Team Fortress 2 Haloween

I have to say, I did not like this year's event. viaduct is not that great of a map, adding pumpkins, an annoying boss and a lame underworld does not make it suck any less. Plus I have not been able to get any gifts :( I have been playing Mann Manor and getting masks then trading for costume pieces. If anyone needs masks I can hook you up, I have 10 or 12 extras.

I think eyeduct being so much like an arena map is the problem. The first day of the event was the only time people were trying to defeat monoculus.

On the plus side I do have a full set of masks so I can amuse myself, spy mask on engineer, scout mask on heavy...it amuses me.

I thought it was kinda fun. Except for the thousands of scouts scurrying about blasting you with the FaN and scooping up all the gifts the second they appeared. I only saw one gift and I managed to get to it before anybody else. Never saw another one.

Got one gift,killed the eyeball once,got to loot island and got killed. I'm force to play pyro because assholes spies and scouts.They tend to show up on our base when we're fighting the eyeball.Not to fight the eye but to stat pad and easy kills. TF2 ends when free shit is involved.

It was quite annoying when I got to Loot Island the first time and got killed on the stairs. I was so pissed

But I played for 4 hours.. and got there again, I used the Heavy because I wasn't taking any chances, and in doing so I ended up with most of the achievements for Halloween, excluding the Crafting one.

In terms of playing, this map got old very fast and the gifts were more of a problem because so many gifts, spawn points so close to each other... this map begged for gift farming mods (like skial's autoqueue servers) and people were more interested in griefing than defeating Mono. Maybe mono's death should result in gifts given to the people who killed him (or caused most damage).

Once I learned at least some of the manor spawn points were, I was able to get the mask gifts... not with ease but I did manage to get ~20 in the course of a week. Of course I did play many, many hours.

I hope they do the gift thing again next year but hope they offer fewer different items. 27+ is too many.

bread's done
Back