Tatsunoko vs Capcom Fightstick $25 Shipped (plus tax)

Just an FYI this has been on sale for a while now, it was actually posted before too. I can't decide if I want this thing. I'd only get it for one game and I don't even own it. Let alone I have MVC3 anyway...

Thanks for the post OP. I was considering buying this before from Cowboom for $24.99 with $7.99 shipping, but $19.99 with $5 shipping is better :)

After playing King of Fighters: Orochi Collection with a classic controller, my thumbs demanded that I get something better for fighting games....

I own two of these sticks. I got it from a buy one get one free deal from GameShark last month. I don't own a Wii but these sticks work well on the PS3 and PC. You just need an adapter to convert it to usb. I bought the sticks along with a Mayflash adapter from Play-Asia (Mayflash Wii Classic Controller to PC USB Adapter) but I'm sure you can find it on Amazon or EBay. Should be around ~$15 for the adapter.

I use these sticks to play Super Street Fighter 4 on the ps3 with no problems. I hooked it up to my PC to see if it'll work and my computer detects it fine. I was able to calibrate all the buttons and movement of the stick.

From what I've gathered reading around various forums are that these sticks are an upgrade over the regular SSF4 arcade sticks but not quite better than the tournament edition. Since I wasn't sure if I wanted to invest too much money into a fighting stick, I figured I'd give this stick a try and I've been happy with them. It's also a plus that the Mayflash adapter has 2 ports so I was able to get two of the Wii sticks to work on the ps3 without needing another adapter.

Thanks SpOOfy. I'll have an extra fighting stick for my PS3 as well. I'm on Play-Asia right now ordering it and copy of Mushihimesama Futari for my 360. :lol:

[quote name='spOOfy']I own two of these sticks. I got it from a buy one get one free deal from GameShark last month. I don't own a Wii but these sticks work well on the PS3 and PC. You just need an adapter to convert it to usb. I bought the sticks along with a Mayflash adapter from Play-Asia (Mayflash Wii Classic Controller to PC USB Adapter) but I'm sure you can find it on Amazon or EBay. Should be around ~$15 for the adapter.

I use these sticks to play Super Street Fighter 4 on the ps3 with no problems. I hooked it up to my PC to see if it'll work and my computer detects it fine. I was able to calibrate all the buttons and movement of the stick.

From what I've gathered reading around various forums are that these sticks are an upgrade over the regular SSF4 arcade sticks but not quite better than the tournament edition. Since I wasn't sure if I wanted to invest too much money into a fighting stick, I figured I'd give this stick a try and I've been happy with them. It's also a plus that the Mayflash adapter has 2 ports so I was able to get two of the Wii sticks to work on the ps3 without needing another adapter.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely try it out on the PS3. Just brought the stick from the link and the adapter from Amazon.

Just a fair warning, if you buy the Mayflash adapater from Play-Asia with their cheapest shipping that goes through USPS (like I did), you will not get a tracking number and it will take about ~2 weeks to receive your adapter. I was worried when I didn't see my adapter come in the mail but it showed up one day and I was relieved. I would have bought from Amazon or Ebay at the time but Amazon was out of stock and I don't really shop at Ebay. Although the people who bought from Ebay got their adapter earlier than I did.

[quote name='spOOfy']I own two of these sticks. I got it from a buy one get one free deal from GameShark last month. I don't own a Wii but these sticks work well on the PS3 and PC. You just need an adapter to convert it to usb. I bought the sticks along with a Mayflash adapter from Play-Asia (Mayflash Wii Classic Controller to PC USB Adapter) but I'm sure you can find it on Amazon or EBay. Should be around ~$15 for the adapter.

From what I've gathered reading around various forums are that these sticks are an upgrade over the regular SSF4 arcade sticks but not quite better than the tournament edition. Since I wasn't sure if I wanted to invest too much money into a fighting stick, I figured I'd give this stick a try and I've been happy with them. It's also a plus that the Mayflash adapter has 2 ports so I was able to get two of the Wii sticks to work on the ps3 without needing another adapter.[/QUOTE]

Wait a sec, this can be used to play on the PS3 or Wii? Who makes this stick? Hori or Madcatz? How is the build on this? I just got a Tekken 6 fightstick for my 360. I have a Wii, but no fighting games. Still, would be good if I can get out of it multi use (PC and Wii) Can u post picture of fightstick and what the adapter looks like? Any software down for the adapter or is it just plug and u ready to go?
Thanks.

The buttons are mapped out as:

Square X L2 L1
O Triangle R2 R1

For some odd reason, the start and select buttons on the arcade stick are reversed. There is one inconvenience with this stick. You can't access the XMB.

There are 3 modes to this setup. You can switch through the modes by pushing Home + L or Home + R

The default mode treats the stick as the PS3 Dpad but the L and R buttons don't work.

The second mode treats the stick as the left analog stick and allows the L and R buttons to work. (Basically all the buttons will work and this is the mode you will want to use)

The third mode, well I vaguely remember what it did but I think it allowed all my buttons to work except my stick wasn't registering any movement.

As far as I can tell, there is no lag with these sticks and they work great for fighting games. You just got to use it in the second mode and adjust your controls.

The only downside I believe are that these sticks can't access the XMB and your game MUST support the left analog stick on your dualshock3 for movement. For the price, I say these sticks are worth it if you don't feel like investing too much for arcade sticks.

Same here, however I don't really like the joystick on this, its center is very loose. Maybe I should replace it.

Actually spOOfy, these sticks aren't even close to the quality of TE sticks. For one thing, it's very difficult to fully mod these, unlike TE's.

[quote name='The Punisher']Wait a sec, this can be used to play on the PS3 or Wii? Who makes this stick? Hori or Madcatz? How is the build on this? I just got a Tekken 6 fightstick for my 360. I have a Wii, but no fighting games. Still, would be good if I can get out of it multi use (PC and Wii) Can u post picture of fightstick and what the adapter looks like? Any software down for the adapter or is it just plug and u ready to go?
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it works on the PS3 and PC. Not sure about the Wii since I don't own one but I'm pretty sure it will work since it's made for it lol. Madcatz makes this stick. The build quality is pretty good for the price. I did some research on these sticks before I made the purchase last month so I'll tell you what I know. The buttons are Sanwa OBSF-30 clones and the joystick is a Sanwa JLF clone. According to what I found, the stick is said to feel like a stiffer JLF and the buttons feel like stiffer Sanwas. Everything still boils down to personal preference. I enjoy my stick and for the price, it's well worth it. If you're a serious fighter, you'd probably want to invest in the tournament edition arcade stick or build your own with Sanwa parts or something. But I'm just a casual player and for ~$20, you can't go wrong.

The adapter comes with software but I didn't need to install it on my PC and it works right out of the box on both my PS3 and PC.

Sorry my camera phone is not top quality so these are the best shots I could come up with.

http://i.imgur.com/69hZ3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jPizm.jpg

[quote name='scarhawk']Actually spOOfy, these sticks aren't even close to the quality of TE sticks. For one thing, it's very difficult to fully mod these, unlike TE's.[/QUOTE]
Yea I meant that. I think I worded it wrong and made it seem like these TvC sticks are a step below the TE sticks which they are not. I believe these sticks are somewhere in the middle ground between the TE and SE.

Apologize for any confusion.

cool, im in for 1. Been wanting one of these sticks for a while, i like the tatsunoko w/ capcom characters on it. $27.18 shipped to CA...

finally bit on this. i almost pulled the trigger 3 or 4 times before, both on the 2 for 1 deal a few weeks ago and when they were $25 + $8. glad to finally be getting one.

[quote name='spOOfy']Yes, it works on the PS3 and PC. Not sure about the Wii since I don't own one but I'm pretty sure it will work since it's made for it lol. Madcatz makes this stick. The build quality is pretty good for the price. I did some research on these sticks before I made the purchase last month so I'll tell you what I know. The buttons are Sanwa OBSF-30 clones and the joystick is a Sanwa JLF clone. According to what I found, the stick is said to feel like a stiffer JLF and the buttons feel like stiffer Sanwas. Everything still boils down to personal preference. I enjoy my stick and for the price, it's well worth it. If you're a serious fighter, you'd probably want to invest in the tournament edition arcade stick or build your own with Sanwa parts or something. But I'm just a casual player and for ~$20, you can't go wrong.

The adapter comes with software but I didn't need to install it on my PC and it works right out of the box on both my PS3 and PC.

Sorry my camera phone is not top quality so these are the best shots I could come up with.

http://i.imgur.com/69hZ3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jPizm.jpg

Yea I meant that. I think I worded it wrong and made it seem like these TvC sticks are a step below the TE sticks which they are not. I believe these sticks are somewhere in the middle ground between the TE and SE.

Apologize for any confusion.[/QUOTE]

Thanks!

[quote name='spOOfy']Just a fair warning, if you buy the Mayflash adapater from Play-Asia with their cheapest shipping that goes through USPS (like I did), you will not get a tracking number and it will take about ~2 weeks to receive your adapter. I was worried when I didn't see my adapter come in the mail but it showed up one day and I was relieved. I would have bought from Amazon or Ebay at the time but Amazon was out of stock and I don't really shop at Ebay. Although the people who bought from Ebay got their adapter earlier than I did.[/QUOTE]
I strongly agree with this. I've purchased the adapter with the lowest shipping from play-asia and figured it would take 2 weeks at the most. Here I am, 5 weeks now and no adapter.

This maybe worst case scenario, just to be fair.

[quote name='scarhawk']Actually spOOfy, these sticks aren't even close to the quality of TE sticks. For one thing, it's very difficult to fully mod these, unlike TE's.[/QUOTE]

The TvC sticks are nowhere near the quality of TE sticks, but they're above and beyond the quality of the average SE. The buttons are not Sanwa, but they're meticulously recreated to make them feel like Sanwa. It's also not hard to mod.

This site is bestbuy clearance item site. Just as reliable as bestbuy.
I got the stick last week. It is pretty good. fast shipping too from Texas

Bit on the deal, going to use this mostly for mame, seems like a great stick for it, also seems like this would be perfect for that SNK Classics Collection for Wii.

I'm an avid joystick enthusiast so w/that in mind...

This is a very good joystick! IMO, it's worth $60 - $70 at the most. Uses the same microswitch manufacturer (Omron) as Sanwa in their JLF's. Only thing different between these pushbuttons & a Sanwa OBSF-30 are the springs which you can buy for less than a $1 each. Someone on SRK did a comparison of the stick & buttons to the Sanwa stuff. Modding is insanely easy since all you have to do's unscrew the bottom base plate & that's it to get to the inside. If I had to really nitpick then if you really wanna replace the artwork, that's kinda tedious but not really since you'd have to use goo-gone to scrap off the excess original artwork. Also, I've got big hands & the surface area to rest your palms on is kinda small but can't really complain especially for the price! It has a decent weight given the steel bottom plate (~4 - 4.5 pounds total) so less moving around. Has a nice angle to rest part of your palms. FWIW, these go for ~$30 - $35 on eBay brand new.

It's $25 + shipping now on their regular part of the website:

http://www.cowboom.com/product/709342

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='chunlirocks']This site is bestbuy clearance item site. Just as reliable as bestbuy.
I got the stick last week. It is pretty good. fast shipping too from Texas[/QUOTE]

Wow, well I guess this explains why the 7+ fightsticks in my local store suddenly disappeared one day. I was going to wait until they fell to under $20 but alas Best Buy pulled them. Bastards!

I received my arcade stick today after ordering on Sunday. It arrived in brand new condition as described with no issue.

The cabinet is the same as the SE fightstick, so it's very easy to mod these if you don't like the joystick or buttons. But my experience with the SE sticks is that the buttons/stick are garbage and will break down after frequent use.

Not sure about these sticks since they use different manufacturers, but since it uses the same cabinet it is very easy to mod. All you need is a screw driver.

Oh so it's not like the Hori's where you have to dremel tabs on the holes and solder off the board that's sitting on top of the buttons?

This may be a REALLY stupid questions, but is there any way you could ever use this on an XBox?

I know that you can mod Fightsticks to work with both PS3 and XBox, so just curious if this could be made to do that as well...

[quote name='scarhawk']Oh so it's not like the Hori's where you have to dremel tabs on the holes and solder off the board that's sitting on top of the buttons?[/QUOTE]

Removing the pushbuttons is just as easy like on a TE stick so no dremeling & soldering involved whatsoever. These buttons are pretty good. No need to replace them w/Sanwa OBSF-30's, just replace the springs & it'll feel exactly like a Sanwa.

[quote name='mxmarks']This may be a REALLY stupid questions, but is there any way you could ever use this on an XBox?

I know that you can mod Fightsticks to work with both PS3 and XBox, so just curious if this could be made to do that as well...[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, I don't think you can but check on SRK since that's the best forum for non-domestic fight stick discussion.

This deal is dead anyway (kind of). Price is up to $34. I could pick one up on Ebay probably for around 25. I just want to see if it's easy to mod these to work on a PS3/360.

Got mine yesterday, very pleased with it and awesome fast shipping. I actually like the texture of it better than my SFIV one for 360.

I got mine in yesterday. I'm really impressed with the quality of it, but then again I've never had a fightstick so I wouldn't know what's considered "good"

I was expecting some really small, cheap plastic thing.

Thanks again to the OP!

bread's done
Back