Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread

I think it's tied to how much TF2 you played in the last week/two weeks. If you've been playing a lot consistently the drop rate gets slower, if you haven't touched it in a while it's faster.

If you're not getting drops and you haven't been playing it lately it might just be acting slow. Sometimes when you start the game up again you'll immediately get a message of "You have new items!".

[quote name='SqueeMK2']I think it's tied to how much TF2 you played in the last week/two weeks. If you've been playing a lot consistently the drop rate gets slower, if you haven't touched it in a while it's faster.

If you're not getting drops and you haven't been playing it lately it might just be acting slow. Sometimes when you start the game up again you'll immediately get a message of "You have new items!".[/QUOTE]

http://www.tf2wiki.net/wiki/Item_drop_system

Hi guys, quick question here. Can you turn off blood, gore, and language in TF2? Whether it be through game or through another file? Thanks :D

[quote name='pram12']Hi guys, quick question here. Can you turn off blood, gore, and language in TF2? Whether it be through game or through another file? Thanks :D[/QUOTE]

Well, there's no bad language but you can turn the gibs into silly wacky stuff if you don't dig gore.

Birthday mode servers and censored versions of Team Fortress 2 have completely different types of gibs. These can also be enabled client-side by adding "-sillygibs" in the "Set Launch Options" in properties.

http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Gibs#Birthday_mode_gibs

Could someone briefly explain item drops to me? Do you just randomly get items after playing for awhile or what? I've looked through a few wikis but they all assume I know the basics. I'm switching from the 360 version to the PC one and it's quite different of course.

[quote name='mistymayem']Could someone briefly explain item drops to me? Do you just randomly get items after playing for awhile or what? I've looked through a few wikis but they all assume I know the basics. I'm switching from the 360 version to the PC one and it's quite different of course.[/QUOTE]

I think it's something like a 20% chance to get a drop, every 20 minutes. There's some weekly cap, 15 or so from my experience.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']I think it's something like a 20% chance to get a drop, every 20 minutes. There's some weekly cap, 15 or so from my experience.[/QUOTE]
I mean do they just appear or what?

[quote name='mistymayem']I mean do they just appear or what?[/QUOTE]
The item drops occur without notifying you; after this occurs, the game will notify you and you'll receive the item (which goes straight to your backpack) the next time you die.

[quote name='Guerrilla']The item drops occur without notifying you; after this occurs, the game will notify you and you'll receive the item (which goes straight to your backpack) the next time you die.[/QUOTE]

I just came back to post I got something. Thanks!

Since this is the discussion thread for it, I'm guessing this is where I request to join the Steam group since it is invite only. Started playing it last night and it is fun.

Edit: Oh yea my Steam name is Josh5890

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh shit, look what I got with my free festive key!

unusualhat.jpg

Flipped Trilby with Ghosts

Shame I only have four hours clocked with the Scout out of like 650+

I unlocked a Madame Dixie (bleh) but I'm enjoying the free key/double drops week so much I bought my first item (another key) and unlocked a Defiant Spartan. 1/3 of my 900+ hr playtime goes to Soldier so I'm very happy.

Now I'm going after all the hats. I set up a bit of a chart of all the Hats (and Vintage Lugermorph) that I do not own.

spreadsheet.png

Opened up three of my Xmas Crates and got crap (2x Fists of Steel, 1x Back Scratcher).

I did however finally get enough metal to craft a hat, wound up with the Brigade Helm. Since that was my third Pyro hat (had that, the Handyman's Handle, and the Old Guadalajara) I decided to craft the Brigade Helm and Old Guadalajara together. I was pleasantly surprised and wound up getting the Berliners Bucket Helm (best Medic hat IMO).

I also traded that God awful gas mask that I got from Killing Floor for the Detective Noir. Now I've got a hat for each class aside from the Engineer.

http://www.tf2items.com/id/waylo

Not sure if you guys are a vintage collectors or not, if not I was wondering if anyone might have a Vintage Fosters Facade and Stockbrokers Scarf you would be willing to swap for my regular editons of these items. For Christmas, I have been trying to complete all my Vintage list and these are the last few items I need to switch over.

Happy Holidays

[quote name='Sporadic']Oh shit, look what I got with my free festive key!

Shame I only have four hours clocked with the Scout out of like 650+[/QUOTE]

Lucky, I only got "The Jag" for the Engineer from my crate.

[quote name='Sporadic']Oh shit, look what I got with my free festive key!

unusualhat.jpg

Shame I only have four hours clocked with the Scout out of like 650+[/QUOTE]

Hooray! I just sold that hat for $60

I guess I win Team Fortress 2 :cool:

- edit It also looks alot better since they fixed the texture glitch.

scout1t.jpg

If anyone wants to trade... I have Christmas weps, vintage weps, random weps, a few hats/misc items, paint, looking to buy hats, etc.

Send a friend invite to "HostileFire" on Steam if you want to trade. -- http://tf2b.com/?id=hostilefire

---
FOR TRADE:
---

Weapons! (I prefer 2 Weps instead of 1 Scrap)
- v. Ambassador for 1 Scrap + 1 Wep (or lv.42 for best offer)
- Amputator for 1 Scrap + 1 Wep
- v. Axtinguisher lv.31 for the same item + 2 Scrap
- Back Scratcher for 2 Weps
- v. Bonk! Atomic Punch for 1 Scrap + 1 Wep (or lv.94 for an additional 2 Scrap)
- Boston Basher for 2 Weps
- Brass Beast for 2 Scrap
- v. Buff Banner for 1 Scrap + 1 Wep
- Candy Cane for 1 Scrap
- Claidheamh Mor for 1 Scrap
- Crit-A-Cola for 2 Weps
- v. Dalokoh's Bar for 1 Reclaimed
- Darwin's Danger Shield for 1 Scrap + 1 Wep
- v. Dead Ringer for 1 Scrap + 1 Wep
- Degreaser for 1 Scrap + 1 Wep
- v. Equalizer for 1 Scrap + 1 Wep
- v. Eyelander for 1 Scrap + 1 Wep
- Fists of Steel for 1 Scrap + 1 Wep
- Frying Pan for 1 Reclaimed + 1 Scrap + 1 Wep
- v. Huntsman lv.68 for the same item + 2 Scrap
- v. Razorback for 1 Scrap + 1 Wep
- v. Sandman for 1 Scrap + 1 Wep (or lv.22 for an additional 2 Scrap)
- v. Sandvich lv. 62 for the same item + 2 Scrap
- Ullapool Caber for 2 Scrap
- Warrior's Spirit for 1 Reclaimed + 3 Weps
- AND MORE. EVERY WEAPON ON PAGE 2 GOES FOR 1 SCRAP.

In need of SHOGUN PACK WEAPONS, WARRIOR'S SPIRIT, VINTAGE CRIT-A-COLA, MAD MILK, LOCH-N-LOADED or CRUSADER'S CROSSBOW for almost any item above or any item on Page 2.

I will take Dueling Mini-Games [5 uses] in place of Scrap for certain items. Ask.

Hats and misc. slot items! (Keys are always preferred)
- Dr's Dapper Topper
- Ellis Cap for 1 Reclaimed + 1 Wep
- Hotrod
- Magnificent Mongolian
- Prince Tavish's Crown
- Texas Ten Gallon
- Triboniophorus Tyrannus (lime green)
- Troublemaker's Tossle Cap lv.69
- v. Troublemaker's Tossle Cap [metal offers not wanted]
- v. Tyrant's Helm (white) [metal offers not wanted]

Paint!
- Aged Moustache Grey for 1 Reclaimed + 2 Scrap
- The Bitter Taste of Lime and Defeat
- Color No. 216-190-216 for 2 Scrap or most of any other paint
- A Color Similar to Slate for 1 Reclaimed + 1 Scrap + 1 Wep or most of any other paint
- Noble Hatter's Violet for 1 Reclaimed + 1 Scrap + 1 Wep or most of any other paint
- Pink As Hell
- Team Spirit for 1 Key + sweetener

Crates!
- Series #9 for 1 Scrap

I will take Dueling Mini-Games [5 uses] in place of 1 Scrap.

Miscellaneous!
- Description Tag for Name Tag or best offer
- Gift Wrap for 1 Refined
- Keys for great offer
- Unusual Haunted Metal Scrap for best offer (you provide the Gift Wrap)

---
LOOKING FOR:
---

Hats and misc. slot items! (Hats or misc items must be clean/painted is fine)
- Berliner's Bucket Helm
- Bill's Hat
- Blighted Beak for 3 Refined
- Chieftain's Challenge
- Detective Noir
- Earbuds
- Essential Accessories for Scout
- Fancy Fedora, Frenchman's Beret or Magistrate's Mullet for 1 Refined or best offer
- Familiar Fez
- Hero's Hachimaki
- Lumbricus Lid for 4 Refined
- v. Master's Yellow Belt for 2 Refined + 1 Reclaimed
- The Milkman for 2 Refined + 1 Reclaimed
- v./Physician's Procedure Mask
- Samur-Eye
- Scotch Bonnet
- v./Whiskered Gentleman
- OTHER HATS/VINTAGE HATS/MISC. ITEMS. LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE. MAKE OFFERS.

Weapons!
- Rocket Jumper
- Sharpened Volcano Fragment
- Sticky Jumper
- Sun-on-a-Stick
- Unusual Horseless Headless Horsemann's Headtaker (clean)

Miscellaneous!
- Backpack Expander
- Lv.0 vintage weapons
- Lv.100 vintage weapons
- Name your paint and price
- Keys for 1 Refined + 1 Reclaimed

Send a friend invite to "HostileFire" on Steam if you want to trade. -- http://tf2b.com/?id=hostilefire

*kept up-to-date more often at GameFAQs

Notice that no one had a Team Fortress 2 thread on here?
You can just discuss about the game and maybe set up CAG game nights? (hint, hint)

I have heard that on 4/7/11, there will be a HUGE update to celebrate TF2's 200th Update! Keep your eyes peeled on this one

[quote name='Cheddahz']Ughh.....maybe we could just start it again? Since the other thread is basically dead[/QUOTE]

It's not dead, per se. Most of the CAG members that play that game meet up on STEAM/Xfire from the thread. I see them all the time on the list. Playing it at different intervals. Bump old thread. Join the groups that are already made.

Just started getting into this again recently. Just as fun as I remember if not more. Since I last played regularly they updated the Soldier, Demoman, and Engineer (my favorite class YAY!) and added the new item shop and ability to trade items with each other. I mean it's just amazing the support Valve has given this game, it's like a completely different game from when it launched in the Orange Box. I still have a ton of items I need to find which is actually awesome to me, increases the re-playability ten-fold. Anyways just having a lot of fun with this game again and thought I'd share it.

I don't really play this much anymore since all of my friends pretty much decided they hate the game over night. The only time I ever launch the game anymore is to idle since it's pretty easy to make some quick extra cash by selling hats and shit.

Has anyone played with the new update CO-OP Mann v. Machine. I played with crappy people for about 20 minutes and we couldn't get past wave 1. I enjoyed what I played, hopefully get to play more this weekend.

Takes like 30 minutes to find a game since I refuse to pay a dollar every time to play on Valves servers. So far been able to play like five total minutes. Every time the bots spawned the server lagged to hell.

I've played a little bit of MvM. Dropped a dollar on a ticket to play on Valve servers; however, I have yet to beat a mission, so I'm able to keep using my ticket.

Overall, I think that it is only OK. The game type is balanced for 6 players who work cohesively as a unit. After a few hours of playing yesterday, I found that the type of teamwork required is pretty rare in a room full of randoms.

MvM is okay. I'm not paying for it, but still. Not bad. Once they restructure the pricing, boost server support, and give it regular tweaks the way they do conventional PvP, it'll make them good money.

There's a lot of crazy shit they'll be able to do under the MvM mode, they can more fully support this growing Mann Co. backstory with some kind of weird campaign/story mode in MvM.

bread's done
Back