Teens charged in 'Mortal Kombat' death

OMG! That is both stupid & horrible. Those 2 morons should get the electric chair but only after they have been tortured for a few days!

That is horrible and saddening and I feel terrible for the girl and the parents. But I just have one question ... Mortal Kombat? That sounds like a reporter that wanted to figure out a way to blame it on a video game. Who would kids immitate Mortal Kombat these days? Thats like someone saying they were immitating Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka after jumping off a couch or something.

just what we need...a death directly related to a violent video game.now this is the kind of fuel that guys like jack thompson thrive on. stupid fucks like this is whats gonna give games bad press.

so.......a witness saw the guy kick the girl but the witness didn't do shit?

Why they blame mortal kombat? that's not the only game that you can kick and body slam.... WWF games anyone?

Trujillo and Roberts tried reviving the girl by putting her under running water and attempting CPR before they called her mother and 911, the affidavits stated. The girl died at a hospital.

What the fuck? At what point did WATERBOARDING seem like a good idea?!

~HotShotX

Sad news man. Just terrible.

These kids need to be executed or put away for life with no chance for parole. I'm sorry. Any chance of them being able to reproduce at one point is too risky.

man this reminds me of that thing where the kid had done wrestling moves on his sister and killed her. shit wtf is up with people how and where do you ever get to where you think its ok to beat up on a 6yr old? toss them both in jail and let them get passed around for smokes and chocolate. and not in a womens prison. either that or reverse the situation and let some people beat the shit out of them. man what more proof do any of us need to see the world is coming to an end?

and what pisses me of just as much as a childs senseless death is some asshole will use this as a tool to push the govts control over the gaming industry. everytime some asshole does soemthing and blames it on a game it gets used and we sensible gamers get screwed for it.

Whats worse, they are being tried as adults, but not for manslaughter. Its honorable that they are being tried as adults, but for a much less seveir penalty.

The teens were 2 and 1 years old when the first game came out. It read,

"Two teens have been charged with killing the 7-year-old sister of one of them by beating her with imitations of moves from the "Mortal Kombat" video game, prosecutors said."

and not...

"Two teens have been charged with killing the 7-year-old sister of one of them by beating her with imitations of moves from the "Mortal Kombat Armageddon" video game, prosecutors said."

This is another tragic case of parental neglect, allowing underage individuals to drink at home. It's not the fault of the game but rather the fault of the parents/family.

You know, I really think it was the 7 year old's fault.

I read in another report that she initiated mortal combat, everyone knows that if you scream "MORTAL KOMBAT!!!", its officially on.

I'm pretty sure the jury will understand that side of the issue, and realize that its not the childrens fault that mortal combat was brought, but that the school systems, and even society play a part in making sure children realize and truely understand that mortal combat MUST NOT be initiated unless it is truely wanted.

Sounds like Jax & Sonya had a little get together.

If Lamar had bionic arms and Heather did 4 hit combo, bicycle kick in the air, sweep, scissor grab... then Heather is awesome and she's going to take names in prison.

Today I got out of bed, imitating a move I saw in The Legend Of Zelda: A Link To The Past. These videogames are out of control.

[quote name='ITDEFX']so.......a witness saw the guy kick the girl but the witness didn't do shit?

Why they blame mortal kombat? that's not the only game that you can kick and body slam.... WWF games anyone?[/quote]

Dude, it's WWE. You don't wanna get sued do ya? Who the fuck plays Mortal Kombat these days? Whoever even mentioned it knows shit about games. Why blame a videogame period. Unless the kid kicked her flying 50MPH accross the room with a fly kick. This will lead to nothing.

Just seen this on digg (although linking to a different article).

I swear, years from now when the MK franchise dies a slow death, with no games having been released for aeons, stupid prosecutors will still blame Mortal Kombat for muders like these.

Honestly, who still plays Mortal Kombat? It's like blaming Custer's Revenge for rapes.

Just reading through the article once here (rather quicklY), but I'm trying to figure out how this is MK fault at all. I mean, how many games (and tv shows, and movies, and almost anything else) has some kicking in it? This really sounds more like the kids were saying what they did, then later, they were asked if they play any video games, they say MK, and someone linked the two together.

Also, these are 17 year olds (ok one 16, one 17) beating up on a 7 year old. If neither one of them could see that this was wrong, this isn't MK's fault, it's their fault. Maybe we should just be happy they only killed one person, as opposed to driving and killing 20, when they cause an accident like they saw in Burnout.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']You know, I really think it was the 7 year old's fault.

I read in another report that she initiated mortal combat, everyone knows that if you scream "MORTAL KOMBAT!!!", its officially on. [/quote]

So true, I once had to rip the spine out of every single one of my co-workers because somebody invoked "MORTAL KOMBAT!!!" Techno music spontaneosly started blasting and it was a bloody mess.

From a legal perspective, Title 75 of the Pennsylvania Consolidated statues, section 7504(a)(3) et. seq. clearly states...and I quote..."declaration of 'MORTAL KOMBAT' shall be an affirmative defense to any homicide."

Seriously though, WTF did ANY of this have to do with MK?? This article is a sad example of the need for people to justify and reason it out when something sudden and horrible happens. Humans need something to tell them that the world is not just this fucked up, that shit like this can't happen to them and that there is some reason to blame it on as to why something similar won't happen to them. It's sad. They're just searching and grasping at strings looking for a "why?"

[quote name='Dead of Knight']How the hell did they deduce that this had anything to do with MK is what I want to know.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering this while reading the article.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']You know, I really think it was the 7 year old's fault.

I read in another report that she initiated mortal combat, everyone knows that if you scream "MORTAL KOMBAT!!!", its officially on.

I'm pretty sure the jury will understand that side of the issue, and realize that its not the childrens fault that mortal combat was brought, but that the school systems, and even society play a part in making sure children realize and truely understand that mortal combat MUST NOT be initiated unless it is truely wanted.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Flawless victory.[/quote] Not really flawless since they were caught.

Had they used Friendship then that would be different.

I know. I'm going to hell.

This just in:

(1) Child prosecuted because he destroyed a stuffed animal filled with candy. It was alleged that the cause was because the child played viva pinata.

(2) 8 year old gets sued for neurosurgical malpractice because he tried surgery on his uncle after playing 2 weeks of Trauma Center.

(3) A dozen children's remains were found splattered around a wagon full of hay, which was mysteriously placed beneath a massive church steeple. Copies of Assassin's creed strategy guides werefound on two of mangled bodies.

Child shoves index finger into the eyesocket of a fellow classmate.

Prosecutors blame Phoenix Wright.

sigh.gif

[quote name='vasco']Dude, it's WWE. You don't wanna get sued do ya? Who the fuck plays Mortal Kombat these days? Whoever even mentioned it knows shit about games. Why blame a videogame period. Unless the kid kicked her flying 50MPH accross the room with a fly kick. This will lead to nothing.[/QUOTE]

oops sorry, see I am totally out of the WW thing these days, heck I haven't seen that stuff since the hulk hogan years back in the 80's.

as for who still plays MK these days? Didn't they release MK for the DS recently ?

[quote name='Dead of Knight']How the hell did they deduce that this had anything to do with MK is what I want to know.[/QUOTE]
Probably due to the guy mentioning the game. Then it's the old media over-reaction to video games trick.

"So anyway, I killed the guy after ODing on Anti-depressant pills, drinking tons of rum, smoking some meth, and after the shadow men in black told me to kill him. Oh, and I have played some Mortal Kombat in the past."

Headline: "MORTAL KOMBAT: INSPIRATION FOR MURDER?"

[quote name='pittpizza']This just in:

(1) Child prosecuted because he destroyed a stuffed animal filled with candy. It was alleged that the cause was because the child played viva pinata.

(2) 8 year old gets sued for neurosurgical malpractice because he tried surgery on his uncle after playing 2 weeks of Trauma Center.

(3) A dozen children's remains were found splattered around a wagon full of hay, which was mysteriously placed beneath a massive church steeple. Copies of Assassin's creed strategy guides werefound on two of mangled bodies.[/quote]

(4) Child prosecuted for jumping onto a turtle shell, thus firing it into a fellow student sending them into space.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']I'd hit it.[/QUOTE]
i'm ashamed of you

but i'm more ashamed of myself for wishing i'd posted it first

[quote name='PKRipp3r']i'm ashamed of you

but i'm more ashamed of myself for wishing i'd posted it first[/quote]

:lol: I was actually gonna post it like 2 pages back.

This reminds of when me and my friends got in trouble at the go kart track for throwing Endangered turtles at each other.

[quote name='getmeoutofjoliet']

This reminds of when me and my friends got in trouble at the go kart track for throwing Endangered turtles at each other.
[/QUOTE]
oh noes

think of teh turtlez!

tmnt6.jpg

speaking of which i bet Donatello could beat up Liu Kang

Everyone involved in this should be sent to the bottom of the ocean to never be remembered. Media included.

[quote name='lordxixor101']cause an accident like they saw in Burnout.[/QUOTE]

You mean next time I feel like parting the streets or freeways I can just shout 'Burnout' and then drive like a madman?

After the police stops me with spike-strips and handcuffs me, I'll scream at the top of my lungs, "Burnout, mutha f-ers! Burnout!"

Hey, dumb f-ing yellow journalism reporter, "Burnout on your Mom, too!"

bread's done
Back