Tekken 5 collectors Edition 44.99 at gamestop preowned!!!

It probablly will just come game only (remember the Mortal Kombat Deception fiasco?) but if it comes with the stick...it's the deal of the year.

The game alone pre-owned is $44.99 on a seperate listing, so they probably just added the pre-owned game only to the collectrors edition by mistake. If they do send the arcade stick then it's an awesome deal. I would take a chance but I don't feel like having to return if it's just the game

When you add the item to your cart, it only says Tekken 5 - Preowned. Not "Tekken Collectors" or "Special Edition" or even "Tekken 5 w/ stick". So while I wish it was the collectors edition, it sure sounds like this is JUST for a used copy of Tekken 5. After all, $5 OFF of used IS their usual deal.

Sorry not to provide happier news.

It is the version without the stick. The product id is 939065 for the used game, whether bought from the Collector's Edition page or the regular edition page. There is no separate product code for a used Collector's Edition.

I talked to Gamestop.com's customer service (not the actual store) and they said that the $44.99 version is for the game only and that they only sell the collector's edition new.

I then called one of my friends who works at a Gamestop (I don't think he'd screw me over by taking it...he's supposed to be a friend...) that says the item is in stock and he looked around for a long time after checking if they had Tekken 5 preplayed in stock and the only ones he saw were ones without control sticks.

Darnit.

I think it's irresponsible of Gamestop to not take the pre-owned version off of the collector's edition page after people have called them, so Gamestop now knows people are questioning it. Maybe not from this site but someone (or some people) are going to order it thinking it's the collector's edition (as the page implies) and then they and Gamestop will have a problem dealing with an angry customer and the customer having to ship it back.

They are very rarely, if ever, going to get people trying to sell them the collector's edition. And if they were selling it for $45 that would mean somebody is dumb enough to sell it to them for $30 or less.

I can't see very many people doing that can you?

Maybe the topic of this "deal" should be changed.

Before I went through this thread, I knew it sounded too good to be true.

bread's done
Back