Thank You rewards network now offering Amazon gift cards (eCode)

Greater Malison

CAGiversary!
It is possible they offered them before but I'm posting this now because I would only redeem my Thank You points for Electronics Gift Cards (Best Buy) and Amazon never appeared in that Category until recently. As an example Thank you offers their best buy gift cards like this:

$25 3500 points
$50 6000 points
$100 10000 points

As you can see they slightly reward you for building up your points, however they rarely if ever have the $100 cards in stock for best buy. Which brings me to Amazon. Since you don't have to have codes "in stock" Amazon is offering similar redemption values except their $100 eCode gift card is 9000 points. A pretty nice deal.

And for those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about, Thank you rewards are points you build up for purchases made with Citi brand credit cards. If you have a Citi card you almost certainly have thank you points. Some people are completely unaware of this including a co-worker of mine who discovered she had accumulated over 70,000 points over the last 2 years.

If you are thinking about getting a credit card or if you WERE like me and used your bank's ATM card to do all of your purchasing(receiving no rewards in doing so) you might want to consider a Citi Card. Even if you have never had a card before they have entry level cards where you can accumulate a significant number of rewards points by paying your bill on time, switching to paperless statements and plenty of other deals.

In the past 3 years Ive redeemed my points for almost $1100 in best buy credit cards. If this Amazon deal had existed it would probably be closer to $1500. So for those of you with thank you rewards navigate to Rewards/Gift Cards/Electronic Gift Cards and there you will find the Amazon ones.

YES, FINALLY. Thanks for this bit of news!

I seem to remember seeing Amazon cards on the ThankYou site some years ago, but obviously this hasn't been the case for awhile. Would usually get J&R or other gift cards instead.

Damn, did they up the points for the codes? Oh well, if the Best Buy ones are still the same points, I'll get them instead and convert to kindle. =/

No the points weren't upped. Amazon actually offers the best deal if you can save 9000 points.

Best Buy
$25 3500
$50 6000

Wal-Mart
$25 3500

Amazon
$25 3500
$50 6000
$100 9000

This was available a while ago but suddenly disappeared so I would redeem for O.co or BB gift cards. It was sent in the form of a paper crrtificate with a code. Glad it'd back :)

Well, that didn't last long. Went to redeem some points recently and the Amazon gift card codes are no longer available. I guess that's because you can directly pay for purchases with Thank You points now; unfortunately, they don't translate to 100 points = $1 (the last couple times I redeemed points for Amazon codes, this was the case).

The codes aren't available on the Thankyou Network website, but if you call them on the phone, you can still get Amazon gift codes at $25, $50, and $100 increments at 1,000 points per dollar. I just called today and cashed in 12,500 points for a $100 and $25 amazon gift code, and it was pretty simple.

bread's done
Back