Testing the water on SNES GEMS

yashiroae86

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
I have a sealed copy of Final Fantasy III and Chrono Trigger that I am thinking of letting go for the right price!

FF3IV.jpg

FF3III.jpg

FF3II.jpg

FF3.jpg

Chrono2.jpg

Chrono3.jpg

Chrono4.jpg

Chrono.jpg

Chrono5.jpg

As you can see from the picture, the seal on Chrono Trigger looks loose and the edges are worn almost as if it was opened and resealed and there are two small holes in the carton. But tell you the truth this is how i got them both, IF it was resealed it was not by me. It's either that OR the heat got to the wrapping and it expanded, those are my guesses...So i'm just seeing what offers are thrown at me and I might let them go!

THANKS FOR LOOKING!

[quote name='Salty Nachooo']you can download those as roms for free- plus does anybody even play those gay games?[/QUOTE]

Leave

@ Salty - Well I posted this for people interested in collecting
@ nnthomas - agreed
@ Arkias - Yea thats what I was thinking and also dreading hahaha but Ill never know unless someone buys it and opens it or I open it myself...which is unlikely

BUMP!!!

[quote name='Salty Nachooo']you can download those as roms for free- plus does anybody even play those gay games?[/QUOTE]

Is your personality so bland and uninteresting that you have to garner attention by acting like a loser?

fuckin' kids these days.

those are both reseals. not trying to be the jerk who downplays the thread, but there is a massive difference in value from a resealed copy of FF3 to an authentic sealed copy.

wow, that's the saddest thing I have ever read in my life... efffin troll

ff3 seal looks like it would have been back in the day

The sad part is he's not joking, he's being serious

Jeez making me go 0_o

@moneymaker - no worries dude, thats why im testing the waters since I dont know and the values are different
@backseatdog - thanks
@whoknows - I hope they arent resealed hahaha
@saltynachooo - it could have gotten damaged while being sealed but we'll never know until theyre opened

BUMP!

Hmmm (Just posting here so I can come back to this later when I get more moolah in my paypal account!)...but I'd probably only offer like 120 for both.

Great games, clean boxes, would be very nice additions for a collection. I don't trust those seals for a second. Then again I don't trust any seal ever.

I'd be interested if they were open box but I can't even trust that they're complete. I guess that's why I don't buy "sealed" games.

Good luck selling them. A high risk buyer might see value here.

Like others have said these are both clearly reseals, if your being honest about what your saying OP and not trying to rip anyone off (for example if you knew it was resealed with a worthless game inside) you should have no guilt in opening these games since they would be worth more to buyers if they knew what all is included and the condition of it all. IIRC both of these games came with 2 extra maps.

Damn. If those aren't reseals you can get some good money for them. I was looking for some old SNES games of my past, FF3 and CT included, and they were going for hundreds on ebay. (ended up only buying FF3 for ~25$ used)
But even opened Crono Trigger was going for alot, somewhere in the price range of $60-$100 used. I'd have to +1 FOnewearl, if they were retail they'd have some sweet maps in them, plus the instruction manuals. I don't think you'd lose much money opening them and being sure they contain everything, only my opinion though.
Let me know if you do! I'd be interested in seeing.

@speedracer - yes they would be nice to anyone collection
@Fonewearl - yea im not trying to rip anyone off, like i said this is how i got them...I seriously hope they are factory sealed...ive seen seals expand like CT before so thats why im on the fence...and I also dont wanna open them in case a buyer does want it new you know?
Thanks for the interest guys!

BUMP!!!

@Zackattack33 - Yea i saw them on ebay too and because of the uncertainty of th real condition im not treating them as super rare factory sealed...but if i decided to open CT ill let you know!

BUMP!

[quote name='yashiroae86']I seriously hope they are factory sealed[/QUOTE]

They are not factory sealed, I'd bet my last dollar on it. I saw this thread and just out of curiosity checked it out. Sounded like you had some serious gems if they were factory sealed but looking at your pictures it wasn't looking good since I couldn't see a seem on the back of the boxes then I noticed the white showing on the Chrono Trigger under the plastic wrap amongst other minor things.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Ninte...ames_Games&hash=item1e69a12155#ht_2335wt_1378

I see two graded copies of Final Fantasy III for the SNES on eBay but I'm not gonna bother linking either of them as they both only have 1 picture and don't show the seem on the back.

FWIW my .02 is that if I was buying either of these games I wouldn't be willing to pay much more then I'd be willing to pay for the boxes themselves.

[quote name='theking20']The sad part is he's not joking, he's being serious

Jeez making me go 0_o[/QUOTE]

nothing but the truth boy- amen-

[quote name='FOnewearl']Like others have said these are both clearly reseals, if your being honest about what your saying OP and not trying to rip anyone off (for example if you knew it was resealed with a worthless game inside) you should have no guilt in opening these games since they would be worth more to buyers if they knew what all is included and the condition of it all. IIRC both of these games came with 2 extra maps.[/QUOTE]

This. Might be interested as well if I knew for sure the content was there and the condition. Can't trust the "seals."

Was originally going to post that they're both bad reseals, but saw others beat me to it.

@Fonewearl - yea i see the differences :/ but you never know! hahah jk yea they doo looked resealed but even if they are but everything is in there they are still worth a bit
@AugustAPC - LOL
@MrNEWZ - Im interested in whats inside as well but i dont want to risk opening them just for that .01% chance that theyre legit

BUMP!!!

You are going to have to open them if you want to sell them. Whoever resealed them could have put Buster Busts Loose inside and then sold it to you.

I dont think this thread is going anywhere and you should either man up and take responsibility and open them or stop bumping cause you are wasting peoples time.

As someone who's collected games for 10 years, and has some experience in factory-sealed collecting, I guarantee you 100% that those are reseals. Both games were originally sealed with a seam running down the center of the back, and Chrono Trigger certainly shows signs of box wear under the plastic. If you're looking for offers, I'd offer you what the boxes are worth (about $40 for the pair, plus shipping, so about $46 shipped, assuming you're within the US), and nothing more, as we don't know for sure what, if anything at all, is inside them (if it's even Final Fantasy III and Chrono Trigger in there...could be Madden 94 for all we know). Of course, upon the opening and verification of contents, I'm certain you'd get some decent offers... A truly complete FF 3 will come with the following:

Box (w/white cardboard inner box with the cartridge placement centered)
Manual
Cart (w/plastic end cap and plastic bag)
Double-sided map (World of Balance on one side, World of Ruin on the other)
Poster
Final Fantasy III Nintendo Power Player's Guide mail-away card
"Whoa! You're not going to believe what's inside!" pamphlet
Consumer info/precautions booklet

Chrono Trigger will also have more than the usual box, manual, and cart:

Box (w/white cardboard inner box with the cartridge placement centered)
Manual
Cart (w/plastic end cap and plastic bag)
Two different double-sided maps
Chrono Trigger mail-away registration card
"Whoa! You're not going to believe what's inside!" pamphlet
Consumer info/precautions booklet

[quote name='yashiroae86']@Fonewearl - yea i see the differences :/ but you never know! hahah jk yea they doo looked resealed but even if they are but everything is in there they are still worth a bit[/QUOTE]

No doubt they are clearly worth much more then your average SNES game, hell even just what we see (the boxes) certainly hold some value but just like the post above this one mentions you'd be looking at much more money if they were factory sealed.

I'm glad I still have my complete (and played) copies of both. The only 2 SNES games I actually paid $80 for new. Totally worth it too.

[quote name='DP2']I'm glad I still have my complete (and played) copies of both. The only 2 SNES games I actually paid $80 for new. Totally worth it too.[/QUOTE]

Me too except I also paid $80 for Street Fighter II. WORTH IT.

@mb7241 - thanks for the insight...well I guess if the sale doesn't fall through ill open the and post pics of what I find inside

BUMP!!!

THANKS FOR EVERYONES INPUT!!!

[quote name='Foxhound141']The suspense is killing me. I wanna see if FF3 and CT are in there.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I've been keeping an eye on this thread as I wouldn't mind seeing what all is inside of these boxes and what condition it's in.

lol what gives yashiroae86? People are actually making you offers and don't want it opened to see but instead kept
re
sealed? if they end up buying.

[quote name='FOnewearl']Ditto, I've been keeping an eye on this thread as I wouldn't mind seeing what all is inside of these boxes and what condition it's in.

lol what gives yashiroae86? People are actually making you offers and don't want it opened to see but instead kept
re
sealed? if they end up buying.[/QUOTE]

I'm all for mystery.

Reseals clearly arent sealed value so what's the loss from opening them?

They might as well be sold complete as-is.

IMO though.

[quote name='nnthomas']Reseals clearly arent sealed value so what's the loss from opening them?

They might as well be sold complete as-is.

IMO though.[/QUOTE]

agree with ya there. I just realllllly want a shot at these if they are in fact the aforementioned games.

CT was definitely resealed. A brand new game would not get creases on the opening flaps simply due to shelfwear/age. FFIII looks nicer but that also looks like a reseal.

OP, I wouldn't risk trying to sell these as "new". Anyone who gets them could open them to check and say inside was some cheaper game and/or it was missing something.

I'd open them up myself and check the contents, then sell them off as opened/complete. Besides, that FFIII looks gem mint.

[quote name='Vinny']CT was definitely resealed. A brand new game would not get creases on the opening flaps simply due to shelfwear/age. FFIII looks nicer but that also looks like a reseal.

OP, I wouldn't risk trying to sell these as "new". Anyone who gets them could open them to check and say inside was some cheaper game and/or it was missing something.

I'd open them up myself and check the contents, then sell them off as opened/complete. Besides, that FFIII looks gem mint.[/QUOTE]

This. Someone could buy and replace the carts with Madden 94' and scam you.

Well thanks everyone for your input and because of your help the buyer has agreed to let me open the games to find out whats inside...will post pics in the morning cuz I'm really tired lol
thanks again guys!

Yuuup, beyond all doubt, those were resealed, lol. You're missing several advertisements from both games, and the condition of item items speaks toward that notion.

bread's done
Back