Tecmo Bowl Throwback League Disbanded

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ubernes']Raiders def Chargers 21-0 at home.

edit: second game, Raiders def. Chargers 3-0.

Both games were a bit laggy, but nothing game breaking. Definitely not something I'd want to play come playoffs, but it wasn't too bad. The 2nd game was a big run + defense game. He had over 100+ yards with me with his back and I had a good amount with both backs especially late in the game. My one field goal made the difference as I stopped him on 4th and I think 1 on the goal line. Crazy game.[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! yeah, I think i had 1st or 2nd down inside the 5 -- that defense stepped it up!! ..... I cant kick a field goal at all, and that was the only time i got inside your 30 yard line, so I attempted the 4th and millimeters play!!!

I didnt really experience any lag ... so I hope its not my issue

BTW!!! I really appreciate that Mr Row did not just run the clock on that last drive ... I know I could have called time outs, but did not because he kept calling plays (and this was a 3-0 game where he started his final drive on his goalline) ... not that there is anything wrong with running the clock, but that is true Tecmo Spirit!!

I think most any fan of the old tecmo games would say they are classics...so that is why i said they screwed up a classic because this is not the same game, the teams and players being the biggest difference...basically all the players are the same skill level, whereas the old ones had all the real teams, players, and player abilities coded in. I have used 5 or 6 different squads, and not one of them is better than the other, this game sorely needed player ratings. Thats cool that you like the game dude, i just don't...i think its a waste of time actually, rather play APF 2K8.

[quote name='OblivionScamp']I think most any fan of the old tecmo games would say they are classics...so that is why i said they screwed up a classic because this is not the same game, the teams and players being the biggest difference...basically all the players are the same skill level, whereas the old ones had all the real teams, players, and player abilities coded in. I have used 5 or 6 different squads, and not one of them is better than the other, this game sorely needed player ratings. Thats cool that you like the game dude, i just don't...i think its a waste of time actually, rather play APF 2K8.[/QUOTE]

You seriously do not know what you're talking about. You've already been corrected, so you can either learn from what everybody said or just drop the subject.

[quote name='OblivionScamp']I think most any fan of the old tecmo games would say they are classics...so that is why i said they screwed up a classic because this is not the same game, the teams and players being the biggest difference...basically all the players are the same skill level, whereas the old ones had all the real teams, players, and player abilities coded in. I have used 5 or 6 different squads, and not one of them is better than the other, this game sorely needed player ratings. Thats cool that you like the game dude, i just don't...i think its a waste of time actually, rather play APF 2K8.[/QUOTE]

You are joking right? Please say you are joking. Barry Sanders and Emmit Smith in the game can run circles all day around most of the defense. Deion Sanders can cover the whole entire field. Warren Moon and Elway can throw 50 yard bombs for accuracy in the game. Anderson and Lowery can kick 55 yard fg's for accuracy.

Go play a game against New England. You will notice how great the Cowboys and Bills are. When your team can run for 100 yards and throw for 300 more in short 5 minute quarters.

[quote name='budz']I'll be around pretty much all day. Give me a buzz if you wanna play![/QUOTE]

As will I, so will do.

I finally pieced together my schedule, and figured out I'm 9-2! :D

Week 1: Raiders def. Colts, 9-3 in OT
Week 2: Raiders def. Giants, 7-0
Week 3: Broncos @ Raiders (III Hydrox III)
Week 4: Oilers def. Raiders, 33-7
Week 5: Raiders def. Dolphins, 24-7
Week 6: Raiders def. Bengals, 30-7
Week 7: Raiders def. Chiefs, 14-9
Week 8: Raiders def. Cardinals, 14-0
Week 9: Cowboys @ Raiders (EastX)
Week 11: Raiders def. Chargers, 3-0
Week 12: Raiders def. Chiefs, 14-7
Week 13: Raiders @ Bucs (Budz04)
Week 14: Bills def. Raiders, 24-6
Week 15: Raiders @ Broncos (III Hydrox III)
Week 16: Raiders @ Eagles (Tha IllusiveMan)

Week 17: Raiders def. Chargers, 21-0

Eagles def. Raiders, 7-6, Week 16.

UGH. It was a great game, but I really blew it at the end. 25 seconds left on his 25-30 and instead of just booting it in for the W I went for the pass, figuring I had time to call timeout or just throw an incomplete pass. Nope. Tim Brown catches it on the 2, gets held up by a defender and not only doesn't break the tackle but wastes the clock trying to. Tough loss, but gg.

Now 9-3. :/ I need to end the season strong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dude, I'm fine with people having different opinions about things. Some people like the new 3D. Some people think it's atrocious. That's fine. That's an opinion. But what you're stating is flat out wrong, and just makes you look ignorant. The only thing different about this game from the original is that it doesn't have the NFL license (and of course that it has online play, but that's pretty obvious).

Go into the "team data" screen and look at the rosters. You'll see that players have "maximum speed" ratings, and "power" ratings, and lots of other ratings. Every team IS NOT the same. Again, I'm not going to say there's something wrong with you for not liking the game. That's your choice. But don't spread bad information. That's uncalled for.

Typical new yorker scum of the earth post...congrats dude you like a bad game have fun with it. I said nothing but an opinion on the game, no where did i sound ignorant at all. That is just something you cooked up on your own to try and make me look like a CAG Idiot(whatever tha hell that is) do you really think i care if i am known as the CAG Idiot? I don't, and i will continue to post in this thread until you admit this game is flawed on both sides of the ball. I am not seeing the player ratings translate to anything on the field, big difference...that is why this game is flawed, player ratings are meaningless. Please become a fan of a real team like the Phillies, then i may take your opinion more seriously.

[quote name='OblivionScamp']Typical new yorker scum of the earth post...congrats dude you like a bad game have fun with it. I said nothing but an opinion on the game, no where did i sound ignorant at all. That is just something you cooked up on your own to try and make me look like a CAG Idiot(whatever tha hell that is) do you really think i care if i am known as the CAG Idiot? I don't, and i will continue to post in this thread until you admit this game is flawed on both sides of the ball.[/QUOTE]

Now you're just trolling. It was nice knowing you.

[quote name='OblivionScamp']Typical new yorker scum of the earth post...congrats dude you like a bad game have fun with it. I said nothing but an opinion on the game, no where did i sound ignorant at all. That is just something you cooked up on your own to try and make me look like a CAG Idiot(whatever tha hell that is) do you really think i care if i am known as the CAG Idiot? I don't, and i will continue to post in this thread until you admit this game is flawed on both sides of the ball. I am not seeing the player ratings translate to anything on the field, big difference...that is why this game is flawed, player ratings are meaningless. Please become a fan of a real team like the Phillies, then i may take your opinion more seriously.[/QUOTE]

I think you're remembering the wrong game. This is the SNES version, not the NES version. Also, you're an asshole and the second person to ever end up in my block list. Goodbye.

**And for the rest of the people in this thread, if we don't quote the man then we'll never see him**

i said nothing ignorant before you jumped down my throat for having an opinion on a game that you didn't like...you acted like a baby and i called you out on it....nice knowing you. Your opinion on games takes a hit when you have deadly premonition as your most recent game played....worst game ever.

Just figure I'll mention there's a good chance I won't be able to get a game in this week and may not be on much at all until I want to guess mid next week. In the middle of packing today and moving on Saturday. Probably won't pack the 360 up until Friday, but play time will probably be sparse.

Let's keep the discussion in here at a civil level. There's nothing wrong with disagreeing, though when it crosses the line into threads and personal attacks, that's not warranted.

the dude was trollin on me man, go back and read the posts, i said nothing that warranted a reply like he gave me...go back and delete this post: "WTF are you talking about? They "screwed up a classic"? It's the same game as it was 17 years ago. I've had several games that I had 100 yards rushing, and I've had games where my opponents have rushed for 100 yards. More than anything, it sounds like you don't know what you're doing or are being far too predictable. If you want good running backs, look at Buffalo, Dallas, and Detroit. What team are you using that you struggle so much?

And again, I say MIX YOUR PLAYS. Even if you're only gaining 4 yards on the ground at a time, if your opponent is defending the pass, just march down the field slowly, but surely. Drain the entire half on one drive picking up 1st downs by averaging 4 yards a play. Force him to change his style. It really just sounds like you don't have the patience to be successful at this game. It just takes the right strategy. Assess how your opponent is playing you and adapt. Also, don't play in the God awful 3D. That could be half your problem. " You either go back and delete some of his posts, or you will have a wrongful post deletion lawsuit on your hands dude.

[quote name='OblivionScamp']the dude was trollin on me man, go back and read the posts, i said nothing that warranted a reply like he gave me...go back and delete this post: "WTF are you talking about? They "screwed up a classic"? It's the same game as it was 17 years ago. I've had several games that I had 100 yards rushing, and I've had games where my opponents have rushed for 100 yards. More than anything, it sounds like you don't know what you're doing or are being far too predictable. If you want good running backs, look at Buffalo, Dallas, and Detroit. What team are you using that you struggle so much?

And again, I say MIX YOUR PLAYS. Even if you're only gaining 4 yards on the ground at a time, if your opponent is defending the pass, just march down the field slowly, but surely. Drain the entire half on one drive picking up 1st downs by averaging 4 yards a play. Force him to change his style. It really just sounds like you don't have the patience to be successful at this game. It just takes the right strategy. Assess how your opponent is playing you and adapt. Also, don't play in the God awful 3D. That could be half your problem. " You either go back and delete some of his posts, or you will have a wrongful post deletion lawsuit on your hands dude.[/QUOTE]
Classic.

[quote name='OblivionScamp']the dude was trollin on me man, go back and read the posts, i said nothing that warranted a reply like he gave me...go back and delete this post: "WTF are you talking about? They "screwed up a classic"? It's the same game as it was 17 years ago. I've had several games that I had 100 yards rushing, and I've had games where my opponents have rushed for 100 yards. More than anything, it sounds like you don't know what you're doing or are being far too predictable. If you want good running backs, look at Buffalo, Dallas, and Detroit. What team are you using that you struggle so much?

And again, I say MIX YOUR PLAYS. Even if you're only gaining 4 yards on the ground at a time, if your opponent is defending the pass, just march down the field slowly, but surely. Drain the entire half on one drive picking up 1st downs by averaging 4 yards a play. Force him to change his style. It really just sounds like you don't have the patience to be successful at this game. It just takes the right strategy. Assess how your opponent is playing you and adapt. Also, don't play in the God awful 3D. That could be half your problem. " You either go back and delete some of his posts, or you will have a wrongful post deletion lawsuit on your hands dude.[/QUOTE]

Why are you still posting in this thread? Is there any good reason?

N8, I saw that post about no patch coming, but I still hold out hope that complaints become enough they at least fix the quitting aspect.

[quote name='DestroVega']N8, I saw that post about no patch coming, but I still hold out hope that complaints become enough they at least fix the quitting aspect.[/QUOTE]

Haha, well there's nothing wrong with being an optimist ;) I hope you're right. I like having Tecmo to just play a quick random game here and there, but with people free to quit whenever they want, it really loses some of its appeal. I don't really mind people quitting, but then I feel compelled to do the same thing when I'm losing. It's that one bad apple ruining the bunch kind of thing.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Haha, well there's nothing wrong with being an optimist ;) I hope you're right. I like having Tecmo to just play a quick random game here and there, but with people free to quit whenever they want, it really loses some of its appeal. I don't really mind people quitting, but then I feel compelled to do the same thing when I'm losing. It's that one bad apple ruining the bunch kind of thing.[/QUOTE]

It's funny that quitting online has no consequence, but if I quit my single player game, I'm given the W/L based on the score at the time.

The only time quits count as losses in the single player is in competitive season. Quitting gives you a 6-0 forfeit loss. I know, because I quit one game when I was down 35-0. fucking CPU.

I'll be on in a few while I wait for my friend to get home from work. If anyone wants to get a game out of the way, shoot me a message.

Once I start playing with my friend though, forget about it.

[quote name='Matt Young']The only time quits count as losses in the single player is in competitive season. Quitting gives you a 6-0 forfeit loss. I know, because I quit one game when I was down 35-0. fucking CPU.[/QUOTE]

Ah. When I quit it actually was 6-0 lol. That sucks, I'll have to remember that.

Well, I'm logging off and my net will go down anytime between 4am - 7pm tomorrow (or so they say). Supposedly, I'm supposed to be getting a care package from our new ISP Saturday at our new location when we move, but we'll see. Could be up as early as sunday /monday, but personally, I wouldn't expect it until wednesday. We'll see and I'll update when I'm back.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']The Steelers will have to bow out till next season. WAY to busy with things right now.[/QUOTE]

I'll take over as the Steelers.

People if you cannot find 15 minutes a week for the league, please let us all know now.

[quote name='Matt Young']I thought you were already playing as another team.[/QUOTE]

What do you suggest doing than? There are 16 games from that schedule to be played.

If anybody wants to join the league as the Steelers sign up by Saturday. If not, I'll take over as them.

If the Steelers have a game against the Giants, someone please take over as one team when I play the game.

I apologize to those who wanted to get some games in with me. Any free time I've had on Xbox I've wanted to just play with my girlfriend or a buddy of mine. So yeah, might as well drop me out, 'cause other than that, my free time lately has been devoted to getting things ready for my soon-to-be born son.

I had no idea you were having a kid. Then again, I don't really know you at all, LOL. But congratulations!

I'm sorry to see you drop, but I guess that means we don't need a replacement for the Steelers, as we will have even teams. The only question is what will be done about games already played against the 2 teams. Also, the schedule.

Pac, is nychrisatl your gamertag?

Here's my schedule. I'll probably on for a little bit tonight, but not that long.

Week 1: Giants @ Cardinals (nychrisatl)
Week 2: Cowboys @ Cardinals (EastX/eastx)
Week 3: Cardinals @ Bears (Stabby Pete/Lord_Kefka)
Week 4: Cardinals @ 49ers (Zforce915/ZForce915)
Week 5: Chiefs W 28 @ Cardinals L 7 (XboxChromosome)
Week 6: Redskins @ Cardinals (coreyandtrevor/hufferstl)
Week 7: Cardinals W 16 @ Eagles L 14 (Tha IllusiveMan)
Week 8: Cardinals L 0 @ Raiders W 14 (broadway row)
Week 9: Bye
Week 10: Cardinals @ Cowboys (EastX/eastx)
Week 11: Eagles W 10 @ Cardinals L 3 (Tha IllusiveMan)
Week 12: Cardinals @ Broncos (III Hydrox III)
Week 13: Saints @ Cardinals (vampirehunter r)
Week 14: Chargers @ Cardinals (king of edmond/chembree)
Week 15: Vikings @ Cardinals (cuta/cdeener)
Week 16: Cardinals @ Redskins (coreyandtrevor/hufferstl)
Week 17: Cardinals @ Giants (nychrisatl)

Who (on CAG) are the following XBL?

vampirehunter r
nychrisatl

Week 11 Jets @ Vikings 0-21.

Jets couldn't get there offense to click. Got a few picks and ran well. Should have been closer.

Week 14: Bucs (me)12 @ Rams 0

Good solid defense all around. Got lucky with the pick and safety buddy. Thanks for the game.

State of the Union. The Majority of the league has been playing games which is a good thing. The problem is that several teams have not played a game and 2 people responded on here by quitting.

Browns, Redskins, Cowboys and Saints have yet to play a game. Huffer, I see you are making an attempt to getting games in so you do not have anything to worry about. 3 games total for the season at the very least have to be completed by next Sunday for everybody.

Cuta just sent me a friend request and I'm going to see if ZForce wants to play next time I see him on. That'd be 3 more games, meaning I'll have played 7 games total. And yes, I did just mix verb tenses.

[quote name='Matt Young']Cuta just sent me a friend request and I'm going to see if ZForce wants to play next time I see him on. That'd be 3 more games, meaning I'll have played 7 games total. And yes, I did just mix verb tenses.[/QUOTE]

I should rephrase that. 3 games total. 1 Per week. You already have 4 completed.

Yeah, I know. I was just stating that, after a good amount of time not being in touch with anyone else in the league, it looks like I'll be playing again soon, which is good.

I'm going to be on tonight and will leave my 360 on while I play Portal on my Mac (woohoo for that!) I can pause that at any time to fit in a Tecmo game. Here's my schedule:

Note: "nychrisatl" doesn't exist on Xbox Live. What's the correct gamer tag??? Zforce915 (49ers) - you haven't accepted my friend request, so make sure you do so!

Week 1: Giants @ Cardinals (nychrisatl)
Week 2: Cowboys @ Cardinals (EastX/eastx)
Week 3: Cardinals @ Bears (Stabby Pete/Lord_Kefka)
Week 4: Cardinals @ 49ers (Zforce915/ZForce915)
Week 5: Chiefs W 28 @ Cardinals L 7 (XboxChromosome)
Week 6: Redskins @ Cardinals (coreyandtrevor/hufferstl)
Week 7: Cardinals W 16 @ Eagles L 14 (Tha IllusiveMan)
Week 8: Cardinals L 0 @ Raiders W 14 (broadway row)
Week 9: Bye
Week 10: Cardinals @ Cowboys (EastX/eastx)
Week 11: Eagles W 10 @ Cardinals L 3 (Tha IllusiveMan)
Week 12: Cardinals @ Broncos (III Hydrox III)
Week 13: Saints @ Cardinals (vampirehunter r)
Week 14: Chargers @ Cardinals (king of edmond/chembree)
Week 15: Vikings @ Cardinals (cuta/cdeener)
Week 16: Cardinals @ Redskins (coreyandtrevor/hufferstl)
Week 17: Cardinals @ Giants (nychrisatl)

Remaining Schedule:
WEEK 1 - Dolphins @ Chargers - king of edmond
WEEK 3 - Steelers @ Dolphins - vulcan7905
WEEK 4 - Dolphins @ Vikings - cuta
WEEK 6 - Dolphins @ Colts - regian
WEEK 7 - Jets @ Dolphins - DAHULK247
WEEK 11 - Colts @ Dolphins - regian
WEEK 12 - Dolphins @ Bengals - Nateeasy
WEEK 14 - Dolphins @ Chiefs - XboxChromosome
WEEK 15 - Browns @ Dolphins - Millertime2325
WEEK 16 - Bears @ Dolphins - Stabby Pete
WEEK 17 - Dolphins @ Jets - DAHULK247

Internet still isn't up at the house yet. Apparently Verizon sent their package a week before we even moved which caused UPS to fail on trying to deliver it. They're resending it, and supposedly we might get it tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back