Tekken 6 - First Pics

Interesting, interesting ...

The graphics don't look like much of a step up from previous incarnations ... at least until you look at all the bits and pieces on that fully tricked out Jack. The backgrounds look decent, and like they're not infinite anymore either, for better or for worse. As for the new characters ... Leo looks spectacularly femme, and like he has Julia's moveset. Zafina, while odd, at least looks unique. Last but not least ... a shotgun?!

Sigh. I want Tekken 5 DR for the PS3 NOW, dammit. Also, that looks pretty damn spiffy. Not as good as VF5, but good none the less. And yeah, the new chick looks interesting.

Was expecting better to, especially after seeing how good VF5 looks. Don't really like the new character Leo either, but the girl looks alright.

Do fighting games really need another character who looks like a native american? I hope that Zafina turns out to be a gypsy or a hippie who's been pushed too far rather then an indian.

[quote name='furyk']Do fighting games really need another character who looks like a native american? I hope that Zafina turns out to be a gypsy or a hippie who's been pushed too far rather then an indian.[/quote]

She doesn't look native american at all. Judging from the pics alone I would guess along the lines of gypsy or south asia (thailand, indonesia etc..).

I heard over at IGN that the version on the arcade machine will be running a PS3 based board. I know that seems obvious since it is developed for PS3, but I think its cool that we will start to see PS3 based hardware in arcades!

Graphics look okay so far, but I think they'll get better before release. I can't wait, since I'm a huge Tekken fan. Can't wait to see more Namco arcade games running on that board (I see Soul Calibur on it next).

[quote name='chronojin']looks like maybe they've added weapons or a finishing move?[/QUOTE]

I highly doubt Tekken will include fatalities. it's probably just another regular move.

[quote name='Psykodelik']She doesn't look native american at all. Judging from the pics alone I would guess along the lines of gypsy or south asia (thailand, indonesia etc..).[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, with a name like Zafina, she's Middle Eastern. Though I wouldn't rule out a bizarre Japanese understanding of Roma culture, either.

[quote name='Apossum']I highly doubt Tekken will include fatalities. it's probably just another regular move.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Or possibly one of those "taunts that do damage."

[quote name='furyk']a hippie who's been pushed too far[/QUOTE]

I will not rest until a fighting franchise sees this happen. :rofl:

Tekken 6 looks like it will be an amazing game. Let the rampant delusional "will it come to the 360?!?!?" speculation commence.

[quote name='mykevermin']I will not rest until a fighting franchise sees this happen. :rofl:

Tekken 6 looks like it will be an amazing game. Let the rampant delusional "will it come to the 360?!?!?" speculation commence.[/QUOTE]

Nah, the 360 couldn't handle it without some downgraded textures and stage detail.

amirite? 8-[

Wow, I can't wait to see it in motion and in HD. The graphics are better than the CG cut scenes from games pasts. I wonder if they have scraped the CG endings in place of in game engine endings?

With Tekken 6 on the way, all I can do now is wish for is an official Soul Calibur 4 announcement and screen shots. Come on Namco, lets see the next Soul Calibur on PS3.

[quote name='MadFlava']Wow, I can't wait to see it in motion and in HD. The graphics are better than the CG cut scenes from games pasts. I wonder if they have scraped the CG endings in place of in game engine endings?

With Tekken 6 on the way, all I can do now is wish for is an official Soul Calibur 4 announcement and screen shots. Come on Namco, lets see the next Soul Calibur on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Soul Calibur 4 has already been in the works for a while now... nobodys seen it yet though.

as for CG endings going away, don't be surprised. They did it in TTT and T4, then again, fans might get pissed if they do (which I agree).

Looks extremly more improved from the E3 trailer a while back. Makes me finnally not feel embarassed by this game.

Looks good. And that chick is Latino. Im pretty sure.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Looks extremly more improved from the E3 trailer a while back. Makes me finnally not feel embarassed by this game.

Looks good. And that chick is Latino. Im pretty sure.[/QUOTE]

doubt it... they already got christie whome is brazilian.

the toss up now is middle eastern, italian, or a mix (no indian heritage... that's what Julia is for).

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']doubt it... they already got christie whome is brazilian.

the toss up now is middle eastern, italian, or a mix (no indian heritage... that's what Julia is for).[/quote]

Oh. I just read this and assumed it:

Zafina, on the other hand, is a Latina woman of the mature persuasion who looks to possess a highly unorthodox fighting style.

Just you all watch, Soul Calibur 4 is going to be on the Wii, and you can only use the Wiimote/nunchuck to play it, and it's running on Soul Calibur [1] graphic engine, and instead of create a character, you can fight with Miis.

[quote name='sarausagi']Just you all watch, Soul Calibur 4 is going to be on the Wii, and you can only use the Wiimote/nunchuck to play it, and it's runing on Soul Calibur [1] graphic engine, and instead of create a character, you can fight with Miis.[/QUOTE]

and everyone will praise it for being innovative and awesome when really, you're just substituting button presses for hand motions :)

[quote name='Apossum']and everyone will praise it for being innovative and awesome when really, you're just substituting button presses for hand motions :)[/QUOTE]

well put...

back onto tekken... looking forward to soundtrack seeing as this series has had the best electric soundtracks I've heard anywhere... period.

That new guy looks and fights like that French guy from VF (Leon? I think is his name) Anyway, looking forward to the game, hopefully I'll have a PS3 when it comes out.

After watching the video, Zafina's fighting style reminds me of the PC game: Guild Wars: Factions. The profession is "ritualist". I know they are both completely different games and all but the movement is similiar in some aspects. I still say gypsy but now that I think about it...maybe around Greece or similar area. Either way, I can't wait until this game comes out.

[quote name='Apossum']and everyone will praise it for being innovative and awesome when really, you're just substituting button presses for hand motions :)[/quote]

Heh. Awsome.

I hate that. "Zelda is so innovative and unique!" Instead of using your fingers to press a button you use your hands to.

BUT they will argue that the graphics are great and rival early PS3 titles.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Heh. Awsome.

I hate that. "Zelda is so innovative and unique!" Instead of using your fingers to press a button you use your hands to.

BUT they will argue that the graphics are great and rival early PS3 titles.[/quote]

Huh? I heard Zelda didn't look ALL that great, and was just pretty much a gamecube game with the Wii controls.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Huh? I heard Zelda didn't look ALL that great, and was just pretty much a gamecube game with the Wii controls.[/QUOTE]
Go say that in the Twilight Princess thread, I dare you :lol:

But yeah, that's all it is. Right now it looks fine, but in a year or so its going to look like crap compared to other (newer) games that come out on PS3/360

[quote name='whoknows']Go say that in the Twilight Princess thread, I dare you :lol:

But yeah, that's all it is. Right now it looks fine, but in a year or so its going to look like crap compared to other (newer) games that come out on PS3/360[/QUOTE]

I'd go say it in the Twilight Princess thread, but Strell and the Nintendo collective would be too much for me...

It looks okay, but the thing is, the Gamecube version doesn't look worse at all, but I've seen better Xbox graphics [regular old Xbox] and I am willing to say the PS2 could effectively render it, there's nothing that mind blowing being put out. If anything, some of the latest big budget games for PS2: Soul Calibur 3, Tekken 5, Xenosaga Episode III, Metal Gear Solid 3 [and I'm not even a MGS fan], Okami, and even FFXII [which I HATED] look amazingly better than anything on the Wii [even TP...you want to talk about art direction and beauty, go play Xenosaga III and Okami]

When I got a 360, and even now, I'm sticking to just the cheap games, for the most part, they're launch titles. And they look LEAPS AND BOUNDS beyond anything GC, Xbox, or PS2. And on PS3, Gran Turismo Concept and Tekken 5 are looking pretty amazing, and Virtua Fighter..I can't tell you how good Virtua looks..and that's just based on streaming videos on youtube.

Pretty much, in a year, the Wii is going to look severely outdated, add to the fact that the sixaxis motion sensing will be refined and worked on, and that the 360 will just keep pushing big release after big release after big release [Halo 3 for one, but what I'm looking forward is DOA5 and surprise Konami/Namco games] , then you'll have to realize even the Wii's "innovative" gameplay will look outclassed

The Wii is doing a good thing though, getting people into games, making people see games as a more acceptable thing. I'm pretty sure eventually people will look at the 360 and PS3 and see what a console can really do, and will want a piece of the action.

I'd also like to add though, I am deathly afraid for the future of games: no matter how promising anything 360 or PS3 do, they're not affecting the mass market or changing public opinion. Fact is that general reception in America and I'd honestly say worldwide is suprisingly in favor of the Wii. And here is where I am afraid: more people play bejeweled and solitaire than Wii, but bejeweled and solitaire don't change the image or course of gaming, they remain what they are, clever well made games that serve as a distraction. However, Wii is changing the market, Wii is changing the way people define a game, and I am deathly afraid that 5 years from now, every single game will be a minigame or a party game. Even Nintendo pushes back their own "serious" games and continues to release the smaller ones [wario ware, cooking mama, wii play, etc]

I agree Sarasugi, but I don't expect Namco to make 360 games, Sony and Namco are like best buds and they both just released a phone together... or at least I think it was namco...

[quote name='apokalipze2']Namco already released Ridge Racer 6 on the 360 so I wouldn't be surprised to see this on the 360 in the near future.[/quote]

I see. As long as they don't release Ace Combat on the 360, that's all I care about. :)

[quote name='apokalipze2']Namco already released Ridge Racer 6 on the 360 so I wouldn't be surprised to see this on the 360 in the near future.[/quote]
That doesn't make any sense logically.

Namco has a tendency to not port their games if they're not originally announced as a multiplatform game. See: Tekken 5, Soul Calibur 3, Soul Calibur 2, Ridge Racer 6, Ridge Racer 7, Ridge Racers, and many more.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']That doesn't make any sense logically.

Namco has a tendency to not port their games if they're not originally announced as a multiplatform game. See: Tekken 5, Soul Calibur 3, Soul Calibur 2, Ridge Racer 6, Ridge Racer 7, Ridge Racers, and many more.[/quote]

Soul Calibur 2 was ported to the xbox and gamecube. Granted each had a "special" character but still a port.

You guys seem to forget that the company is now called "Namco Bandai". There's a possibility that they would make some games for the 360. For which, I don't know. But probably one would be the Gundam series.

[quote name='Psykodelik']Soul Calibur 2 was ported to the xbox and gamecube.

You guys seem to forget that the company is now called "Namco Bandai". There's a possibility that they would make some games for the 360. For which, I don't know. But probably one would be the Gundam series.[/quote]
My point exactly. SCII was announced as a multi-platform title when it was announced.

I know Namco merged with Bandai and that hasn't changed anything. That happened over over 18 months ago and since then we've seen Soul Calibur III, Ridge Racer 6 and 7, and there are those PS3 Gundam games even they aren't usually of the highest quality. Adding to that, you can check this list and see what they've made lately.

[quote name='apokalipze2']Namco already released Ridge Racer 6 on the 360 so I wouldn't be surprised to see this on the 360 in the near future.[/QUOTE]

dont forget culdcept saga is there as well...

[quote name='apokalipze2']I still wouldn't be suprised to see this end up on the 360, hopefully with xbox live support:cool::cool:[/quote]

That would make instantly go out and buy one.

Xbox Live play would rock like crazy (online play hasn't been ruled out yet for T6 on PS3), but I have a hard time seeing myself playing tekken on a 360 controller... ie. horrible horrible d-pad... worse than PSP.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Xbox Live play would rock like crazy (online play hasn't been ruled out yet for T6 on PS3), but I have a hard time seeing myself playing tekken on a 360 controller... ie. horrible horrible d-pad... worse than PSP.[/QUOTE]

There's still not a good stick either... the DOA 4 one was decent, but that's impossible to get now and it's not particularly nice... at least, nowhere near as good as the HRAPs or the Tekken stick.

[quote name='apokalipze2']I still wouldn't be suprised to see this end up on the 360, hopefully with xbox live support:cool::cool:[/QUOTE]I doubt Sony would ever let Tekken end up anywhere else, especially since they don't have a first party fighter and they've always published Tekken in Europe for Namco (along with marketing it).

bread's done
Back