Tenchu (XBOX) $12.99 @ Media Play B&M...

BigLebowski

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
I just picked it up. It was in their 'Value Games' cardboard rack. It says 'XBox August Promo' on the price tag. There were four or five copies in there, all with that August Promo tag on them. This is the XBOX version, not the PS2 version.

[quote name='xzafixz']That is a pretty good deal, especially for media play...[/quote]

I know... I thought there was some mistake, but it really is 12.99. They had quite a few copies of it in the 'value' rack.

IF you have XBL you can play online with others on the co-op missions... it isn't much though so unless you have some friends or like to play online a lot i couldn't recommend it.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Is it worth it to grab this if you already have the PS2 version?

Great deal though.[/quote]

I have the PS2 version and I still couldn't pass this up. I have heard that the graphics are improved, and the AI has been tweaked a little. That is really all that I know- maybe someone who has played both could let us know.

They had other games in there, like non-PH Obi-Wan for XBox, Outlaw Volleyball, others I can't recall. The only really great deal was Tenchu for xbox.

Dang, I just know my local MediaPlay is not going to have this deal. I was just in there yesterday and all they had was their stupid buy 2 for $22 with a wonderful selection of like three titles which all suck. Oh well, looks like I'll have to check this out anyway tomorrow.

They do have a value game rack but I didn't see any Tenchu on it. It was a lot of the titles you listed above.

[quote name='little_krampy']Dang, I just know my local MediaPlay is not going to have this deal. I was just in there yesterday and all they had was their stupid buy 2 for $22 with a wonderful selection of like three titles which all suck. Oh well, looks like I'll have to check this out anyway tomorrow.[/quote]

Yeah, they had the crappy 2 for 25 dollar rack, but there was another, Value Game rack in which I found the 12.99 deals.

Will pay reasonable S & H for someone to pick up a copy for me.

$12.99 + reasonable S & H is certainly better than $29.99 or more I've seen it retail. $27.95 is cheapest new price, $22.99 is cheapest used price, according to Pricegrabber.

i dont have a mediaplay near me, but i picked one up at frys for $19 new. just fyi in case you have a frys near you and want to get a decent price.

If anyone else finds a copy at this price, let me know. I am really starting to think that it may have been a mistake at my Media Play. I mean, it seems totally out of character for them, doesn't it? Maybe they meant to clearance the older, PS2 version of the title. Let me know if you have any luck.

Checking for a store locator for Media Play (nearest is in Rockford 2+ hours away), I see that SamGoody and Suncoast are also owned by same people. I hope that the sale could be for all chains. Anyone know if they do similar deals ala FYE and Coconuts?

I checked a Media Play in Pittsburgh and they were still 29.99. I even had them scanned and searched the store for other racks with another price tag. Maybe since it says August promo they haven't changed it yet. I will try again after the 1st. I would like to get this one.

I went back on the first and they had the deal. It is supposed to be all stores I was told. There are others games there but you have to be careful. It has to say August Promo on the sticker. Some of the copies will have regular prices. I picked up a copy of Tenchu that rang up for 29.99. I told the girl it was supposed to be 12.99 and even pointed to the sign. She got another employee who said yes it is but only certain copies were 12.99. Confused. After about 5 minutes of discussing this the girl employee says, "Media Play does this all the time, advertise stuff and we don't have it" Of course I showed her that they did have it and she begins to explain that only certain copies are featured. She said they were the free copies that the supplier gives them. Now two employees are standing there and I bring up that it's a bait and switch then. The guy looks at me with a small look of terror and says, "that's illegal" The manager refused to come out of the back to resolve the issue. They managed to find a copy with the August Promo sticker on it so I got the game for 12.99. All in all, it was fun but just another reason to never shop at Media Play except when they have a good deal which is few and far between.

[quote name='badtzm']yeah there arent media plays in dfw...there are sam goodys.. i wonder if they are doing the same deal? anyone know?[/quote]

I don't think there are Media Play stores in St. Louis, though we have Sam Goody stores around here.

Hope they're doing a similar deal there as well.

bread's done
Back