Telltale Double Deluxe - Back to the Future + Jurassic Park $69.99+$12.80 shipping

louiedog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
56 (100%)
Telltale is packaging the Deluxe versions of both Jurassic Park and Back to the Future together for $69.99. The retail price to get both is $94.99. Shipping is kidn of steep at $12.80 and I assume tax is only for CA where Telltale is located. They won't ship for a few weeks but the games themselves will also be available for immediately download.

There are supposedly only 2,500 copies of Back to the Future and they've been on sale for a few months. They also say that there are limited quantities for Jurassic Park but don't specify a number. You can get these games cheaper, but if you like collector's editions and physical copies of your PC games this is likely your best option.

Back to the Future:

• Collector's DVD with all 5 game episodes + bonus content
  • Young Emmett, Doc and Marty on Exclusive DVD cover
  • Photo Album: 15 portraits of esteemed Hill Valley icons
  • Doc’s notebook: 6 pages with original invention diagrams and more
  • Trixie Trotter commemorative postcard
Jurassic Park:

• All four episodes of Jurassic Park: The Game on disc for PC and Mac
  • Replica InGen staff ID badge as seen in the movie and the game
  • Replica of movie Brochure/Map, updated to include game content
  • Replica of Jurassic Park patch as worn on staff uniforms
  • InGen Field Guide: 32 Pages of content welcoming you to Jurassic Park
  • Exclusive Limited Edition packaging
  • Access to exclusive digital content including the game soundtrack and behind the scenes video
Pictures of this stuff are available at the link.

http://www.telltalegames.com/dbld

[quote name='yesokyesok']Will this come damaged?[/QUOTE]
Yes. But the CEO will pay out of pocket to fix it after the internet goes crazy about it.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Sounds like a spectacular rip-off...[/QUOTE]

Well, it is a collector's edition. That's what they are.

Something about BttF not being sealed bothers me. Half the fun in getting new games is ripping open the plastic seals! :p

I'm a big fan of Jurassic Park franchise though so I might just grab the Deluxe Edition of that instead.

The actual Jurassic Park game is somewhat disappointing. It's more of an interactive movie with lots and lots of QTE's. If you're ok with that, then maybe it's worth it ... but it has no direct character control like BTTF or Sam & Max from what I've played so far. It could have been much much better and the comparisons to Heavy Rain are weak at best, Heavy Rain was far far better.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']If you have to tell people that your joke is funny then it isn't.[/QUOTE]

I think his point was that most people probably aren't aware of the recent incident with the jeep, so it was possibly too esoteric.

bread's done
Back