Team Fortress 2 free Gold Rush weekend GOING ON NOW

Damian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Valve just released the new Gold Rush update and to promote it they're having a free TF2 weekend from May 2-4. You can preload TF2 on Steam any time this week and it will be unlocked at midnight on the 2nd.

Link.

Edit: It's going to be unlocked at noon PDT on Friday, not midnight.
Edit: Title update to show it's on.

[quote name='TheRodfather']Heh, who doesn't have TF2 yet?[/quote]
That would be me. Well, at least the PC version. I don't know if my notebook can handle it, since it couldn't even run Half-Life 2. Still, I'm definitely going to give this a try to see once and for all.

[quote name='EV1L ER1C']That would be me. Well, at least the PC version. I don't know if my notebook can handle it, since it couldn't even run Half-Life 2. Still, I'm definitely going to give this a try to see once and for all.[/quote]

yeah, wish I could have had that option, i thought my Notebook could run it and it turns out it can't the game runs slow on me.

Glad update is finally out... it's been a while in the waiting.

my notebook runs all the HL2 games/orangebox games. Hell, i've got timeshift runnin alright too (medium settings with some set low). I'm just worried about assassin's creed.... dunno if it will run at any kind of reasonable FPS.

If today is any indicator, people will still be trying to get the medic achievements this weekend, so it might not be the best reflection of how the game is usually played.

[quote name='Damian']Valve just released the new Gold Rush update and to promote it they're having a free TF2 weekend from May 2-4. You can preload TF2 on Steam any time this week and it will be unlocked at midnight on the 2nd.

Link.[/QUOTE]

To clarify - you can play the game for free for 3 days: May 2, 3 and 4.

[quote name='nikkai']To clarify - you can play the game for free for 3 days: May 2, 3 and 4.[/quote]
Kool beans for those that don't have it.

[quote name='Escargoexpress']If today is any indicator, people will still be trying to get the medic achievements this weekend, so it might not be the best reflection of how the game is usually played.[/quote]

True! At one point my team had 2 heavies and 7 or 8 medics! Kind of hilarious actually. I only played it for about an hour, but Gold Rush is a pretty fun so far.

[quote name='wmangr']True! At one point my team had 2 heavies and 7 or 8 medics! Kind of hilarious actually. I only played it for about an hour, but Gold Rush is a pretty fun so far.[/quote]

Goldrush hasn't appealed to me so really so far, but that could just be because, as you said, teams consist of 7 or 8 medics and a few other random classes, so it's just kinda frantic.

[quote name='saturninus']What are the Goldrush maps? I haven't tried that mode yet.[/quote]
The Payload mode is what you're asking for. Goldrush is the first map for this new mode.

Well, I guess this is good for me since I'm on the border of buying this game. Maybe if I like it I will snag one from Amazon.

Anything I should know before I get pwned?

[quote name='DisturbedZen']Well, I guess this is good for me since I'm on the border of buying this game. Maybe if I like it I will snag one from Amazon.

Anything I should know before I get pwned?[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure if this is the best time they could have done this. The new medic achievements are turning everyone into achievement whores for a while and it's really detracting from the game.

yeah, I just finished playing a round of Gold Rush and at least 20 of the 30 players were uber at the start of the map. Wow, that's real fun :/

in short: screw unlocks.

[quote name='Serik']yeah, I just finished playing a round of Gold Rush and at least 20 of the 30 players were uber at the start of the map. Wow, that's real fun :/

in short: screw unlocks.[/quote]
That's just because people are idiots. Ubers are almost always ready to go at the start of the map, however that isn't usually the best time to use it. Your defenders are going Uber to protect from the attacking Ubers so if you are a smart medic you'll just hang back and let those first Ubers wear out. Give your team a little time to do some damage after the ubers have worn off and the people needing health are running away, then rush in with your Uber and they won't often have an Uber to counter you with. People always seem to want to rush out into the fray and shoot invincible enemies while they are invincible....

bread's done
Back