Ted Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy Pre-Order With $10 Fandango Cash

It may not be a problem for many of the CAG's, but for me, the closest theater that accepts Fandango Cash is about 30 miles away.

I've never used Fandango Cash, but for those who have, do they charge you a service fee?

[quote name='nightmare452']How do you know which theaters take Fandango cash or however it's called?[/QUOTE]

You can go on Fandango's website and it should list which theaters in your area are Fandango ticketed theaters.

In my area, the only theaters that you can use Fandango are Regal Cinemas.

Oh, okay. My theater uses Fandango Cash so I was wondering why it was a problem. And I believe they charge you a $1 service fee.

[quote name='Tsel']Oh, okay. My theater uses Fandango Cash so I was wondering why it was a problem. And I believe they charge you a $1 service fee.[/QUOTE]

If you have a regal crown card (free) or a stubs card ($12 annually) you can bypass this fee during the checkout page.

Also, Thanks You!!! I really wanted to watch this!

Personally, I can't believe they're still doing these types of promotions. I would assume that it has been abused, but maybe I'm just too cynical.

[quote name='Tsel']I'm semi-new to this, but why is it unfortunate that it's Fandango Cash?[/QUOTE]

Fandango charges a service fee. Don't know if it varies, but last time it was $1 on an $11 ticket.

Also with fandango, you have to know when you want to go. Your buying a ticket for a specific showing. Don't think you can change it.

Hollywood movie money lets you go to any theater at any time the ticket is valid and no fee.

The kellogs spiderman tickets are cool in that you can use them on any movie(not just spiderman) until 7/2013.

[quote name='bill esquivel']Fandango charges a service fee. Don't know if it varies, but last time it was $1 on an $11 ticket.

Also with fandango, you have to know when you want to go. Your buying a ticket for a specific showing. Don't think you can change it.

Hollywood movie money lets you go to any theater at any time the ticket is valid and no fee.

The kellogs spiderman tickets are cool in that you can use them on any movie(not just spiderman) until 7/2013.[/QUOTE]

Ah, that helps. I've used both before, but I guess I've just never analyzed them like that until now.

[quote name='skiizim']If you have a regal crown card (free) or a stubs card ($12 annually) you can bypass this fee during the checkout page.

Also, Thanks You!!! I really wanted to watch this![/QUOTE]

I used my crown card for abraham 3d and was still charged a $1.25 fee.

[quote name='ssjmichael']as silly as I think these promos are, I hope it happens for the amazing spider-man[/QUOTE]

You and me both, my friend.

As if the movie cash deals weren't already great, we now have these Amazon promos. At this rate, I'll never have to pay to see a movie in theaters again.

I can confirm that Fandango charges are dropped with an AMC Stubs card as I've done it with free tickets four times for Five-Year Engagement, three times with Battleship, once with Snow White and the Huntsmen, once with American Reunion, twice with Madagascar (during the B1G1 promo), and probably one or two more.

And they don't have a pre-order promo for Spider-Man, but they have $10 credits on each part of the Sam Raimi trilogy, which are $9.99 at BBY right now.

Has anyone tried using their Fandango code on a movie other than Ted? Was only sort of interested in seeing it but I think my friends would rather see Brave instead.

Saw the movie. It was good. Canceled my pre-order though.

Someone said you have to know what time to see the movie and where. While that's true, you can switch up times, just as long as it's the same day. Just be polite to customer service.

I've never done one of these deals. So one just preorders this, get the code in 48 hours, and then can cancel the preorder? Seems too good to be true ;)

Well, even if every single person cancels their order, which won't happen. I assume they will still be making money off the deal. They want you in the theater. How many people got a free ticket and went alone? You probably went with your spouse or a group of friends. They then get free word of mouth advertising. I just saw a sneak preview showing of Spiderman for free at 730 when it opened that night at midnight. Seems kind of pointless, but they want you telling other people to go.

[quote name='heyboova']Well, even if every single person cancels their order, which won't happen. I assume they will still be making money off the deal. They want you in the theater. How many people got a free ticket and went alone? You probably went with your spouse or a group of friends. They then get free word of mouth advertising. I just saw a sneak preview showing of Spiderman for free at 730 when it opened that night at midnight. Seems kind of pointless, but they want you telling other people to go.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much.
I went earlier today with five other people.

my theater doesnt accept Fandango. Too bad, my gf saw this movie and LOVED it so would have preordered this as a gift for her and used the free ticket to see it myself. Oh well

I brought something...

2iuyrzs.jpg

bread's done
Back