Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom (Wii) $23.99 Best Buy YMMV?

Gosha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Saw this at my store on clearance for $23.99 and picked it up. It had a tag for the price as well. I'm not sure if this is a nationwide thing, but I believe it is one of the best prices you can find for the game right now, sans the BBV B1G1 deal. I'm not sure if this is YMMV or not, someone else should try to confirm it.

They also had Pop'n Music Wii for $7.99 and Samurai Showdown Sen for $9.99.

[quote name='Gosha']

They also had Pop'n Music Wii for $7.99[/QUOTE]

THERE WAS AN ENGLISH Pop'N Music!?

:wii:Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom is also $14.99 at Blockbuster used and part of their Buy 1 Get 1 sale right now.

So in the end it's like getting the game for $7.50 with another game for the same price.;)

[quote name='n1c0']THERE WAS AN ENGLISH Pop'N Music!?[/QUOTE]
51ORNGnt23L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Yup
http://www.amazon.com/Popn-Music-Ni..._1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1293940745&sr=1-1

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:wii:Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom is also $14.99 at Blockbuster used and part of their Buy 1 Get 1 sale right now.

So in the end it's like getting the game for $7.50 with another game for the same price.;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah I mentioned that in the OP. Not every BBV will have it though. The three around me didn't at least.

n1c0, the Pop'n Music on the Wii is basically what happens when Konami re-creates the franchise to appeal to the Just Dance crowd or wagglers in US. It's not that great, but I still got it for my Pop'n Music collection.

This is a review of the Japanese verison, but its a just of the gameplay for it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqOIC7blzcE

I've found 2-3 copies of it so far at various BBV stores around here. All have had manual/coverart, but the disc condition has ranged from only meh to good.

I'll add to this thread instead of creating a new one. I picked up Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom at my local Best Buy for $18.99 on clearance.

I'm so torn on getting this. Before I had a 360, I really wanted it. But now that Marvel vs Capcom 3 is coming, I don't see why I should drop any money on this. MvC3 is going to blow this game out of the water.

Still, for Wii-only peeps, it the best alternative.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I'm so torn on getting this. Before I had a 360, I really wanted it. But now that Marvel vs Capcom 3 is coming, I don't see why I should drop any money on this. MvC3 is going to blow this game out of the water.

Still, for Wii-only peeps, it the best alternative.[/QUOTE]

Because at the moment it's the only game outside of Rival Schools / Project Justice you can play as Batsu. Also it's awesome. As for other reasons, lots of cool Tatsunoko characters, like Casshan, heck I don't see a reason why NOT to buy it, even if MvC 3 is coming.

There looks to be many exclusive characters in this game (Capcom side in this case) you'll never get to play outside of this game in a fighting game. And it's pretty cool to see all of the characters that Tatsunoko has created over the years if you're an anime fan.

And for the low $20's it's practically a steal. I paid about $30 and never regretted it once, even if it would have been nicer to get it a few bucks cheaper. ;)

Man, no luck at my local BB. Their clearance section was a nightmare. Just bins full of games, literally tons of shovel ware all jacked up. It would have taken me an hour to scour through all of it.

My Best Buy sucks at marking sale or clearance prices on anything that isn't in the clearance bin, apparently. I found one copy of Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, and the price tag said $39.99. So I bring it up to the register and ask if I can see what it rings up as...and yup, it rung up as $23.99 automatically. Same thing happened when I bought Undead Nightmare, it was tagged full price still, and I never would've known there was a sale if not for CAG.

[quote name='romeogbs19']I'm so torn on getting this. Before I had a 360, I really wanted it. But now that Marvel vs Capcom 3 is coming, I don't see why I should drop any money on this. MvC3 is going to blow this game out of the water.

Still, for Wii-only peeps, it the best alternative.[/QUOTE]

23.99 at mine..they had 2 that I could see...was looking for GT5 CE though

I don't think it's YMMV because I saw the tag for it at my local store. Didn't have the game though. Amazon had it for a similar price so I bought it from there.

[quote name='n1c0']THERE WAS AN ENGLISH Pop'N Music!?[/QUOTE]

It is the biggest piece of crap I have ever seen.

They have destroyed the name of Pop n' Music with this version.

The controls are worse than Samba de Amigo, the music selection is...sad, and the overall aesthetics resemble nothing of Pop n' Music.

Also, there are some in stock from warehousedeals for $20 used, but will come complete, so if anyone was interested,

http://www.amazon.com/Tatsunoko-vs-...2L77EE7U53NWQ&s=generic&qid=1294601231&sr=1-1

I just picked this up at the Mt. Juliet, TN Best Buy for 18.99. It was actually advertised at that price.

Thanks, OP. I'd been waiting on a good drop for this game. Just wish my local stores still had some sticks in stock to go with it!

[quote name='Very Unclever']I just picked this up at the Mt. Juliet, TN Best Buy for 18.99. It was actually advertised at that price.

Thanks, OP. I'd been waiting on a good drop for this game. Just wish my local stores still had some sticks in stock to go with it![/QUOTE]

A TvC stick randomly turned up at my store a few weeks ago and I took it home for only $29.99. :D

I agree that Pop'n Music for Wii was disappointing, but it wasn't THAT bad. I actually like a lot of the music and the controls are decent when they work consistently.
It's a shame this is probably the only US version we'll ever see, but I've got Pop'n 1-14 and an Arcade Style Controller so it's not really an issue for me. :lol:

Other games I've seen on clearance at my store:

PS3 - BlazBlue: Continuum Shift - $17.99 (already have it)
PS3 - Motorstorm: Pacific Rift - $18.99 (considering picking it up)
PS3 - Saw - $9.99 (picked it up)
Wii - Pop'n Music - $4.99 (already have it)
Wii - Storybook Workshop - $14.99
360 - Samurai Showdown Sen - $9.99 (considering picking it up)
PSP - DOA Paradise - $13.99
PC - Penumbra Collection - $4.99 (picked it up)

How is the Mad Catz Stick?

Amazon has the original Hori Fightstick on sale for 22 and change right now. I'm considering it. I played through the game tonight with the Classic Controller Pro and had mixed feelings about it. Anyone got any experience with it to share?

[quote name='Very Unclever']How is the Mad Catz Stick?

Amazon has the original Hori Fightstick on sale for 22 and change right now. I'm considering it. I played through the game tonight with the Classic Controller Pro and had mixed feelings about it. Anyone got any experience with it to share?[/QUOTE]

I like the MadCatz stick over the Hori one for one VERY crucial reason: The TvC stick gives you the ability to switch your joystick setting - so you can play Smash Bros with it (something you can't do with the Hori).

Found the game in Canton Ohio yesterday and the price was marked down to $17.99. They had 2 more left.
The receipt said Clearance price $12.00 off.

I found 2 at the Best Buy in Elizabethtown, Ky yesterday for $15.00 each on clearance. It said regular $29.99 and 50% off. I almost bought it again just because it kicks so much ass.

[quote name='Gameboy415']A TvC stick randomly turned up at my store a few weeks ago and I took it home for only $29.99. :D

I agree that Pop'n Music for Wii was disappointing, but it wasn't THAT bad. I actually like a lot of the music and the controls are decent when they work consistently.
It's a shame this is probably the only US version we'll ever see, but I've got Pop'n 1-14 and an Arcade Style Controller so it's not really an issue for me. :lol:

PC - Penumbra Collection - $4.99 (picked it up)[/QUOTE]

Tried my local best buy for TvC and purchased it for $23.99. Was really hoping I'd get Blazblue: Continuum Shift but it wasn't marked down in their systems. How does that work exactly? I see threads on here that list prices that clearly aren't even listed for in stores... educate me please. ^_^

[quote name='Gameboy415']A TvC stick randomly turned up at my store a few weeks ago and I took it home for only $29.99. :D

I saw the fight stick for $30 also, but wasn't sure if it was worth picking up. I might get Samurai Shodown Sen and DOA paradise if I see them at that price.

[quote name='Nucking Futs!']Can you guys/gals look on the BB receipt & tell me the sku#?!? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Here's the SKU from the stock checker link.

[quote name='phatbhuda']Here's the SKU from the stock checker link.
9649207[/QUOTE]

Thx! Just called a local BB & it's still $23.99 here so I'll take my chances & wait for it to drop. Otherwise I'll pick it up from Amazon later for $23.

Picked it up at Topsham, ME Best Buy for $15.99, had about 4 left in stock. Tried the South Portland, ME store originally, had the clerk check the stock at nearby BB stores and he was pretty astounded that it was priced at higher prices at other nearby locations.

Wanted to add that I also picked up some other discounted or clearanced games:

PSP - Burnout Legends $9.99
X360 - Watchmen: The End is Nigh $5.99
Wii - Muramasa Demon Blade $12.99
X360 - Konami Classics Volume 2 $6.99 *

I looked all over for Konami Classics Volume 1 - and even had them look up availability at other locations but came up with nothing. Looks like Best Buy was offered some overstock of Volume 2 and just took it.

Apologies if these are already known in the thread - or in another thread.

Which Best Buy was this? I really want BlazBlue cheap.

[quote name='Gameboy415']A TvC stick randomly turned up at my store a few weeks ago and I took it home for only $29.99. :D[/QUOTE]

Can you provide the sku # from the receipt? Can't find it on their website, thx!

bread's done
Back