TGS to reveal Endless Crisis : FFVII for PS3?

[quote name='Thomas96']If they do... Nintendo and MS.. should pack up and go home.. [I think nintendo did already][/quote]

Isn't that a bit bold when:

1) It is JUST a rumor at this point

2) If it isn't a rumor, there are still no details.. it could be a sequel to dirge of cerberus as far as you know.

3) Microsoft has Halo, Nintendo has Smash brothers and Mario Galaxy -- They have no reason to 'go home' -- as they have several lucrative projects on the horizon.

4) At least one itteration of a FFXIII game is going to both a Nintendo and Microsoft console.. and realistically speaking, Nintendo is getting WAY more of Square's attention than Sony right now. DQ9.

So, in conclusion, Good for Sony if they get a quality Square-Enix exclusive. I hope it happens!

However, it is is crazy to write Sony's competition because of a seriously-lacking-in-details rumor.

[quote name='BattleChicken']Isn't that a bit bold when:

2) If it isn't a rumor, there are still no details.. it could be a sequel to dirge of cerberus as far as you know.

3) Microsoft has Halo, Nintendo has Smash brothers and Mario Galaxy -- They have no reason to 'go home' -- as they have several lucrative projects on the horizon.

4) At least one itteration of a FFXIII game is going to both a Nintendo and Microsoft console.. and realistically speaking, Nintendo is getting WAY more of Square's attention than Sony right now. DQ9.

So, in conclusion, Good for Sony if they get a quality Square-Enix exclusive. I hope it happens!

However, it is is crazy to write Sony's competition because of a seriously-lacking-in-details rumor.[/quote]

Yep. It's just milking the cash cow, nothing more. Trust me, S-E has great interest in Nintendo with their new found success and Square has personally wanted to get involved in the casual gamer/group gaming demographic for a long time. Remember Crystal Chronicles on Gamecube?

Plus, if anything, Endless Crisis can only hope to save Sony's TGS appearance this year, because Nintendo was planning on hitting TGS REALLY hard.

[quote name='Thomas96']If they do... Nintendo and MS.. should pack up and go home.. [I think nintendo did already][/QUOTE]

With bags of money Sony wishes they could have, yeah.

I don't even think ManaKnight is this stupid.

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']A little off topic but anyone else find the name "ENDLESS Crisis" for a FINAL Fantasy title a little ironic.[/QUOTE]

It's an RPG, the title doesn't have to make a lick of sense. It just has to sound cool.

[quote name='FxhoundADAM']A little off topic but anyone else find the name "ENDLESS Crisis" for a FINAL Fantasy title a little ironic.[/quote]
It is as equally ironic as "Final" Fantasy having like 40 games. :)

[quote name='Strell']With bags of money Sony wishes they could have, yeah.

I don't even think ManaKnight is this stupid.[/QUOTE]

oh shit.. here comes the trolls! You followed that rainbow didn't ya... little leprechaun boy!

[quote name='BattleChicken']Isn't that a bit bold when:

However, it is is crazy to write Sony's competition because of a seriously-lacking-in-details rumor.[/QUOTE]

the IF that's at the beginning of the statement indicates my acknowledgement that this is a rumor... as almost everything that comes out of qj.net.

5) it could be true and it could make hoardes of people buy PS3.

[quote name='Thomas96']oh shit.. here comes the trolls! You followed that rainbow didn't ya... little leprechaun boy![/QUOTE]

Can the PS3 make rainbows?

Is that before or after it floats in the air and makes waffles? I just need to make sure.

[quote name='Strell']Can the PS3 make rainbows?

Is that before or after it floats in the air and makes waffles? I just need to make sure.[/QUOTE]

why don't you tune in to your Wii Vote channel and vote on it...

[quote name='Thomas96']why don't you tune in to your Wii Vote channel and vote on it...[/QUOTE]

I already hit the limit of submitting one question a day.

"Can Thomas96 remove a child proof lid on a bottle of Tylenol?"

Maybe tomorrow.

Here's a hint: Both answers feature really creative ways of saying no.

[quote name='Thomas96']If they do... Nintendo and MS.. should pack up and go home.. [I think nintendo did already][/quote]
Sorry dude, but that could be one of the dumbest statements I've heard in a while. If anything, it'll be allowing Sony to pack up and join in the journey. The PS3 does not have near the install base that MS or Nintendo do, nor does it have any games of "system seller" magnitude (though MGS 4 may help). If they can essentially re-release FFVII, that will definitely help sell systems, but it won't make Sony the "winner" of the next-gen wars.

It could be a gorgeous remake of one of the most popular RPGs ever...

...or it could be another lackluster FFVII side story game that nobody will get excited about.

Odds are even.

[quote name='Strell']I already hit the limit of submitting one question a day.

"Can Thomas96 remove a child proof lid on a bottle of Tylenol?"

Maybe tomorrow.

Here's a hint: Both answers feature really creative ways of saying no.[/QUOTE]

If it's to make you [help you] OD.. you better believe I can... and Will!

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Sorry dude, but that could be one of the dumbest statements I've heard in a while. If anything, it'll be allowing Sony to pack up and join in the journey. The PS3 does not have near the install base that MS or Nintendo do, nor does it have any games of "system seller" magnitude (though MGS 4 may help). If they can essentially re-release FFVII, that will definitely help sell systems, but it won't make Sony the "winner" of the next-gen wars.[/QUOTE]

you know that's a nice prediction you have there.. but why predict sometthing so far.. youre talking about a game that's just a rumor, no release date, no nothing. And you reacting to a statement that I made that's only saying that if this game is announced it'd probably be the biggest news of the show. If this game comes out in late 2009, who knows how many PS3s will be available [in homes] then.. plus the PS3s that the game might sell, and that's assuming that its a blockbuster title.

[quote name='Thomas96']If it's to make you [help you] OD.. you better believe I can... and Will![/QUOTE]

I'll just have to keep a look out for any short buses stopping outside my house then.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Sorry dude, but that could be one of the dumbest statements I've heard in a while. If anything, it'll be allowing Sony to pack up and join in the journey. The PS3 does not have near the install base that MS or Nintendo do, nor does it have any games of "system seller" magnitude (though MGS 4 may help). If they can essentially re-release FFVII, that will definitely help sell systems, but it won't make Sony the "winner" of the next-gen wars.[/quote]

Yeah I don't see ff7 having that kind of pull. Granted it will be cool too see. It is a pretty dumb statement, but so were the legions of people saying Sony is doomed like 3 weeks after the system came out. And not nearly enough people got shit for that.

[quote name='Blackout542']And not nearly enough people get shit for continuing to say that.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. Xbox 360 didn't sell a single console in Japan last week. ZOMG it is doomed! :lol:

[quote name='Strell']I'll just have to keep a look out for any short buses stopping outside my house then.[/QUOTE]

Nooo strell , when you see the short bus, that's when you get your princess toadstool lunchbox and go to school. Remember, your mama said if you forget your lunchbox, she's not gonna bring you lunch.

[quote name='mykevermin']It could be a gorgeous remake of one of the most popular RPGs ever...

...or it could be another lackluster FFVII side story game that nobody will get excited about.

Odds are even.[/QUOTE]

Given the track record with spin-offs, I'm not sure even a best case scenario would be that big of a deal. Remakes (RE, Tomb Raider, etc) tend to sell reasonably well, but they're not exactly system movers.

[quote name='mykevermin']Fixed. Xbox 360 didn't sell a single console in Japan last week. ZOMG it is doomed![/QUOTE]

Isn't it?

[quote name='mykevermin']It could be a gorgeous remake of one of the most popular RPGs ever...

Odds are even.[/quote]Come on remake! Although, it will probably end up being another side story. :cry:

[quote name='trq']Given the track record with spin-offs, I'm not sure even a best case scenario would be that big of a deal. Remakes (RE, Tomb Raider, etc) tend to sell reasonably well, but they're not exactly system movers.[/QUOTE]

I'm not particularly concerned if it moves systems, but if they're going to invest money in a FFVII-themed game, they'll certainly get larger sales if they remake FFVII than if they put together another lackluster side story.

Square pretty much has remade everything [final fantasy] they've ever made... they've remade everything from nes to snes... might as well start on ps1 titles.

[quote name='mykevermin']Fixed. Xbox 360 didn't sell a single console in Japan last week. ZOMG it is doomed! :lol:[/quote]

True fix. It also falls in line with "PSP costs too much" and "PSP has no games" or "Gamecube doesn't have any good games to play".

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm not particularly concerned if it moves systems, but if they're going to invest money in a FFVII-themed game, they'll certainly get larger sales if they remake FFVII than if they put together another lackluster side story.[/QUOTE]

This is true.

Sorry... I havent been paying attention to the thread. Thomas96 vs. Strell is just to damn interesting.

Thomas96 is kicking ass...

I absolutely love that, "Why dont you turn on your wii and vote on it?"

ahhaha, priceless.

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Sorry... I havent been paying attention to the thread. Thomas96 vs. Strell is just to damn interesting.

Thomas96 is kicking ass...

I absolutely love that, "Why dont you turn on your wii and vote on it?"

ahhaha, priceless.[/quote]

... I don't even know how to start addressing how utterly stupid this post is. :wall:

So I won't.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm not particularly concerned if it moves systems, but if they're going to invest money in a FFVII-themed game, they'll certainly get larger sales if they remake FFVII than if they put together another lackluster side story.[/quote]

If its a FF7 remake, maybe they'll forgo the new dungeon.. and just finish the game this time.

[quote name='NamelessMC']Yep. It's just milking the cash cow, nothing more. Trust me, S-E has great interest in Nintendo with their new found success and Square has personally wanted to get involved in the casual gamer/group gaming demographic for a long time. Remember Crystal Chronicles on Gamecube?

Plus, if anything, Endless Crisis can only hope to save Sony's TGS appearance this year, because Nintendo was planning on hitting TGS REALLY hard.[/QUOTE]
This is a joke right? Nintendo doesn't even go to TGS. And yeah, S-E really likes to milk the cash cow, they don't have the kind of creativity it takes to come up with Mario in Space, Mario Party 8000, or Mario Plays Soccer.

[quote name='BattleChicken']If its a FF7 remake, maybe they'll forgo the new dungeon.. and just finish the game this time.[/QUOTE]
Finish the game? I get the first reference, but not the one about finishing the game. Did they release a game without an ending?

[quote name='elwood731']Finish the game? I get the first reference, but not the one about finishing the game. Did they release a game without an ending?[/QUOTE]
I think he was implying, based on a really old internet rumor, that VII's ending was incomplete. Many people who believe this also insist that, in the fictional extended version of the game that Square didn't have time to finish, Aerith was meant to be revived.

Of course, none of this is true, but some people cling to it as if it were.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I think he was implying, based on a really old internet rumor, that VII's ending was incomplete. Many people who believe this also insist that, in the fictional extended version of the game that Square didn't have time to finish, Aerith was meant to be revived.

Of course, none of this is true, but some people cling to it as if it were.[/QUOTE]
Ah, thanks. I guess I had heard that before, but I never gave it much thought. It reminded me of the people who thought General Leo could be revived somehow in FFVI.

this thread is a train wreck at the center of a nuclear explosion caused by a airplane crash that causes a zombie outbreak midst flash floods and riots.

A DISASTER

Thomas: you're not doing any Sony fans a favor with your arrogance or childish ways.

Strell: You're witty, you win.

As for the remake, yeah, I would love to see this happen, but it's not going to be PS3's savior. FFVII carried the original playstation, but the circumstances are different now. At the time, FFVII was a groundbreaking RPG in it's mass market appeal, cinematic quality, and graphics. Now, it's just another in a long string of beatings Square has been giving to it's most fan adored horse.

It's also coming out on a console that costs twice as much as the original system, and twice as much as it's competition. Quite an odd reversal, considering the original playstation cost almost half as much as it's main competition at launch, the Saturn.

NOTHING, but NOTHING will reverse PS3's position unless that price reaches a reasonable ~300 level. And that will not be happening in the next two years. Regardless of quality, people have a limit to what they will spend, and Sony served as the guinea pig for discovering that price this generation. Someone should have told them about the charred corpse of the 3D0 guinea pig.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I think he was implying, based on a really old internet rumor, that VII's ending was incomplete. Many people who believe this also insist that, in the fictional extended version of the game that Square didn't have time to finish, Aerith was meant to be revived.

Of course, none of this is true, but some people cling to it as if it were.[/quote]

Na.. She shows up in Midgar at the church late disc 2 or 3... as a flickering 'ghost'. once you walk up too close, though, the game kind of froze up for a few seconds, and it went away.

I just think they changed the ending to fit a deadline, and I don't think they ended it the way they originally intended.

[quote name='BattleChicken']Na.. She shows up in Midgar at the church late disc 2 or 3... as a flickering 'ghost'. once you walk up too close, though, the game kind of froze up for a few seconds, and it went away.

I just think they changed the ending to fit a deadline, and I don't think they ended it the way they originally intended.[/quote]I remember that.

That made me sad.

[quote name='jer7583']this thread is a train wreck at the center of a nuclear explosion caused by a airplane crash that causes a zombie outbreak midst flash floods and riots.

A DISASTER

Thomas: you're not doing any Sony fans a favor with your arrogance or childish ways.

Strell: You're witty, you win.

As for the remake, yeah, I would love to see this happen, but it's not going to be PS3's savior. FFVII carried the original playstation, but the circumstances are different now. At the time, FFVII was a groundbreaking RPG in it's mass market appeal, cinematic quality, and graphics. Now, it's just another in a long string of beatings Square has been giving to it's most fan adored horse.

It's also coming out on a console that costs twice as much as the original system, and twice as much as it's competition. Quite an odd reversal, considering the original playstation cost almost half as much as it's main competition at launch, the Saturn.

NOTHING, but NOTHING will reverse PS3's position unless that price reaches a reasonable ~300 level. And that will not be happening in the next two years. Regardless of quality, people have a limit to what they will spend, and Sony served as the guinea pig for discovering that price this generation. Someone should have told them about the charred corpse of the 3D0 guinea pig.[/QUOTE]

Is the Wii really the PS3s competitor... because if this game was coming out on Wii then you really wouldn't have much of a game. We've all played the Wii version of this about 10 years ago on PS1. We don't need another one. Games sell systems, so if anything is going to reverse the PS3 position, or at least turn the tide, its going to be a game like this. No one wants to play a lame Wii half assed [excuse my french] "oh this is for the casual RPG gamer now" FFVII remake. That was one of the main joys of FFVII, because it was a game that really pushed the envelope for games during its time. A game like this [assuming that its the hotshit we're expecting it to be] is totally justifiable on PS3, at the 500/600 dollar level. By the time this game comes out.. which would probably be some time in 2009, the PS3 will be at a better price range, and they'll be a bigger user base; I forgot which sony rep said this.. but it makes sense.. you can't develop games based on the present market you have to develop games for how the market will be in the future. A HD FFVII remake is a lot more attractive than a wiggle waggle RPG fest FFVII.

- I'm back on topic now... keep the train moving.

[quote name='looploop']I love that translation.
"This guy are sick." FTW[/quote]

teehee

I never knew (or forgot) how vulgar this game was lol. I played it on the PC when it came out (didn't have a psx then), but now I'm playing it on the PSP, and boy the translation really does suck lol. And man...i don't think it hit me at the time, but Hojo tried to get Red to bone Aeris! lol

[quote name='Strell']Can the PS3 make rainbows?

Is that before or after it floats in the air and makes waffles? I just need to make sure.[/quote]

It's planned for the next firmware update

[quote name='pete5883']This is a joke right? Nintendo doesn't even go to TGS. And yeah, S-E really likes to milk the cash cow, they don't have the kind of creativity it takes to come up with Mario in Space, Mario Party 8000, or Mario Plays Soccer.[/quote]

Oh they do. They just don't have a character that consumers actually give two sh#*s about.

I am hoping Square is planning a remake of VII. I don't care which system, just so they do it

Nintendo doesn't need to be at TGS... and either they dont' have anything [new] to show, or their so arrogant, that they know they don't need to be there, and don't want to bother wasting money to set up for the show.

[quote name='Thomas96']That was one of the main joys of FFVII, because it was a game that really pushed the envelope for games during its time.[/quote]
Pop Quiz: Rank the following in order of highest to lowest processing power:

Sega Saturn, Playstation 1, Nintendo 64, Atari Jaguar

Rank them again in price, and re-rank them again in Marketshare.

Then do the same price, power, and marketshare rankings for GC/XBOX/DC/PS2.

Then tell me why Square has chosen the PS1 and 2 for their games.

bread's done
Back