Tecmo Bowl Throwback Tournament

evergoo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
tecmobowlthrowbacklogo580px.jpg

Anyone interested? The game just came out and I would love to see who is the best at Tecmo Super Bowl. If you would like to join the tournament, please post your name in the format below. We will start once we have enough players to do so.

CAG: evergoo
PSN: evergoo

For those hesitant on buying the game: If you loved the SNES/NES versions, you'll be addicted to this one especially since there are online leaderboards (best online ranking record, most passing yards, rushing yards, receiving yards, and best total offense) and easy trophies. Player and team names are editable as well as playbooks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the people on here have it for the 360. The league failed and the online is laggy for those who are not hosting the game. You also cannot edit playbooks online.

[quote name='wildcpac']Most of the people on here have it for the 360. The league failed and the online is laggy for those who are not hosting the game. You also cannot edit playbooks online.[/QUOTE]
Not everyone on here owns PS3s & 360s. :p As for lag, I haven't noticed any game-breaking lag or cheating.

The inability to edit playbooks online doesn't ruin the experience. It just requires greater strategy with team and play selection.

Lastly, this is a playoff-style tournament (not a season) which would only require a short-term commitment.

Last edited by a moderator:
The 360 league was just way too big and was poorly put together. As for the lag, I experienced it on a few occasions, but not very often. Others did complain about it, though. Maybe the extra month and a half they took for the PS3 version allowed them to work on that.

Not sure...maybe...got it late last night...ripped off a 70 yard run in a flashback moment...then went to bed. :) A "maybe"...

For anyone interested in the original SNES rosters, check this link out. I'm currently in the process of editing everything but I hate the 13 character limit per player (e.g. Webster Slaughter = Wbstr Slaughtr or W. Slaughter)

Besides setting this tourney up, my goal is to dominate the online leaderboards. :cool: I'm aiming for 5,000+ Passing Yards (>300 per game) and 3,500+ Rushing Yards (>200 per game). If only they kept track of Sacks. ;)

[quote name='evergoo']For anyone interested in the original SNES rosters, check this link out. I'm currently in the process of editing everything but I hate the 13 character limit per player (e.g. Webster Slaughter = Wbstr Slaughtr or W. Slaughter)

Besides setting this tourney up, my goal is to dominate the online leaderboards. :cool: I'm aiming for 5,000+ Passing Yards (>300 per game) and 3,500+ Rushing Yards (>200 per game). If only they kept track of Sacks. ;)[/QUOTE]

What time limit are you playing? I set it at 5 min quarters and did the "QBs are over rated" medal and only ended up with 270 yards rushing. Haven't really tried passing yet, but know I need to work on shaking tackles.

[quote name='jmbreci']What time limit are you playing? I set it at 5 min quarters and did the "QBs are over rated" medal and only ended up with 270 yards rushing. Haven't really tried passing yet, but know I need to work on shaking tackles.[/QUOTE]
5 minutes. The trophies are very easy for me but if anyone is having trouble, I suggest playing the following players:

Rushing - Barry Sanders (DET) or Thurman Thomas (BUF)
Passing - Steve Young (SF), Troy Aikman (DAL), Warren Moon (HOU), or Jim Kelly (BUF); phenomenal QBs with great WRs.
Kickoff TD - Deion Sanders (ATL)
60 yd FG - Nick Lowry (KC) or Morton Anderson (NO)

bread's done
Back