Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread

I can't see me really using any of the weapons but they're goofy so it's kind of fun.

BTW, 7/35 Achievements so far so I haven't used the weapon

If you don't have the whole loadout by now, you are a loser.

"Nice hustle, tons of fun! Next time eat a salad." That's just brilliant.

[quote name='Nohbdy']If you don't have the whole loadout by now, you are a loser.[/quote]

and why are they a loser? i would love to hear your reasoning on this.

just got all the weapons for the scout
sandman is freaking hilarious!...especially when i had to use the taunt for out of the park :lol:

How hard is it to get into this game? I have been debating picking it up for awhile but am really intimidated. I like a lot of FPSers and do pretty well sitting around with me and my buddies playing gears or halo but the second I go online I tend to get tossed around pretty badly....so I never play online. Playing a PC FPSer makes it doubly intimidating.

[quote name='Kayden']It's easier than living with a FFX tattoo. :p[/QUOTE]

Wow your really obsessed with me and that little tidbit. Kind of scary......seriously you mention it in like every topic.

You have a link to it in your sig. Every time you post I'm reminded of it. I don't really care, it's just like taking a crack at the kid with a mullet. It's easier to just give in and go to hell for it later.

TF2 is very easy to play. It's hard to be good at, but so are most games. Just play an engineer and stay out of the way, or play a heavy with a medic stuck on your ass. If you find a server too competitive, just join another.
[quote name='MSI Magus']Wow your really obsessed with me and that little tidbit. Kind of scary......seriously you mention it in like every topic.[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']You have a link to it in your sig. Every time you post I'm reminded of it. I don't really care, it's just like taking a crack at the kid with a mullet. It's easier to just give in and go to hell for it later.

TF2 is very easy to play. It's hard to be good at, but so are most games. Just play an engineer and stay out of the way, or play a heavy with a medic stuck on your ass. If you find a server too competitive, just join another.[/quote]

I also have a question about this. I'm getting back into playing TF2 again, after L4D got me into the habit of opening steam up.

I'm not very good(11 points in one life is my record), are there "newbie" servers that I should look for?

Also, I've yet to unlock any of the unlockables for any of the classes, is there anything in particular you guys did for these, besides the achievement whoreing servers?

I don't think I've ever seen a server marked specifically as noob, but just try any one of them. If you don't like it, try another.

As for the achievements, Sporadic keeps mentioning some kind of unlocker, but I don't know how much I'd trust it.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I also have a question about this. I'm getting back into playing TF2 again, after L4D got me into the habit of opening steam up.

I'm not very good(11 points in one life is my record), are there "newbie" servers that I should look for?

Also, I've yet to unlock any of the unlockables for any of the classes, is there anything in particular you guys did for these, besides the achievement whoreing servers?[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']:rofl:

Naaaaa-nununnnnaaaaahhhh[/QUOTE]

:rofl: I love that line.

I haven't had a chance to try it out, but can Pyros airblast the baseball back at scouts?

[quote name='BlueScrote']I'm not very good(11 points in one life is my record), are there "newbie" servers that I should look for?[/QUOTE]I always see servers that say "noobs welcome" or whatever. I've found the TF2 community to be pretty noob-friendly in general (more helping you out than yelling at you). But like Kayden said, if you don't like the server, just go to another one. I'm really new to PC FPS, but I've found TF2 to be a good way to get into it.

for newbs, i think medics are the best - you instantly help out, you get to be in the action and get to know the maps (90% of being good at TF2), and learn how team dynamics work (do not pop your uber cherry early!)

I hate being a medic on a good server. Everyone goes strait for your ass.
[quote name='Sleepkyng']for newbs, i think medics are the best - you instantly help out, you get to be in the action and get to know the maps (90% of being good at TF2), and learn how team dynamics work (do not pop your uber cherry early!)[/quote]

I spent some time playing Fortress Forever. I think it's pretty much exactly was TF2 was originally going to be. I don't like it as much as the real thing, but that's probably because it's missing Valves polish. It feels almost exactly like TFC with updated textures and a few tweaks. Best of all, IT HAS GRENADES!

[quote name='MSI Magus']How hard is it to get into this game? I have been debating picking it up for awhile but am really intimidated. I like a lot of FPSers and do pretty well sitting around with me and my buddies playing gears or halo but the second I go online I tend to get tossed around pretty badly....so I never play online. Playing a PC FPSer makes it doubly intimidating.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty simple.

TF2 was my first real FPS that I really played with a keyboard and mouse. I just dived into the deep end and after I got a handle on the controls/learned the maps/player behavor, I would consider myself a good player.

The real key is to find a good server. I started on 2fort2furious, a goon ran server, that not only has a ton of great players but is kind of not that serious and runs a ton of custom maps. Now I play on a normal basic server that is almost always full at night.

So guys do we have a bunch of CAGs that play togeather? Any kinda 'clan' or server we play on? Just would hate to jump in and be alone. :X

Considering buying it for 10bucks, wana see if I have people to play with first though.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']So guys do we have a bunch of CAGs that play togeather? Any kinda 'clan' or server we play on? Just would hate to jump in and be alone. :X

Considering buying it for 10bucks, wana see if I have people to play with first though.[/QUOTE]

You really don't need to be with people to fully enjoy the game. At worst, you can join a clan server, talk on the mic and get to know people. Once you are considered a regular, it's fine. Very easy to meet and talk with people.

There's a few CAGs that have played in the same server, but I don't think anyone has actually organized an actual CAG gamenight or anything. It may be an issue with regional servers, and not actually having a server of our own, but feel free to join that CAG Steam group and invite people to whatever server you're playing in.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']So guys do we have a bunch of CAGs that play togeather? Any kinda 'clan' or server we play on? Just would hate to jump in and be alone. :X

Considering buying it for 10bucks, wana see if I have people to play with first though.[/quote]

yes, i would like to know this as well. i think it'd be a lot of fun to have a CAG TF2 night or something. i'm tired of playing with a bunch of randoms. it'd be nice to be able to play with a lot of people regularly so i could get the hang of how people play.

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']It'd be really easy to get a server and 'clan'. Figure out the price and have CAGs donate. Maybe this should be somthing we think about? :)[/quote]

Actually, we had this before. Back when TF2 launched. I was the leader of it, however that failed miserably and I don't like to talk about it much. :lol:

[quote name='darthbudge']Actually, we had this before. Back when TF2 launched. I was the leader of it, however that failed miserably and I don't like to talk about it much. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Why'd it fail?

(Obviously ignore the latter part of your comment.)

[quote name='Trollsmeesh']Why'd it fail?

(Obviously ignore the latter part of your comment.)[/quote]

Well, basically, my internet was total shit and it made it extremely hard for me to play at the time. Because of this, I just lost interest in playing the game. Others did step-up and try to lead it, however they were busy and things just didn't go well.

We actually pitched in and purchased a server for a month, but it was tough to get it set-up correctly, and we had a hard time getting people on it.

If another person wanted to try this, that is cool and I would try and play regularly, but I am certainly not going to lead anything.

[quote name='darthbudge']Well, basically, my internet was total shit and it made it extremely hard for me to play at the time. Because of this, I just lost interest in playing the game. Others did step-up and try to lead it, however they were busy and things just didn't go well.

We actually pitched in and purchased a server for a month, but it was tough to get it set-up correctly, and we had a hard time getting people on it.

If another person wanted to try this, that is cool and I would try and play regularly, but I am certainly not going to lead anything.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have a problem helping lead somthing like this, I just need to know who the players are. :) Also, things like how much servers are and how much a TS/Vent server would cost.

A few things, and then I think we'd be good to go.

I'm already running a L4D dedicated server, if you guys want to donate to my costs, I'll run a TF2 server too. =D

There's no need for a Vent server because voice is built into TF2 now.

[quote name='Kayden']I'm already running a L4D dedicated server, if you guys want to donate to my costs, I'll run a TF2 server too. =D

There's no need for a Vent server because voice is built into TF2 now.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like a decent idea as long as it will hold enough players to make this fun. :)

With that being said, how would admin controls work?

Maybe this is getitng to much for the thread. If either of you wants to talk about it, feel free to message me.

Aim:Trollsmeesh
Yahoo:Trollsmeesh
MSN:[email protected]

[quote name='Kayden']I hate being a medic on a good server. Everyone goes strait for your ass.[/QUOTE]

You need to stay significantly back as a first measure. You also need to TURN AROUND. The Medigun beam doesn't turn off when you look away. Lastly, if you're going to be in a particular area for a little bit, it's especially important to watch for spies. You can get pretty good with the Ubersaw versus Spies.

[quote name='Kayden']I'm already running a L4D dedicated server, if you guys want to donate to my costs, I'll run a TF2 server too. =D

There's no need for a Vent server because voice is built into TF2 now.[/quote]

I'd donate.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']budgie, what happened today - ping too high?

it's a fun server, but it's in the UK so maybe that's it.[/quote]

Yeah, my ping was too high.

My internet has kinda been slow today, so I didn't even bother rejoining.

I did unlock the sandman today though. It is alright, I think I would prefer to have my double jump though...

heavyeg1.jpg

[quote name='darthbudge']Yeah, my ping was too high.

My internet has kinda been slow today, so I didn't even bother rejoining.

I did unlock the sandman today though. It is alright, I think I would prefer to have my double jump though...[/quote]

the new spy update has completely changed the way that class is played.

i like it, but i miss being a ninja spy :D

Ability to equip non-primary weapons as your disguise and a massive change to backstabs. The backstab animation only plays while you're on the ground from behind and plays out almost instantly. This means you cannot stair-stab or leap off things to get back stabs.

ahahaha I love the TF2 blog

Hiring the two Old Man Murray guys was one of Valve's best moves. I credit them for the TF2 humor :D

I don't think now is a great time to play spy with the opposing team having 3+ scouts than usual. I keep bumping into them, which is no fun. I do like the option you have of equipping whatever weapon you want, but it kinda keeps me distracted from what I'm supposed to do. Meh.

bread's done
Back