Tatsunoko vs Capcom Wii Arcade Stick $35 and change on Amazon

[quote name='GUNNM']Anyone who owns this stick is it good?[/QUOTE]

I've had it and it's a really nice stick. I'm not so big on fighters so it was my first stick but I thoroughly enjoyed the game while using it and enjoy using the stick even for VC games.

$35 is a steal..

Great deal! I use it for all my Wii fighting games. Quality is between that of a TE stick and SE Stick.

Thanks OP, I was looking at this when Mad Cats was having there deal not to long ago but still wasn't my price point but I'll get it for this!!!

Thanks! :applause:

[quote name='Sairou']How long will this deal be up? Also, can I mod it to work with PS3/360?[/QUOTE]

Don't know how long it will last but Amazon has a 3rd party seller that is selling it for a few more dollars that's qualifies for PRIME.

KILLER DEAL (well $20 would be better) but this is the lowest price I've seen.

My local BB has them on clearance for $45 or so.

[quote name='turbocro']Great deal! I use it for all my Wii fighting games. Quality is between that of a TE stick and SE Stick.[/QUOTE]
You stole my old avatar!

[quote name='GUNNM']Anyone who owns this stick is it good?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='turbocro']Great deal! I use it for all my Wii fighting games. Quality is between that of a TE stick and SE Stick.[/QUOTE]

It's exactly like an SE with a different graphic and different colored buttons.
So it's not the greatest stick out there, but as far as I know it's the best one available on the Wii since they never made a TE for Wii.
You can always replace the Japanese knockoff buttons and stick with Sanwa JLF stick and Sanwa buttons if you're ready to take that step.

Still a decent deal price wise. Good post OP.

-FrankCastleAZ

[quote name='DanteWarrior']Will this stick work with Gamecube disk games on Wii[/QUOTE]
This thing plugs into the wii controller in place of the classic controller. Gamecube games must be played through the gamecube ports, so this would not work.

If i had any other Wii fighting games than TvC, i'd be all over this. As it is, i'll stick with my current stick with a Gamecube adapter(which works just fine with TvC, and presumably other Wii fighters).

Good deal, though.

[quote name='n1c0']Can I stick a cthulhu board in there to make it PC/PS3 compatible?[/QUOTE]

Short cord on these, I think compared to the PS3 sticks.

Just wait for a sale from Game Shark and pick a TE stick up at ~$100 - the parts are better, IMHO.

[quote name='nondual']Short cord on these, I think compared to the PS3 sticks.

Just wait for a sale from Game Shark and pick a TE stick up at ~$100 - the parts are better, IMHO.[/QUOTE]

There is that, but I have a spare LS-33 and some 30mm buttons left over from another mod. Thought it might be worth picking up as a spare/collectors item.

Good deal. You can always mod any stick if you don't feel it suits your play style.

I think the Wii needs more good fighting games to justify owning an arcade stick for it. I know there are a few good games available on Virtual Console, but I think it could handle games like Melty Blood.

Just for everyone wondering, it is actually just an SE stick.

The reason some people say it's between an SE and a TE is that the parts are a fair amount better in the TvC stick compared to the SFIV SE. The shell is definitely the same as the standard SE, though.

[quote name='forumreader']The reason some people say it's between an SE and a TE is that the parts are a fair amount better in the TvC stick compared to the SFIV SE. The shell is definitely the same as the standard SE, though.[/QUOTE]

But what does TE and SE means?

[quote name='forumreader']The reason some people say it's between an SE and a TE is that the parts are a fair amount better in the TvC stick compared to the SFIV SE. The shell is definitely the same as the standard SE, though.[/QUOTE]
I am going to +1 the only correct comment about this stick so far in the thread.

The shell is the same as the rest of the SF4 SE sticks, but the stick and buttons are very different. First thing, all of the micro switches that are used are the same ones used by Sanwa so they have better feel and should last longer. Second, there stick and button design is a complete due over from the original SE. The buttons no longer suffer from the sticking issue, they feel like Sanwas that need a little more pressure to press (some people even prefer their feel). As for the stick, it is almost a complete replica of a JLF (they are so close that you can swap parts from one another). No more washer issues, and no more missed corners. It is a great arcade stick overall, and for all but the most discerning, high level, player (probably not the majority of the people here- and not myself either), they will never need anything more then this stick.
Pick it (or 2) up, along with the great collection of wii fighting titles- Guilty Gear XX A Core+, KIng of Fighters Orichi Saga, Samurai Showdown Anthology, and the amazing Tatsunoko vs Capcom

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']But what does TE and SE means?[/QUOTE]

Street Fighter 4 Arcade Sticks- Standard Edition and Tournament Edition

[quote name='liberaltugboat']I am going to +1 the only correct comment about this stick so far in the thread.

The shell is the same as the rest of the SF4 SE sticks, but the stick and buttons are very different. First thing, all of the micro switches that are used are the same ones used by Sanwa so they have better feel and should last longer. Second, there stick and button design is a complete due over from the original SE. The buttons no longer suffer from the sticking issue, they feel like Sanwas that need a little more pressure to press (some people even prefer their feel). As for the stick, it is almost a complete replica of a JLF (they are so close that you can swap parts from one another). No more washer issues, and no more missed corners. It is a great arcade stick overall, and for all but the most discerning, high level, player (probably not the majority of the people here- and not myself either), they will never need anything more then this stick.
Pick it (or 2) up, along with the great collection of wii fighting titles- Guilty Gear XX A Core+, KIng of Fighters Orichi Saga, Samurai Showdown Anthology, and the amazing Tatsunoko vs Capcom[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that comment!

Now I know I making a good purchase. If the price remains the same, I will buy another one next weekend.

[quote name='liberaltugboat']Street Fighter 4 Arcade Sticks- Standard Edition and Tournament Edition[/QUOTE]

I see... so basically... this Tatsunoko vs Capcom Arcade Stick has a SE shell with TE (or better) guts?

Not as good as TE innards, but more than capable. Unless you are playing eight hours a day to train for fighting tournies, the stuff inside the TvC stick is the best you're going to find. Can't really beat the price either - these were originally $70 or $80, and the original SE sticks for the 360/PS3 that didn't have parts as good as this stick also retailed for those prices.

I just tried TvC last week, and it's an absolute blast to play, and this stick makes the experience a LOT of fun. It's easy to drag noobs into playing too, because you can pull off combos and super moves easily in the beginning. So you can get all sorts of people to try it out.

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']It's exactly like an SE with a different graphic and different colored buttons.
So it's not the greatest stick out there, but as far as I know it's the best one available on the Wii since they never made a TE for Wii.
You can always replace the Japanese knockoff buttons and stick with Sanwa JLF stick and Sanwa buttons if you're ready to take that step.

-FrankCastleAZ[/QUOTE]

No, the parts in the TvC stick are much better than in the SE. It's not the same stick aside from the case and graphic.

[quote name='hobbie8046']Just for everyone wondering, it is actually just an SE stick.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']It's exactly like an SE with a different graphic and different colored buttons.

-FrankCastleAZ[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to clear this up (even though some people already did; thanks for doing research) !

The Tatsunoko VS Capcom FightStick is not the same as an SE stick (as noted). This has completely re-engineered parts as mentioned and IMO are the best stock parts that are not named Sanwa or Seimitsu currently on the market.

[quote name='liberaltugboat']Pick it (or 2) up, along with the great collection of wii fighting titles- Guilty Gear XX A Core+, KIng of Fighters Orichi Saga, Samurai Showdown Anthology, and the amazing Tatsunoko vs Capcom[/QUOTE]

Is this decent for shmups like Ultimate Shooting Collection and Castle of Shikagami? I'm more of a pad player (both fighting and shmup) but I've been thinking of getting one of these to see if I like playing with an arcade stick.

[quote name='MarkMan']Just wanted to clear this up (even though some people already did; thanks for doing research) !

The Tatsunoko VS Capcom FightStick is not the same as an SE stick (as noted). This has completely re-engineered parts as mentioned and IMO are the best stock parts that are not named Sanwa or Seimitsu currently on the market.[/QUOTE]

And what do you know about fightsticks?

If anyone is to tell me I'm wrong (which I was) it's MarkMan. :p

-FrankCastleAZ

[quote name='battra92']Is this decent for shmups like Ultimate Shooting Collection and Castle of Shikagami? I'm more of a pad player (both fighting and shmup) but I've been thinking of getting one of these to see if I like playing with an arcade stick.[/QUOTE]

^ Yes it's fine.

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']And what do you know about fightsticks?

If anyone is to tell me I'm wrong (which I was) it's MarkMan. :p

-FrankCastleAZ[/QUOTE]

haha no worries. i don't expect many ppl to know about the Wii stick. ;)

picked it up at $38.19 plus free shipping before the price starts rising again.....hate playing fighting games with controller but is there any other game you can use this with besides tvc?

[quote name='drunkenxsouljah']picked it up at $38.19 plus free shipping before the price starts rising again.....hate playing fighting games with controller but is there any other game you can use this with besides tvc?[/QUOTE]

Well... the Wii has actually a lot of hardcore classic fighting games, both in compilation discs and VC. Thing is, those games are local multiplayer only, with Tatsunoko vs Capcom being one of the few fighting games on the Wii with Online Play.

You can buy King of Fighters Collection - The Orochi Saga, Samurai Shodown Anthology, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus... plus, a lot of VC games.

Heck, even games like Metal Slug Anthology will work great with the Arcade Stick.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']Well... the Wii has actually a lot of hardcore classic fighting games, both in compilation discs and VC. Thing is, those games are local multiplayer only, with Tatsunoko vs Capcom being one of the few fighting games on the Wii with Online Play.

You can buy King of Fighters Collection - The Orochi Saga, Samurai Shodown Anthology, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus... plus, a lot of VC games.

Heck, even games like Metal Slug Anthology will work great with the Arcade Stick.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that most of those are all on PS2 also.

You can also use it with VC games, if you want something to replicate the NES Advantage. Much like how shmups play better on the 360/PS3 with TE/SEs.

[quote name='Gosha']The problem is that most of those are all on PS2 also.[/QUOTE]

exactly I already have most of those games on the ps2 and play with my 60gb ps3 with stick, I meant wii exclusive or nintendo only titles

bread's done
Back