Terabyte7's Name My Baby Contest! Contest Over!

Terabyte7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
UPDATE: I just wanted to let everyone know that my wife had a beautiful baby girl on 1/25, and we named her Zelda Elizabeth. Thanks alot for all the interest.

The contest is over...we have decided on the name Gabriel Owen, and I'm giving the credit for the name Gabriel to PanzerNinja for being the first one to suggest it. Thanks alot to everyone for all the great suggestions! Maybe for the next baby we'll sell the rights to name in on eBay!

Terabyte7

OK, my wife is pregnant and we decided not to learn the sex of the baby. We came up with a girl's name right away, but are having no luck coming up with a boy's name. We want the first name to be an uncommon one, but the middle name can be a common one. And since we love video games so much, we're hoping to find a name based on a video game character. So here are the rules:

1. We're only looking for boy names...either first or first & middle.
2. While we would prefer a video game character name, any unusual name will do.
3. Mario, Luigi, & Link have already been ruled out.
4. Free bumps will be greatly appreciated.

I will run the contest for about a week (until around 1/15). My wife and I will decide amongst all entries posted to this thread which name we like the most. Whomever we determine as the winner, even if we don't end up using the name, will get to choose any one item off my tradelist (with a few exceptions) as your prize!

Thanks in advance!!!
Terabyte7

Update: For those who desire a little more family info...both my wife and I are caucasian. I am primarily of English & Polish decent, and she is mostly of Dutch/Irish & American Indian decent. I'll leave the last name to your imagination. And there will be no naming of our children after any of our immediate relatives...I don't like any of the available choices.

Arguably the two best NES games ever in one name of asskickery. While not unusual, it won't get your kid beat up in school for having a weird ass name.

"Little" Mac also works too.

What's the girl's name you came up with?[/quote]

And getting beat up in school builds character. :)

Adrian Farenheights (Tepes) or as he's better known as

ALUCARD!!!!

In my opinion one of the coolest video game characters created. Or how about Dante Vergil, or Sparda Dante.

Ohh how about Richter? or Julius? maybe even Simon or Trevor, but Trevor doesn't sound as cool (sorry to anyone named Trevor).

Dekar
for the first name, it's a pretty cool name. (swordsman from Lufia 2) I also like the love for the FF3 names.

Its the name I plan on giving my son, should I ever be privileged enough to have one, but given my track record with the ladies I doubt I'll ever get that far.

Garrett

The hero (though he didn't want to be) of the Thief series.

Maverick Hunter
Simon Dante
Lloyd Dawson
Roy Edward
Marth Edward
Yoshi
Xepher

Joke suggestions:
Reggie
Pikachu
Nidoran Male
Ganon Sephiroth

Poor Kid :cry:.

Keep the name semi-normal so he/she doesn't get any flak for it. Like...

Seifer

It can almost pass as a normal name... but it's still badass and would have a story behind it. If Seifer is a bit too hardcore go with a simple

Leon

Bam! Problem solved.

As for a middle name, use your fathers name. There is no other substitute.

First name:

Zoidberg

Okay, so that's not really based in a video game(though there was a Futurama video game...), but it's still a cool and unusual name.

Middle name:

Phillip

Gotta keep with the theme.

[quote name='Sooner']First name:

Zoidberg

[/QUOTE]

AHHH Thread Over! We have a name!! Zoidberg FTW!

I have a question though, OP.
If you are truly serious about this 100% can you provide us with some more detailed info about your family..?

Such as last name, race, nationality..etc :) If you don't feel comfortable, that's totally cool but IMO knowing the persons last name may help with a better first name. When First, Middle, and Last name run together smoothly..ahh, I love people with nice names like that :)

Ashley (call him "ash" like in pokemon) ... it'd be easier if you posted your last name... so we can get say the full name.. know what i mean...

Griffith -- a main character from the game/anime Berserk... he is easily the best character of the series.

Dig Doug _____

Duke Nukem _____ would also be cool, but you know the kid would take 48 trimesters

I kind of hope you are joking.

I suppose Mini Mii is out of the question. My leading suggestion would be Rayman.

Others would be

Revan (Knights of the Old Republic, and perfect for the angel/demon dual nature of children)
Axel (too many games to count)
Gordon Freeman

bread's done
Back