Test Drive Unlimited Car Packs Revealed

Swift900

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
In an interview done by The Hollywood Reporter with the hurting game publisher, Atari, some interesting details regarding the upcoming Test Drive Unlimited were revealed.

[quote name='The Hollywood Reporter']Atari will also be experimenting with other downloadable content, beginning with additional "car packs" to supplement the 90 cars in "Test Drive Unlimited." Pack #1 will be released six weeks after the game's launch and subsequent packs will be available every month for nine months through June 2007. Eventually, gamers will be able to add 40 cars to their fleet.

"There will be a Corvette pack, a Ferrari pack, a German car pack, and so on," explains Fajors. "Some will be free, others will be priced as high as $7. The idea is to build a new revenue stream of microtransactions for Atari as well as to continuously refresh the original boxed product. And it is in keeping with our new strategy of focusing on the online space where we'll be making some fairly major investments."[/quote]

Richlough, the good news is the Corvettes are on the way... the bad news, they may cost up to $7.

Anyways, the rest of the article is a decent read, focusing mainly on Atari and the big changes they are making as a company. If you are interested in checking it out you can find it here.

[quote name='Swift900']

Richlough, the good news is the Corvettes are on the way... the bad news, they may cost up to $7.
[/QUOTE]

Wow , I'm flattered that you remembered that . Much appreciated info .

Now if someone would make a mission based Smokey and the Bandit game , I'll be all set .

up to $7...ouch! After the whole 250pts for Horse Armor and 1200pts for GRAW C2 debates...this will definately get ugly. Wonder how much content for the $7 packs?

[quote name='Transformah']Price for the game was announced... $39.95. That may take a little bite out of the $7 add-ons.[/quote]

I was just about to start a thread on this. I was thinking the same thing. Smart move on their part.

NEW YORK, July 20: Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAR), one of the world's most recognized brands and a leading third-party video game publisher, today announced official pricing for its upcoming, highly- anticipated next-generation racing game, Test Drive Unlimited. Atari will offer Test Drive Unlimited for Xbox 360TM video game and entertainment system from Microsoft for US$39.95. To further extend consumers' gaming experiences, Test Drive Unlimited car packs featuring six or more cars, complete with genre-specific radio stations, will be available for download monthly, beginning six weeks after launch on Xbox Live Marketplace.
http://www.gamersreports.com/

[quote name='doubledown']Wow, $40....nice, tempting now. Now you can spend $20 on Marketplace Downloads ;)[/QUOTE]

It would be roughly the same price I paid for Rumble Roses XX. And we all know how awesome of a deal that game was.

bread's done
Back