Telltale Games Deals ($5 Sam & Max and free game code with survey)

Troopa

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
For this weekend only, the great folks at Telltale Games are selling the first season of Sam & Max for only $4.95 (PC version). That’s a great deal.

Link: http://www.telltalegames.com/samandmax2010

And for an even better deal, they’re giving away a free game just for taking their short survey. Supplies are limited, so act fast. After filling out a survey (and answer it truthfully) they will send you a code for a free game within a couple of weeks. Hurry now before all the codes are gone!

Link: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/gaming

Last edited by a moderator:
If Telltale were to develop new games based on another previous LucasArts game (beyond Monkey Island, Sam & Max), which below would be of greatest interest to you?

everyone please pick Grim Fandango!

[quote name='EliotAndrews']Sadly, this is a repost. Thanks for the additional heads-up.[/quote]
Oops. I scanned the topics for any news but didn't see the post. My bad.

Be nice, everyone. (Even if that second half of his post sounds a little spam-like.)
Heheh, looking back it does sound spam-like. But I've been here since Sep 2003, so hopefully no one would mistake me for a spammer. Source: http://www.gamepro.com/article/news...me-for-telling-telltale-about-stuff-you-like/

Thanks.

[quote name='AceSam14']If Telltale were to develop new games based on another previous LucasArts game (beyond Monkey Island, Sam & Max), which below would be of greatest interest to you?

everyone please pick Grim Fandango![/QUOTE]

How would that even work? GF had a conclusion.

I chose Maniac Mansion, didn't know about the survey so thanks OP. I think they said they would send a code for a free episode, which technically is a game, but just an FYI for those expecting a full season of anything.

[quote name='eugaet']Took the survey, thanks. This code would make 3/5ths of Tales of Monkey Island free for me so far.[/QUOTE]

Where'd you snag the other 2 parts? I know the first episode was free on Amazon/Telltale's site for a bit, but I must have missed out on the other free episode :cry:

[quote name='TheMedic00']Where'd you snag the other 2 parts? I know the first episode was free on Amazon/Telltale's site for a bit, but I must have missed out on the other free episode :cry:[/QUOTE]

I think a wiiware episode was free at one point.

[quote name='TheMedic00']Where'd you snag the other 2 parts? I know the first episode was free on Amazon/Telltale's site for a bit, but I must have missed out on the other free episode :cry:[/QUOTE]Ep1 was free on Talk Like a Pirate Day, recently won a free episode code from Telltale -> Ep2, and then this code goes for Ep3.

There was a similar Telltale survey in either Nov or Dec for an Ep2 code, but I found out too late and missed it. Otherwise, I'd be 4/5 at this point.

[quote name='Wheeliedude']How would that even work? GF had a conclusion.[/QUOTE]
A lot of games have sequels. It doesn't usually stop them from making sequels (most recent example I can think of is Bioshock 2).

Maybe not for comprehension, but simply learn to read. If you had taken the time to read the OP and the end of the survey, you wouldn't have had to ask your question. It's wondrous what adding two extra periods could do to a man's temper...

They were quite prompt with the code. I just received mine to download 1 episode of apparently anything in the telltale store. So pretty nice for 5 minutes work.

[quote name='Wheeliedude']How would that even work? GF had a conclusion.[/QUOTE]

A remake of Grim Fandango would be fine with me. Heck, if Lucasarts would allow their catalog on GOG.com, I would be more than ecstatic! Recently, I had the hardest time trying to install Grim Fandango. It is one of my favorite games of all time!

I got my code today as well. I think I'll get the first episode of Wallace & Grommit. I already got the third episode free, so that would leave only two left to buy.

I have no idea what to get. Any suggestions?
And could anyone list games they've offered for free before, so I could avoid choosing those games?

Well I got Wallace and Grommitt Episode 1. Always loved the cartoon as a kid so I want to try this out. If I like it I will probably spring for the 20 dollars for the full season and free DVD with shipping. Can't beat that. Unless it is 5 bucks in the near future.

[quote name='dieresis']I have no idea what to get. Any suggestions?
And could anyone list games they've offered for free before, so I could avoid choosing those games?[/QUOTE]

If I recall, the ones they have offered free before are:
  • Sam and Max Save the World: Episode 104: Abe Lincoln Must Die (still free if you don't have it)
  • Sam and Max Beyond Time and Space: Episode 201: Ice Station Santa
  • Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People: Episode 5: 8-Bit is Enough
  • Wallace and Gromit: Episode 3: Muzzled!
  • Tales of Monkey Island: Chapter 1: Launch of the Screaming Narwhal

They generally do one episode per game, but I may be missing some.

As far as which one to get, I'd suggest picking one from a season you are interested in buying. Even with a free game, you can purchase the season upgrade, which brings the price down about $9.

Though the games ARE episodic, I always play them in order. There are subtle nods to the other games in the series and it really does help to play them in order, so I would start with Episode 1 of a series.

My recommendations:

Sam and Max for anyone who has ever enjoyed any of their comics/cartoon/Hit the Road or is in for a strange mix of intelligent/goofball humor.

StrongBad for anyone who is a fan of homestarrunner.com. I'm not a big fan of the cartoons on that website, but I really enjoyed the games.

Wallace and Gromit for those who prefer charm and wit over cheap gags. Sure, the other TellTale releases are legitimately funny and don't rely on cheap gags, but W & G will make you smile a lot, hardly ever laugh out loud.

Tales of Monkey Island for any Monkey Island fan. I LOVE this series. However, if you have never played a Monkey Island game I strongly suggest getting The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition either for the PC or on XBox Live Arcade and playing it first. Though it would still be easy to enjoy ToMI for a first time Monkey Island player there are just too many nods to the first four games for it to be enjoyed as much by anyone who hasn't played the rest.

Yeah I'd recommend Monkey Island to anyone who didn't play those. Episode 2 is a little weak, but the season in general is fantastic (esp. episodes 3-5)

Is Monkey Island a completely different game? I have the one on the PS2.

And is the Wallaca and Grommitt season complete? Or are they still releasing episodes.

Monkey Island is an entirely new "season" of five games that are all in one over-arcing storyline. If you liked the one on the PS2, you will love this one. In my opinion, and many others, that one was the weakest of the bunch. Also, the Wallace and Gromit is now finished. There were only four episodes, The Bogey Man being the last of them.

bread's done
Back