Tatsunoko Vs Capcom $26.45 (Used) @ Gamestop.com w/edge & coupons

liberaltugboat

CAGiversary!
I wanted to share this with everyone else (I just jumped on this my self)
Gamestop.com has used copies of Tatsunoko Vs Capcom in stock, and are running a $5 price drop right now.
Combine this with the coupon codes cag16 and saver plus your edge discount and the price comes down to $26.45 shipped (plus any state tax you have to pay)
here is a link for the lazy (like me)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=917784&affid=9797
ENJOY!!!

I got this game and its well worth even the retail price. I play it with my Wavebird and it controls just fine. Great fighter!

Im tired of all this ignorant 'Wii is crap because it doesnt have alot of games' statements. I have about 36 games for the Wii with about 60 percent of it being third party games and I still have a shitload of games left to buy. Yes there is a bunch of shovelware and crap like The Conduit but if you do some research, you will find that the Wii has just as many good games as the PS3 and 360. In many ways I prefer and have more fun playing Wii games because they are unique, innovative, and different than the status quo offered on PS3 and 360.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']The Wii just isn't very good. Sorry bro. It has less AAA games at this point in its lifespan than any other mainstream console except perhaps the Gamecube. It's more a toy than a serious game system and the lack of HD support is absolutely archaic. I think it says a lot about the system when No More Heroes is actually touted as a top game. That trash would get a 4.5 if released on the 360. They actually did do it minus waggle support. The game is called Onechanbara and it features the same gameplay quality but with added boobies.

I own about 20 Wii games and I can't think of even one where I was happy to have wii-mote functionality. Most of the time, it just gets flipped on its side and used as an awkward controller. There's a reason the controllers for all other consoles are pretty similar to each other: the design works. The best implementation of the wii-mote I've seen is that it works well as a lightgun. So color me unimpressed. Nintendo's console is a gamecube with a lightgun. Fine for 2001, but I've moved on.

So is my taste as a gamer questionable because I don't like playing waggle games on 10 year old hardware? I'd much prefer to just play everything on PC because my tri-fire 5970+5870 rig smokes a 360 ten times over and even something a bit dated like Mass Effect looks pretty good at 2560x1600 and 100FPS. I guess it's irrational to like playing on a monitor that displayes 13x as many pixels as what a gamecu...errr wii outputs? It doesn't always take top notch hardware to run a good game, but the wii hardware is so bad that it often is a limiting factor keeping games from reaching their potential. Then even when there's a quality game that can transcend that, it's often incredibly dumbed down to appeal to the "target audience." The difficulty on Klonoa is an embarrassment for anyone who actually liked the series before. Stuff like that is the norm rather than the exception.[/QUOTE]

since when did this site become cheapass trolling? ppl should take their fanboyism somewhere else!!!

[quote name='Sonicplys']Im tired of all this ignorant 'Wii is crap because it doesnt have alot of games' statements. I have about 36 games for the Wii with about 60 percent of it being third party games and I still have a shitload of games left to buy. Yes there is a bunch of shovelware and crap like The Conduit but if you do some research, you will find that the Wii has just as many good games as the PS3 and 360. In many ways I prefer and have more fun playing Wii games because they are unique, innovative, and different than the status quo offered on PS3 and 360.[/QUOTE]

29 Wii games, 32 Xbox 360 games, and 6 PS3 games here. Not all the Wii games in my collection are AAA winners, but I can't say the same for my 360 games either.

[quote name='UltraMysteryDopplega']The Wii just isn't very good. Sorry bro. It has less AAA games at this point in its lifespan than any other mainstream console except perhaps the Gamecube. It's more a toy than a serious game system and the lack of HD support is absolutely archaic. I think it says a lot about the system when No More Heroes is actually touted as a top game. That trash would get a 4.5 if released on the 360. They actually did do it minus waggle support. The game is called Onechanbara and it features the same gameplay quality but with added boobies.[/QUOTE]

Onechanbara = No More Heroes..? wut?

Anyways! I actually played this with my TE for a while and I kinda prefer the wii remote + nunchuck controls.

Either way, still too cheap to pick up the US copy..

Oh GS, how I hate you.

I scramble through ordering TvC... and then at last step 'gift card lookup unavailable'
Bah, fuck you! I want to use my trade in credit :(

Anyone received theirs yet? Did you get the box and manual?

Thanks OP for the deal, and tenaciousjack for the heads up on stock.

edit: Curious, why SAVER when the GS site has free shipping for orders over $25?

There must have only been two or three copies. I went to add it to my cart and it was already sold out. Thanks anyways though.

[quote name='UberSwiss']There must have only been two or three copies. I went to add it to my cart and it was already sold out. Thanks anyways though.[/QUOTE]

Whats more astounding is that mine is on Backorder from when it was orginially put up...so they have more to ship out/sell but not enough to send me my copy.

I wish everywhere was like Amazon

My copy came in a couple days ago. It came with the original box and instructions. I've been playing it for abit and I like it so far I just wish it was on the 360 so I could use a fight stick.

I have been using the Classic Controller to play it with and that is an okay way to play it since the moves are very easy to pull off.

[quote name='LordVila']My copy came in a couple days ago. It came with the original box and instructions. I've been playing it for abit and I like it so far I just wish it was on the 360 so I could use a fight stick.

I have been using the Classic Controller to play it with and that is an okay way to play it since the moves are very easy to pull off.[/QUOTE]

You could get a Wii fightstick, but if this is your only Wii fighting game, then it may or may not be worth it to you. I know that the madcatz store is having a sale on fight sticks/pads this weekend. 20% off sticks & 30% off pads I believe.

Yeah I looked at the stick but since this is my only fighting game for the Wii I cant justify spending that much on it. If more high quality fighters or shmups came out on the Wii I could justify it though.

But thanks for the heads up on the deal!

for those who have played, how is playing with a gamecube controller (are you able to use the gc controller for the game?). since that's probably what i would use to play it.

[quote name='aj slick']Amazon has 1 TvsC stick for $62.99 if anybody wants it. Warehouse deals free shipping.[/QUOTE]

Not anymore thanks I was looking for a deal on it

Very YMMV in regards to condition. They also state no guarantee the game comes with manual and original case.

It's a pretty good bet that the older the title, the worse for wear. Best hope are for newer titles or PS3 Blu-rays better scratch resistance.

Plenty or horrors and surprises about GS.com games can be found all over CAG. I've gotten Gamecube games with really nasty looking cases and scuffed up discs, but I don't usually order from their used online selection because it can be risky. Good thing you can return them to the store.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Very YMMV in regards to condition. They also state no guarantee the game comes with manual and original case.

It's a pretty good bet that the older the title, the worse for wear. Best hope are for newer titles or PS3 Blu-rays better scratch resistance.

Plenty or horrors and surprises about GS.com games can be found all over CAG.[/QUOTE]

LMAO at the last sentence. There are ton of horror stories about GS in general. Thanks for the help and I will hope for the best.

[quote name='SkyGheNe']Mine came with no case, no instructions, and a few scratches. Sadness.[/QUOTE]

UUGGGGHHHH! I would had cried at that sight. At least give me a manual. Thanks for letting me know. Worst case scenario is I trade it back in to GS, or complain about it not working right.

Thanks for your input.

[quote name='ackbar7']Thanks OP. I ordered this. Hope it comes complete, otherwise I am returning it.[/QUOTE]

Can you return it to Gamestop, or would you have to ship it back to them? Also are there any return fees for doing that.

I am sorry for all the questions.:whistle2:# I rarely buy stuff from GS B&M, let alone their website.

[quote name='brother bendu']Can you return it to Gamestop, or would you have to ship it back to them? Also are there any return fees for doing that.

I am sorry for all the questions.:whistle2:# I rarely buy stuff from GS B&M, let alone their website.[/QUOTE]

Anyone can help me with this question?

[quote name='brother bendu']Can you return it to Gamestop, or would you have to ship it back to them? Also are there any return fees for doing that.

I am sorry for all the questions.:whistle2:# I rarely buy stuff from GS B&M, let alone their website.[/QUOTE]

The packing slip is the receipt. You can return to B&M and get your money back sans shipping I believe.

I just got my copy and it was complete. Very happy disk was okay condition (will keep my eye out for a better used copy at a local store)

I might have to just break down & buy it new...which I have no problem with. Maybe an Amazon Goldbox deal of the day for say $30-$35. That would be awesome sauce.

[quote name='joshnorm']The packing slip is the receipt. You can return to B&M and get your money back sans shipping I believe.

I just got my copy and it was complete. Very happy disk was okay condition (will keep my eye out for a better used copy at a local store)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. Now I am not too worried about what might come in the mail.

You should not see anymore questions from me (hopefully). :cool:

Last night was a great night to buy Wii games generally on GS.com. Picked up Harvest Moon:Tree of Tranquility, New SMB and Tatsunoko. All thanks to the OP and Hibiwa

Game disc arrived with one slight smudgy scratch, a very good manual, and original cover art. The only downer is the generic black dvd case.

[quote name='brother bendu']Thanks for the response. Now I am not too worried about what might come in the mail.

You should not see anymore questions from me (hopefully). :cool:[/QUOTE]

Crap - I think I may have tossed the packing slip with the package - can I print from the website and return with that?

As of right now, it is in stock. I just ordered mine, but I doubt there are more than 3 copies.

*As of 12:41 AM Pacific there are 5 copies left

[quote name='Hibiwa']Game disc arrived with one slight smudgy scratch, a very good manual, and original cover art. The only downer is the generic black dvd case.[/QUOTE]

An update from my order of tatsunoko on gamestop.com

I basically got the exact same thing Hibiwa did right down to the generic black dvd case. Luckily I have a white wii case to replace it so all in all pretty stoked that I didn't receive disc only. Good luck fellow CAGs!

[quote name='UberSwiss']As of right now, it is in stock. I just ordered mine, but I doubt there are more than 3 copies.

*As of 12:41 AM Pacific there are 5 copies left[/QUOTE]
OOS now. Damn, missed this again! :(

Surprisingly, I already got my game. Disc had some small scratches, but it came with Wii case, manual, and original artwork.

ONLINE!

my total was $28.76, im figuring the difference between my price and OP price was tax. nice deal!

now ill have to get some kind of new controller.

I have a question. Is Edge paid annually or is it a one time payment? I don't care about the magazine really.

bread's done
Back