Test Drive a Chrome Notebook

[quote name='A Gamer']CR-48 Tracker is up...

Still working on the back-end a bit, so if you find some bugs just bear with me.[/QUOTE]

holy fuck you are amazing!!!

this doesn't mean I got one, but it will surely helps finding out if I do :)

Whoaaaaaaaaa now that's pretty damn sweet. Cheers to you A Gamer!

(Searched my city, and one was delivered yesterday. :whistle2:o)

Still working on the back-end a bit, so if you find some bugs just bear with me.[/QUOTE]

HOLY SHIT !!! 1 came to my city ( VERY small city ) / But it says it was shipped on the 9th and delivered the 9th so does that mean it wasnt me :(

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']You guys should know that this is supposed to be like a beta, and that this isn't just supposed to be about you getting to mess with a free netbook, but also about you submitting feedback to help them improve their product.

I, myself, am going to skip this. I want nothing to do with Google's attempts to dumb down computing.[/QUOTE]
I agree.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']HOLY SHIT !!! 1 came to my city ( VERY small city ) / But it says it was shipped on the 9th and delivered the 9th so does that mean it wasnt me :([/QUOTE]

Same here, and I'm also in a tiny little town. I suppose it could happen.

They were shipped Next Day Air (i.e. overnight express service) form the Louisville hub (major UPS facility) shortly after midnight, but still before the sort. So, many of the packages are effectively shipped and delivered on the same day!

They shipped out a bunch more this afternoon, and they are going out UPS Ground, so much more interesting to track... The 'only in transit for 4 to 8 hours' sux for my site, not to mention seems to confuse the heck out of a lot of people...

[quote name='Xfactor19990']A-gamer, so you think they will ship more tonight like midnight, is that what they have been doing?[/QUOTE]
As I posted, they shipped another bunch (just over 2000) this afternoon. But they are going out UPS Ground this time. The actual shipping data hasn't updated yet (i.e. no ETA), so I haven't updated my tracker yet. Basically, the shipping data was uploaded but UPS does not have the packages, yet.
[quote name='Nemesis135n']Oh man it says the one in my city will be delivered on the 13th, THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME! No other way to get specific?[/QUOTE]
The most you can see is the city and state. The UPS tracking site does not show recipient names, street addresses, or zip codes. So, even if I provided the tracking number, or reference number, you would still be in the dark.
[quote name='Xfactor19990']how can we confirm that we are in?[/QUOTE]
Not that I know of.

[quote name='A Gamer']As I posted, they shipped another bunch (just over 2000) this afternoon. But they are going out UPS Ground this time. The actual shipping data hasn't updated yet (i.e. no ETA), so I haven't updated my tracker yet. Basically, the shipping data was uploaded but UPS does not have the packages, yet.

The most you can see is the city and state. The UPS tracking site does not show recipient names, street addresses, or zip codes. So, even if I provided the tracking number, or reference number, you would still be in the dark.

Not that I know of.[/QUOTE]
you think i should resubmit, any mention of disqualifying?

Thanks for this. I've never won a thing in my life and all I really said in my application is that I'm a starving college student and would probably hump the thing in classes, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Looks like quite a few have been sent to Washington already, so I'm even further down the totem pole. Sigh.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thanks. There's one coming to my city today :pray:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='tekssx']holy fuck you are amazing!!![/QUOTE]
[quote name='Drachaus']Whoaaaaaaaaa now that's pretty damn sweet. Cheers to you A Gamer! [/QUOTE]
[quote name='Vader582']This is awesome! Thanks![/QUOTE]
[quote name='Yamato']Thanks! :applause:[/QUOTE]
[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']You never seem to disappoint. Thank you A Gamer![/QUOTE]
[quote name='NoDAK']Another useful A Gamer tracker. Thanks, man![/QUOTE]
You guys know how you can thank me, right? Click on the banner on the top from time to time... Or click through on the bottom one before you go to buy something from Amazon... K?

Yes, YOU can encourage me to keep that tracker updated... And to make more trackers when possible... All just by clicking on an ad or two from time to time. ;)

So just curious, would there be any way that they would figure out that you were lying on this sign up form? Just to be clear, I didn't lie on mine, but I was just thinking and people could easily just check everything, couldn't they?

Interesting question. I live in a town that is Saint (Insert Name Here). If I were to look it up would be spelled as St., St, or actually spelled out as Saint?

[quote name='killer9']Ad block plus blocks ads is there ads A Gamer?[/QUOTE]
Yes... There are 2 ads. One above and one below the content. You can disable the ad filtering just for my sites (click on the little triangle next to the ABP icon, and select "Disable on addicted-gamer.com") if you want to be able to support my trackers (or other nifty projects).

[quote name='Mirpkered']Interesting question. I live in a town that is Saint (Insert Name Here). If I were to look it up would be spelled as St., St, or actually spelled out as Saint?[/QUOTE]
It will show up exactly as you entered it when you submitted your shipping address... So, if you sent it to "Seighnt Insert Name Here", then search for Seighnt Insert Name Here...
Code:
+---------------------+----------+
| Saint Cities        | count(*) |
| SAINT AUGUSTINE     |        2 |
| SAINT CHARLES       |        2 |
| SAINT CLOUD         |        2 |
| SAINT INIGOES       |        1 |
| SAINT JOSEPH        |        3 |
| SAINT LOUIS         |       13 |
| SAINT MARYS         |        1 |
| SAINT PARIS         |        1 |
| SAINT PAUL          |       16 |
| SAINT PETERS        |        2 |
| SAINT PETERSBURG    |        8 |
| SAINTPETERSBURG     |        1 |
| ST CLAIR SHORES     |        1 |
| ST LOUIS            |        1 |
| ST PETERSBURG       |        2 |

So does anyone know how fast turn-around is on this? I live in a fairly small town and I did my application this morning. The tracker says that one got shipped today! I'm hoping it is me! Good luck everyone!

[quote name='killer9']ok i did it i clicked on the adds is that all or what?[/QUOTE]
Ca-TCHING!!!!! :applause:

Yep, that is all... Thanks. Each click nets me a couple pennies...

Now if only all 14k hits so far TODAY clicked on an add, I would be a rich man.

[quote name='A Gamer']Ca-TCHING!!!!! :applause:

Yep, that is all... Thanks. Each click nets me a couple pennies...

Now if only all 14k hits so far TODAY clicked on an add, I would be a rich man.[/QUOTE]

I clicked too. Thanks for taking the time to do this. It just adds to the excitement even if I don't get one.

Clicked some ads, just checked the tracker for the flip of it and there is 1 package coming to Zanesville, OH! Could be mine, small town full of idiots who don't know how to use the intarwebz. Thanks again.

EDIT: Sorry if I offended anyone on here from Zanesville, haha.

I know I'm a little late saying this, but A Gamer, you are awesome.

The only problem is now every time I see one shipped to my city I'm going to get my hopes up. :cry:

But two have shipped to my town, which is relatively small. One was delivered on the 9th, and one is going to be delivered on the 13th. Let the hoping begin. :D

Thanks my friend, I'll add this to the original post.

Hey A Gamer, would you mind me passing around the link to the tracker? I have a few friends that wouldn't mind using it. I would of course tell them that they need to click your banners.

[quote name='Drachaus']Hey A Gamer, would you mind me passing around the link to the tracker? I have a few friends that wouldn't mind using it. I would of course tell them that they need to click your banners.[/QUOTE]
Feel free to spread it around... Post it to forums beyond my reach... The more the merrier. ;)

Course, if you can encourage people to support it, then I would be most grateful to you... :applause:

Lets see...

Redmond Washington (home of Windoze): 16 units... Spys much anyone?

Cupertino California (home of OS X): 9 units... Spys much some more?

I know... Both of those are very big cities, with lots of non-biased people... I just though it was fun.

bread's done
Back