Tekken 6 flight stick bundle -360 only -34.99 at Amazon

frowninclown

CAGiversary!
Found the special editon of tekken 6 for 34.99 on amazon prime for the xbox 360. This bundle does include the fight stick as well as the game picked one up for myself:)

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Is the stick USB? And if so, can I plug it in to my computer and use it with old SNES titles and the like?[/QUOTE]

Its Wireless. No USB.

i picked up one of these when it was 30 @ BB. Stick is ok quality (this is coming from a somewhat casual player of fighters) and would be good enough for people interested in learning and getting used to a stick. Of course, a lot of the more competitive players say that the stick blows but for this price, I'd say it's worth it.

[quote name='koruwa']i picked up one of these when it was 30 @ BB. Stick is ok quality (this is coming from a somewhat casual player of fighters) and would be good enough for people interested in learning and getting used to a stick. Of course, a lot of the more competitive players say that the stick blows but for this price, I'd say it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. It's gotten wildly different reviews from CAGs. Depends on where you are at. I don't own one, I haven't owned a fight stick since the Dreamcast days. All I want to know is:
Is it sturdy? Not 6 hours a day, 5 days a week punishment, but sturdy enough to not break in a few months of casual play.
And...
Can I pull off the damn moves?! This controller d-pad can eat my ass.

I think I got this for $40 like 2 years ago? I consider myself a casual fighting game player. This stick was ok when I first got it but the buttons give out quickly. I just tried it with 3rd Strike and this game makes the stick look like a POS. I am saying this as a casual player that played SSFIV, MvC 2, MvC3, SSFII HD and BB CS. The moment I began playing 3rd strike I could tell I was not going to get very far with the stick. I still think it's a good deal and may be good to have for a second player or to mod, which I am planning on doing.

I hear the stick is a pain to mod though, poster above me! Also, 3rd Strike is over 10 years old, so I don't think it's quite as lenient for button inputs as some more modern games.

Anyways, I grabbed this bundle awhile back when it was a DOTD and traded in T6 to amazon for $10, so it was a perfect price for me! It was my first stick and I still use it a lot; I play about maybe 3-5 hours of SSFIV a week? It's also perfect for shmups like Raiden or arcade beat em ups. It's not as sturdy as some of the MadCatz, but it's definitely a lot cheaper! I know I'm probably gonna upgrade sometime down the line, but I can't say that I didn't get my money's worth out of this Hori stick.

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Exactly. It's gotten wildly different reviews from CAGs. Depends on where you are at. I don't own one, I haven't owned a fight stick since the Dreamcast days. All I want to know is:
Is it sturdy? Not 6 hours a day, 5 days a week punishment, but sturdy enough to not break in a few months of casual play.
And...
Can I pull off the damn moves?! This controller d-pad can eat my ass.[/QUOTE]
saw one yesterday used @ game xchange for 35$, ironically. i messed around with it, and i don't think you'll have a problem at all with it. it's not cheaply made, like it's gonna break. i so want to order it now that i've seen it (had it in my cart a while back on the 29.99$ deal of the day, but passed it up). sucks, cuz i have JUST enough (down to the dollar) for the 6 games i want this holiday season, and this would eat into that.

go for it, man. you won't be disappointed, as that's exactly the reason i want it (d-pads SUCK on 360).

ALSO: it takes AA batteries, and can ONLY be used on the 360.

Nice. I ordered one for my sons Birthday on the 13th of Sept. I have been wanting to try Tekken 6 so I guess it's a win win situation :)

lol, I came into this thread thinking it was for the Ace Combat 6 flight stick bundle that used to (maybe still is) rare/expensive.

Title does say "flight" in my defense.

[quote name='dallow']lol, I came into this thread thinking it was for the Ace Combat 6 flight stick bundle that used to (maybe still is) rare/expensive.

Title does say "flight" in my defense.[/QUOTE]

If you can find one at Gamestop they ring up as "Used flightstick" for $38.99. They include all flightsticks as this so you have to ask for the Ace Edge specifically.

bread's done
Back