Teslagrad Free on PSN (Cross Buy Glitch Requires PS Plus) YMMV

Lou-Dawg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Figures this has to be a glitch.  I was browsing the Weekly Deals section on Playstation Store and Teslagrad showed up as Free.  Added to cart and successfully checked out, now own all three versions (Cross Buy).  Please confirm if this works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... Looks like it was part of September's lineup, but 'purchasing' the Vita version removed the PS Plus expiration date for me.  So I guess I own it now (not that I would ever let my PS Plus Expire).  Anyone who cares about this sort of thing can buy it on PSN and confirm in their account that they now 'own' it.

It's alive! thanks...

The only version that was free for me was the vita version but once I checked out all the other versions became available for free (cross buy) but it appears to require a PSN+ subscription to work.

It's one of those cross buy glitches.  When a cross buy game that was a Plus game on one platform, comes out at a later date for another platform, buying the latest cross buy version for free gives a new license.  So rebuying the other versions gets rid of the original Plus license and replaces it with a no expiration one.

It's one of those cross buy glitches. When a cross buy game that was a Plus game on one platform, comes out at a later date for another platform, buying the latest cross buy version for free gives a new license. So rebuying the other versions gets rid of the original Plus license and replaces it with a no expiration one.
Thanks for the explanation. Updated thread title. I would love to find more of these so I can lock in the licenses just as a precaution.

It's one of those cross buy glitches. When a cross buy game that was a Plus game on one platform, comes out at a later date for another platform, buying the latest cross buy version for free gives a new license. So rebuying the other versions gets rid of the original Plus license and replaces it with a no expiration one.
They're not glitches. That's how Cross Buy works. They port the game to a new platform and is made free for those that owned it prior due to Cross Buy. There's a list in the PSN thread of the various former PS+ games that has happened to.

They're not glitches. That's how Cross Buy works. They port the game to a new platform and is made free for those that owned it prior due to Cross Buy. There's a list in the PSN thread of the various former PS+ games that has happened to.
I should have checked your thread. You're on top of it.

I doubt that very much.

From Frisky's PSN thread - If you grabbed the original versions of these games when they were available on PS+, you can grab these new ports or whatever on new platforms for free thanks to Cross Buy support. The nice thing is that these versions have no time limit attached to them, so they're your's to keep forever.

It's not going to die. You likely never bought the Plus version when it was a free game.

bread's done
Back