Team Fortress 2 -- Free weekend starting on Thursday for PC

I'm sure most know this but I want to say it anyways. TF2 rules. It is one of the best multiplayer experiences I've ever played. I'd admire anyone waiting out for a 10 dollar deal but its easily worth the 20 for itself and the 30 for the orange box to get portal and half life 2.

[quote name='blader16']Is it just me, or will it not open when you click pre-load?[/QUOTE]

Where are you clicking "pre-load"?

You probably need to do it within Steam, which is a program. The website is a mirror of the store, so you don't have to purchase games within the program, but you need the program to download anything.

[quote name='ddrpower']Where are you clicking "pre-load"?

You probably need to do it within Steam, which is a program. The website is a mirror of the store, so you don't have to purchase games within the program, but you need the program to download anything.[/QUOTE]O, I see what I did wrong. I had to install the steam software first. Thank You.

why don't you guys that are into this not already have it through the orange box? great piece of software right there, esp after that 9.99 sale a few weeks ago? anyway I don't really care for TF2 though lol =)

i have the orange box for ps3, but valve refuses to patch the game with all the updates pc users are getting.
yes, yes, i know they're waiting for all the updates, whatever.

but seriously, i'm preloading this shit right now, and the second it drops to $9.99 im picking it up :D

I wouldn't be surprised if one day we see a $1 Team Fortress 2 sale. They want everyone to own that game.

[quote name='Clarke']I wouldn't be surprised if one day we see a $1 Team Fortress 2 sale. They want everyone to own that game.[/QUOTE]

They may want everyone to own it, but not everyone likes it. Its one of the worst multi-player shooters I've played, can't stand it. One of my best friends hates it too, while the others love it. It just isn't for everyone. I wouldn't own it if it didn't come with my $10 Orange Box.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']They may want everyone to own it, but not everyone likes it. Its one of the worst multi-player shooters I've played, can't stand it. One of my best friends hates it too, while the others love it. It just isn't for everyone. I wouldn't own it if it didn't come with my $10 Orange Box.[/QUOTE]

I have to say I'm one of the few that agree with you haha and I love VAVLe games..

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']They may want everyone to own it, but not everyone likes it. Its one of the worst multi-player shooters I've played, can't stand it. One of my best friends hates it too, while the others love it. It just isn't for everyone. I wouldn't own it if it didn't come with my $10 Orange Box.[/QUOTE]
wooot no way, ur kidding

Orange box was $10 a few weeks ago? Ahhhhhhhh
I just barely got my 24" widescreen lcd and 9500gt a few weeks to a month ago,
I wish I would've saw the sale at the time, I would've jumped on it so quick.

I tried the last free weekend and was glad I did. To my surprise I actually didn't enjoy it as much as Team Fortress 2 on PS3. Jankey server list that only shows 1 map. Not a fan on how much the gameplay changed with the class unlockables. 32 players is too much on most of the maps (24 is ideal, PS3 is locked at 16). Also felt it more suited for the TV than my laptop (my laptop is fine, I ran everything on high with no hiccups).

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']I tried the last free weekend and was glad I did. To my surprise I actually didn't enjoy it as much as Team Fortress 2 on PS3. Jankey server list that only shows 1 map. Not a fan on how much the gameplay changed with the class unlockables. 32 players is too much most of the maps (24 is ideal, PS3 is locked at 16). Also felt it more suited for the TV than my laptop (my laptop is fine, I ran everything on high with no hiccups).[/QUOTE]

Don't listen to this nay-sayah ;). This game is the best team-oriented PC online shooter out there. You cannot beat the class balance. Game balance that rivals StarCraft.

I'm done with it and don't really revisit but that's after 120 hours of playing as a demoman...trust me. Find a friendly server, make it your favorite and you're good to go.

Dustbowl was the only map I would ever play. But there are plenty of other good ones, too.

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']I tried the last free weekend and was glad I did. To my surprise I actually didn't enjoy it as much as Team Fortress 2 on PS3. Jankey server list that only shows 1 map. Not a fan on how much the gameplay changed with the class unlockables. 32 players is too much on most of the maps (24 is ideal, PS3 is locked at 16). Also felt it more suited for the TV than my laptop (my laptop is fine, I ran everything on high with no hiccups).[/QUOTE]

What exactly is a jankey server list? Team Fortress 2's server list is like every other Valve game, very easy to use and navigate, you may have had the "simple" server list checked.

And 32 players is amazing, perfect for pretty much every map, 24 players is just to empty.

I've got two copies of the Orange box sealed for PC if anyone is looking to pick them up... shipping will be $2 with paypal tracking, 12 total shipped asap.

I'll mail them tomorrow....

As for the updates, can't wait, at least this time they are doing the sniper and spy at the same time.

For some reason, the default server list is now sorted by map, but you can switch back to the classic server browser.
32 players is crowded, and the game was only officially supposed to support 24 players.

[quote name='xycury']I've got two copies of the Orange box sealed for PC if anyone is looking to pick them up... shipping will be $2 with paypal tracking, 12 total shipped asap.

I'll mail them tomorrow....

As for the updates, can't wait, at least this time they are doing the sniper and spy at the same time.[/QUOTE]

I wish I still had my paypal account :cry: I would buy one from you in a heartbeat
But anyways, thanks to the OP for this. What a great game.

I'm new at the steam client thing. i downloaded TF2 but after it installed it just tell me to perches the game. how is it so i can try it out before i buy it.

Downloading now.

I'm not sure if my laptop can handle TF2, so this gives me the perfect opportunity to find out!

[quote name='Reck_Havoc']What exactly is a jankey server list? Team Fortress 2's server list is like every other Valve game, very easy to use and navigate, you may have had the "simple" server list checked.

And 32 players is amazing, perfect for pretty much every map, 24 players is just to empty.[/QUOTE]

Not to start some flame war but 32 player insta-spawn is what is ruining this game. 16-24 is a perfect amount for all Valve maps, most custom maps are aiming for the 32 player crowd now though as it seems to appeal to the general public. 32 players just becomes a sentry farm spam fast.

[quote name='rustyrage']i love tf2 on pc also. but it runs like shit on my comp. it takes like 10 minutes after i join a server to stop lagging.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me as well, but for me I was low on RAM. Then I upgraded from 1gb to 3gb and the lagging pretty much stopped.

bread's done
Back