Thank you Wal Mart! (Title Changed)

louieknucks

CAG Veteran
Well I finally found a Wii today at my local Wally World. I was checking out the games and stuff and happened to notice a Wii hiding behind an XBox 360 Premium box. I ran over to the counter and asked the guys working for the Wii hiding behind the 360. They both turned to each other and one of the guys looked pissed all of a sudden. I asked the guy who rang it up for me if they were hiding it for somebody and he said that the other guy was and that he was pissed. I loved seeing the look on his face the first time so I made sure I walked by him again holding the Wii on my way out. Loved the look on his face on both occasions. Either way I'm opening my Wii right now and loving it! :D

I was waiting for one of them to give me some B.S. about I couldn't have it. I was quite surprised that they didn't.

He should have hid it better. I'm pretty sure employees can get fired for hiding merchandise like that. At least that was the case when I worked at Target 13 years ago.

This thread should really be 'Thank goodness for shady Wal-Mart employees' because if they hadn't tried to hide the Wii it would probably have been gone before your trip. ;)

[quote name='louieknucks']I was waiting for one of them to give me some B.S. about I couldn't have it. I was quite surprised that they didn't.[/quote] Then you could've reported him to the manager and he would've been fired on the spot, Wal-marts are very strict when it comes to holding or hiding merchandise.

Congrats on your find but I don't understand why you have to "darn" them. It seems like they were pretty cool to let you buy one in the first place. Or at least the one that wasn't holding the Wii was cool. Anyways, congrats on finding a Wii. Hope you enjoy it as much as the poor employee was going to. Or at least as much as his kids were going to......I keed, I keed.

Yeah, my wife was surprised to see me come home with a Wii. You all are right. I should be thanking him for holding one for me. I never would have expected to pick one up in the afternoon instead of the wee hours of the morning. Loving the Wii Sports by the way. :cool:

[quote name='louieknucks']Well I finally found a Wii today at my local Wally World. I was checking out the games and stuff and happened to notice a Wii hiding behind an XBox 360 Premium box. I ran over to the counter and asked the guys working for the Wii hiding behind the 360. They both turned to each other and one of the guys looked pissed all of a sudden. I asked the guy who rang it up for me if they were hiding it for somebody and he said that the other guy was and that he was pissed. I loved seeing the look on his face the first time so I made sure I walked by him again holding the Wii on my way out. Loved the look on his face on both occasions. Either way I'm opening my Wii right now and loving it! :D[/quote]
Why did you have to rub it in their faces? No offense but that is a pretty dick move. If they hadn't hid it, you wouldn't have gotten it :roll:

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']Why did you have to rub it in their faces? No offense but that is a pretty dick move. If they hadn't hid it, you wouldn't have gotten it :roll:[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking. The OP should be thankful for the Wallyworld stupidity on badly hiding that Wii.

At least I would hide it better. ;)

[quote name='Lou-Dawg']Why did you have to rub it in their faces? No offense but that is a pretty dick move. If they hadn't hid it, you wouldn't have gotten it :roll:[/quote]

The reason I did it again was because of the pissed off look of death that he gave me. Looking back, I could have handled myself with more class but it happened the way it did and I'm just glad to get the Wii.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Exactly what I was thinking. The OP should be thankful for the Wallyworld stupidity on badly hiding that Wii.

At least I would hide it better. ;)[/quote]

He definitely could have kept it hidden if he had put it behind those steering wheels in the bottom of the glass case. Those things have been sitting there forever. I'm not really sure what game or system they are for but I'm sure someone on here knows a lot better than I do.

[quote name='louieknucks']He definitely could have kept it hidden if he had put it behind those steering wheels in the bottom of the glass case. Those things have been sitting there forever. I'm not really sure what game or system they are for but I'm sure someone on here knows a lot better than I do.[/QUOTE]

Or behind Guitar Hero 2. You can easily hide it behind that without a problem.

[quote name='wubb']This thread should really be 'Thank goodness for shady Wal-Mart employees' because if they hadn't tried to hide the Wii it would probably have been gone before your trip. ;)[/QUOTE]
yeah I agree

I know there has to be a PS3 hidden behind the GH IIs at my Wal-Mart. The employees are always shady about hiding stuff like that but they make $200 a week, so they never have the cash to pick the stuff up, so usually a manager will find it and put it out on display.

I used to work at Meijer, which is similar to Wal-Mart. Every time we got in a new batch of action figures or other collectibles, 90% were sold to emplyees before they ever made it out to the shelves. The stuff got stocked in the middle of the night, so there weren't a lot of managers around to keep on eye on things and the night managers usually don't give a shit, which is why they're stuck on night duty to begin with.

What if its not behind the case? on black friday sale I saw a PSP on the register counter? which was on sale I figured it was for hold the last one? sold didn't bother to aksk....

[quote name='louieknucks']The reason I did it again was because of the pissed off look of death that he gave me. Looking back, I could have handled myself with more class but it happened the way it did and I'm just glad to get the Wii.[/QUOTE]
Hey man, we were the same way at the Wii launch at the local K-Mart.

They handed out tickets 2 hours before they opened, so everyone dispersed and went away for the 2 hours before opening. We get back there about 30 minutes before and just sat in the car chuckling at the people lining up, thinking they were getting a Wii. The looks on their faces when they got turned away 25 minutes later was hilarious to us.

I think the Wii makes you cocky and laugh at other peoples' lack of a Wii. Yeah, it's a dick move, but oh well.

bread's done
Back