Tenchu Dark Secret

PhoenixT

CAGiversary!
Anyone try out this title yet? I kind of wanted to pick it up this weekend but decided to pick up Phoenix Wright instead thinking of scrounging up some trade credit and snagging this one myself it looks rather fun.

Everything I have read about Tenchu Dark Secret, combined with everything I know about Phoenix Wright, suggests you made the right decision. Reviews of Dark Secret state that it is awful.

Tenchu = Disaster. There's never been a truly good game in the series and I'm amazed that it's still around given how consistantly awful the series is.. both the DS and PSP games are terrible. Definitely get Phoenix Wright instead.

Heheh, I still remember back in 2004 when OXBM had a demo disc with Ninja Gaiden and Tenchu on it... that made the Tenchu series look fucking terrible.

I did pick up Phoenix Wright its a fun game I'm enjoying it I think I wore out my DS's battery twice this weekend playing it as a matter of fact heh. I was just thinking of trading stuff for Tenchu but I may see about renting it instead first and wait on Starfox which looks fun to me as well.

The original Tenchu for the PSX was great, though the last level in it was a true test of gamer skills. I hear this one is trash, though. Maybe playing something in 3D from 1999 is not exactly what the doctor ordered in this day and age.... you might just want to pick up the first one for two bucks at your local used game store.

[quote name='Chacrana']Tenchu = Disaster. There's never been a truly good game in the series and I'm amazed that it's still around given how consistantly awful the series is.. both the DS and PSP games are terrible. Definitely get Phoenix Wright instead.

Heheh, I still remember back in 2004 when OXBM had a demo disc with Ninja Gaiden and Tenchu on it... that made the Tenchu series look fucking terrible.[/QUOTE]

I am VERY fond of both Tenchu 1 and 3. I think they're among the best in ninja and stealth games. Comparing Ninja Gaiden to the Xbox Tenchu port is like comparing Metal Gear Solid to God of War. Yes, they're third-person action games, but the similarities end there as they couldn't play more differently.

I haven't played the DS version yet, however, and know next to nothing about it.

I played the ds version for a little bit at game stop the other day. It was ok I guess. I didnt really like the other Tenchu games but I almost bought this one. It seemed fairly simple, Im not a big fan of stealth games. This one seemed like it would be a little more forgiving if you arent super stealthy. If it wasnt 34.99 I probably wouldve bought it.

Finally played it, for review on G4's X-Play. It's one of the worst games I've played all year, and up there for worst DS game yet. Maybe my fondness for older iterations has caused my rage to burn brighter than some who play it, but I wanted to force the game card into my paper shredder then set fire to the scraps.

bread's done
Back