name='Vegan']Too many NUMBERS in your post. Games are about fun, not numbers.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention people that brag about their "gaming rig" are full of crap. I'm sure you do run ME at that resolution at 100/fps. I'm sure you do...

That said, I have three things to say about this thread: A) Not a deal (couldn't help myself; if we posted a new thread for every used game on GS.com because of CAG16 and Edge...we would have a lot of threads...). B) The Wii is a crappy system that has been saved by a decent number of pretty good games (No More Heroes, Dead Space Extraction, Mario Galaxy, Punch Out, etc.) C) I just grabbed this at a B&M GameStop last week. Dammit.

i just saw this and was like WOOT foking JUMPED on...

then saw the currently not available online...

sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

[quote name='SkyGheNe']It's up!!! Just placed an order![/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting us know its back up!

Now I am wondering if I should jump on this, or wait for God of War 3? I have 37~ in game credit that I can use.

I'm confused--- I thought EB/Gamestop changed their policy of selling USED games online to guarantee case and manuals? Why is this telling me that it might not be included?

I am in for 1. Thanks OP.

Also for the Fanboy out there hating the Wii....it does have some great games on it. Metroid, Super Mario Bros Wii, Mario Galaxy, Zelda...all good/great games. Dont get me wrong I tend to shy away from it mostly but when you have games like this and the 1st party ones its a decent system to own. Now I just need to find a cheap stick for this one...

[quote name='MrNEWZ']I'm confused--- I thought EB/Gamestop changed their policy of selling USED games online to guarantee case and manuals? Why is this telling me that it might not be included?[/QUOTE]

I believe they did. maybe this is just GS having old systems and haven't updated yet. If it doesn't come with a case/manual then I will be on the hunt to pick one up at the store and return the crap case w/o manual that they sent me. Either way at this price I can't say no

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='genfuyung']Waiting for the 360 port.[/QUOTE]

I believe they said they were not going to port this one over. They plan on making another VS title since it is so popular using the 2.5-D graphics like this used and SFIV uses but not sure.

Who would have thought this thread would degenerate into Wii bashing? :roll:

People complain there are no good Wii exclusives. When one comes out, they complain that it's on the Wii and not 360/PS3.

Thanks for the deal, OP. I suck at all 2D fighters except Smash Bros though.

Yea... I don't get blinded by the load of crapware when there are shining gems out there. I don't give a damn about ratio of crap/good games on a console either. I would never have enough time to even play all the great games a single platform offers anymore, so they're all viable choices.

It's a nice game for sure. Online play can leave a bitter taste in your mouth, but better than nothing.

funniest thing in this thread is "there's too much crap on the wii to overlook"

i've owned my wii since the day it came out and not once has a nintendo employee forced me to play a shovelware game.

thanks OP.

I found a used TvC at my nearest Gamestop, it was $39.99 in the store, minus my 10% off for Edge, so the total was a bit over $38 with tax. Well worth it, I had been watching for it online, but never could get on GS's site when any used ones were in stock.

The arcade version is based on the Wii hardware, so this should be arcade-perfect. I have a couple of Wii Hori sticks, so I don't have to settle for using the Wii remotes or classic controllers. It's an excellent game, the Wii actually has a few good fighters (Samurai Shodown Anthology, KOF Orochi Saga, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core), plus some older fighting games on the Virtual Console. It also looks really good for a non-HD game. I have my Wii running through my HT receiver to a 52" 1080p LCD HDTV via component video cables, and this is one of the better looking Wii games, IMO.

anyone waiting for a 360 port can wait until TvC2 comes out, this one wont be going anywhere else. Wii finally gets an excellent fighter after relentless neglect and all ya'll haters can do is bitch. Well i have both system and I bought this game on release with the stick and couldnt be happier

I played it an arcade yesterday and I was really surprised by it. Boo for being sold out online and the closest GS is too far away.

[quote name='brother bendu']Currently out of stock again! LOL

Also does anyone know if the price drop on TvsC used temporary or permanent?[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to know if anyone can answer if this is a price drop online or a sale?

Don't know if this is a permanent price drop or not, but its a great game. Too bad they look sold out again. I wonder if the production run for this is lower than some, which might make this a good speculative buy (just seems like the stock a lot of places isn't there...unless it just sold really well).

I'm totally confused by those who want to talk about problems with the Wii in this thread...this is a deal thread...right? Personally, I look for good games on any console, and this one qualifies.

I do remember some of the characters...I used to watch Battle of the Planets when I was a kid!

[quote name='bigwightdog']Don't know if this is a permanent price drop or not, but its a great game. Too bad they look sold out again. I wonder if the production run for this is lower than some, which might make this a good speculative buy (just seems like the stock a lot of places isn't there...unless it just sold really well).

I'm totally confused by those who want to talk about problems with the Wii in this thread...this is a deal thread...right? Personally, I look for good games on any console, and this one qualifies.

I do remember some of the characters...I used to watch Battle of the Planets when I was a kid![/QUOTE]

I can't really see this being a price drop, but then again....Darksiders did drop awfully quick......

[quote name='Gorga']I can't really see this being a price drop, but then again....Darksiders did drop awfully quick......[/QUOTE]

It's been back to $60 for a few days now.

[quote name='Gorga']This is Definitely one of the coolest Tatsunoko matches out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEGypj_v3BI[/QUOTE]

That video has some entertaining moments, but those players are terrible at game management. You gotta switch your fighters in and out way more than that so they can regain their health. The fighter you have out there isn't going to regain any health.

bread's done
Back