Tekken Hybrid PS3 $39.99 Amazon for preorder

pretty good chance of a price error...they've had a couple lately. batman ac collectors 360 was 59.99 last week, and then last night silent hill hd collection ps3 was 39.99 . i checked this morning and they raised silent hill hd collection up to 49.99, like the metal gear hd collection. price errors ftw.

Thanks for the heads up OP. I grabbed this just in case it is a price error and even if it isn't, that's a good price for me!

Ah cool, i think ill throw down a pre-order.

On a side note, cant wait to see Blood Vengeance tommorow ^_^, the trailer looked awesome

[quote name='technicalstylez']pretty good chance of a price error...they've had a couple lately. batman ac collectors 360 was 59.99 last week, and then last night silent hill hd collection ps3 was 39.99 . i checked this morning and they raised silent hill hd collection up to 49.99, like the metal gear hd collection. price errors ftw.[/QUOTE]

wait, Silent Hill HD Collection isn't going to be $40?

After checking gamestops site, i guess seeing Blood Vengeance 3D gives a 5$ off coupon?

I'll post back with more info after i see tommorow

Not sure I like them raising the price point on the hd remakes from 39.99 to 49.99. How long before we're paying full 59.99 for them? Granted for some of them it is worth it, but still.

thanks for the heads up OP!

so we get a dvd instead of blu-ray? odd choice for PS3 in my opinion ...
nvm, we get blu-ray?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dgwillia006']After checking gamestops site, i guess seeing Blood Vengeance 3D gives a 5$ off coupon?

I'll post back with more info after i see tommorow[/QUOTE]

I don't think that's it. It says preorder the game and get a coupon, but then says something about a coupon code from watching the movie. Makes no sense at all.

[quote name='dmdragon']Not sure I like them raising the price point on the hd remakes from 39.99 to 49.99. How long before we're paying full 59.99 for them? Granted for some of them it is worth it, but still.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dmdragon']Not sure I like them raising the price point on the hd remakes from 39.99 to 49.99. How long before we're paying full 59.99 for them? Granted for some of them it is worth it, but still.[/QUOTE]

Never, if you wait for the inevitable price cuts.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Never, if you wait for the inevitable price cuts.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Why pay $40 when you can buy the games (in the collection) for the older systems for less then $40?? I'm all about them re-releasing old games but it should never come to more then $10 a game unless they do a complete overhaul of the game. Also why post pre-orders as deals? Seriously this game could drop to $20 2 months after it's release for all we know.

I don't pay attention too much to video game releases and only generally hear about the big releases. Luckily somebody posted this and I was able to get my preorder in and then find out about the movie too and see it in theatres. I agree though, that preorders aren't deals. The OP posted this since it might have been a price mistake since other stores are listing the game at $49.99.

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Bingo. Why pay $40 when you can buy the games (in the collection) for the older systems for less then $40?? I'm all about them re-releasing old games but it should never come to more then $10 a game unless they do a complete overhaul of the game. Also why post pre-orders as deals? Seriously this game could drop to $20 2 months after it's release for all we know.[/QUOTE]

Not everyone is like you and I'm not saying that because I'm butthurt or whatever. Serious fans can take advantage of this and save ten dollars. People do like buying their games first day, others don't. I figured I post this just like what Amazon did with Silent Hill and Batman. I would say 40 dollars for a movie, a game, and a demo isn't bad at all and last thing I read, they were going to add extras to it too.

I completely agree with you, this will drop or go on sale, patience is the key to grab it for the right price. The only thing is how long will you wait and I can only see hardcore fans appreciate this thread a bit more than others.

every.single.game.drops. No need to single these out. I've seen full retail games drop in price much faster than these HD collections. For a Tekken fan, $40 is very reasonable for a Blu-ray movie, a game and a preview of the upcoming game

[quote name='ssjmichael']every.single.game.drops. No need to single these out. I've seen full retail games drop in price much faster than these HD collections. For a Tekken fan, $40 is very reasonable for a Blu-ray movie, a game and a preview of the upcoming game[/QUOTE]

The preview is playable too, which is the tipping point for me.

I know this is cheapassgamer, but what is wrong with supporting a company that makes games you enjoy? Namco isn't exactly one of my favorite publishers, but I am a Tekken fan, and I want them to continue making Tekken games. Yes we all can wait for price drops or buy it used but Namco, and every other publisher, needs to make money. If you want re-releases and HD upgrades then you should support it and buy it new. Because if they don't make money with the HD rereleases then they won't make any more of them. This is all very simple and has been said roughly 12 million times already, but if everyone waits for the price drop then the publisher and developer make less money, and that means they will be less likely to do things like this in the future.

Hey guys I was just stating my opinion. I'm a huge Tekken fan and have bought every Tekken (since Tekken 3) the day its released, and usually there are only about 2-3 games a year I buy on release. I just don't see what makes this worth $40. You can buy TTT at any gamestop (that still has :ps2: games :cry:) for $5. My opinion may also be a bit jaded because I don't have blu-ray player and have no idea of the value of blu rays (yes I realize they are much more valuable then dvds).

I do appreciate the OP pointing this out as I had no idea this was going to be released. At the same time I think this is far from a deal.

Personally I'm waiting for Tekken Tag 2. So pumped for that one

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Hey guys I was just stating my opinion. I'm a huge Tekken fan and have bought every Tekken (since Tekken 3) the day its released, and usually there are only about 2-3 games a year I buy on release. I just don't see what makes this worth $40. You can buy TTT at any gamestop (that still has :ps2: games :cry:) for $5. My opinion may also be a bit jaded because I don't have blu-ray player and have no idea of the value of blu rays (yes I realize they are much more valuable then dvds).

I do appreciate the OP pointing this out as I had no idea this was going to be released. At the same time I think this is far from a deal.

Personally I'm waiting for Tekken Tag 2. So pumped for that one[/QUOTE]

It has a feature film in 3D, remastered version of TTT, and a playable TTT2 Prologue.

Edit: If you don't have a PS3, you also don't have T5:DR... Unless you have the PSP version...

[quote name='VideoGamesIzFun']Bingo. Why pay $40 when you can buy the games (in the collection) for the older systems for less then $40?? I'm all about them re-releasing old games but it should never come to more then $10 a game unless they do a complete overhaul of the game. Also why post pre-orders as deals? Seriously this game could drop to $20 2 months after it's release for all we know.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I'm talkin about waiting for the HD collections to drop in price like they always do after a few months. I don't mind having others pay $60 and funding the developers while I get it for a reduced price after a couple months.

Ordered I've thought I have the original I three Tekken is one of my favorite game franchises and 40 isn't bad for a 3d movie and game most 3d movies retail at 40

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Eh, I'm talkin about waiting for the HD collections to drop in price like they always do after a few months. I don't mind having others pay $60 and funding the developers while I get it for a reduced price after a couple months.[/QUOTE]

Just like I don't mind you paying $60 for Dark Souls while I get it later for a reduced price :)

Eh, was expecting this to be $30 max. Think I'll just rent the Blood Vengeance Blu-Ray from Red Box for $2. I love Tekken but $40 is a little steep.

bread's done
Back