Team ICO Collection - Releases 9/6/11 @ Best Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

hagz

CAGiversary!
Not sure if this has been posted because it's not really a deal but most places have this as being released on 9/27/11. I just put an order in for in-store pickup tomorrow along with Driver SF and both games are in process. It may just be a misprint on the website but I'll let you know if this works out because it may be a location only thing.

Link to the game.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ICO+and...=1218303650414&skuId=1972853&st=ico&lp=4&cp=1

iirc, best buy broke the street date for disgaea 4 -had it in stock/on the shelf ina b&m- but when a CAG went to buy it, they wouldn't sell it to him because when it scanned it said preorder/ goes on sale september whatever day. might wanna add ymmv to the the title since u might get it or u might not. hope u get it though

So this is the 2nd or 3rd thread made to announce a game has been released in past week or so? Where exactly is the DEAL? I mean considering this is a deals section you would expect a deal.

If you want to announce a release do it in the general gaming section, or in this case the ps3 section. Since those are for news and discussions and such.

Or are we adding release dates into the deals sections a long with MSRP and collectors editions?

[quote name='gargus']So this is the 2nd or 3rd thread made to announce a game has been released in past week or so? Where exactly is the DEAL? I mean considering this is a deals section you would expect a deal.

If you want to announce a release do it in the general gaming section, or in this case the ps3 section. Since those are for news and discussions and such.

Or are we adding release dates into the deals sections a long with MSRP and collectors editions?[/QUOTE]

If people can get the game nearly 3 weeks early, I and many others would assume that to be a pretty good deal. No harm, no foul

[quote name='gargus']So this is the 2nd or 3rd thread made to announce a game has been released in past week or so? Where exactly is the DEAL? I mean considering this is a deals section you would expect a deal.

Or are we adding release dates into the deals sections a long with MSRP and collectors editions?[/QUOTE]

I think people are doing it just to annoy you, and it's working.

[quote name='WatchdogXC']If people can get the game nearly 3 weeks early, I and many others would assume that to be a pretty good deal. No harm, no foul[/QUOTE]

I am also happy to know this game may somehow be out this week. I'll be able to use RZ certs at best buy. Deal or not, its newsworthy (if true!)

Thanks for the heads-up; went ahead and placed an in-store pickup order to see if it actually pans out. I've been looking forward to finishing SotC but with an actual fluid framerate.

I think maybe what this board needs is a thread for one-offs like these. Sure, it's not actually a deal - 3 weeks early or not, it's still the same price - but people would want to know. So there should be a way of spreading the word without using forums a lot of people skip.

sorry folks I just got an email that said the game will not be available tomorrow. Sorry to get everybody's hopes up.

We're sorry, but the item you ordered is not available for pickup at the MANSFIELD MA Best Buy store #xxxx.

If you still want this product, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) to check product availability at a different store or warehouse, or to have the item shipped via free standard shipping. Please contact us within 8 days to choose one of these options. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

If you no longer want this product, you do not need to take any action. we will cancel this order in 8 days and your credit card will not be charged. If you paid with PayPal, your PayPal account will be credited. If you used a Gift Card, your card will be credited. If you used a Reward Certificate, points will be reissued to your Reward Zone program account within 3-5 days.

Item details are listed below.

Thank you.
Best Buy Customer Service

ORDER DETAILS Order date: 09/05/2011
GLOBAL_Spacer.gif
BESTBUY.COM Order number: BBY01-413203017022 QTY PRODUCT DESCRIPTION STATUS 1 ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection-PlayStation 3
SKU: 1972853
Not available at MANSFIELD MA store 1140; call Customer Care at 1-888-BESTBUY.

Ico and SoTC on the same disc for only $40? What a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back