That much of a difference betweeen DS3, and Sixaxis?

LilPaintballer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
70 (100%)
Well Im in line to order my PS3 this weekend, I already ordered two games, SOCOM for $13.80, and God Of War: Collection $15 (Someone didnt want it), the bundle also includes MGS4, Motorstorm, and Little Big Planet. So I think im set in the software department. However, I want to play Motorstorm with my brothers, I see the sixaxis controller is somewhat cheaper than the DS3, so would it be in my best interest to spend the extra few bucks and get the Dual Shock for my backup controller? Also, Im going to assume the bundle includes the DS3 controller since, its a Non-BC 80gb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumble essentially. DualShock has rumble, SixAxis doesn't. By logical conclusion, the DS3 is a bit heavier, but heavier to the point of a standard controller. Sixaxis is incredibly light for a controller.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Well Im in line to order my PS3 this weekend, I already ordered two games, SOCOM for $13.80, and God Of War $15 (Someone didnt want it), the bundle also includes MGS4, Motorstorm, and Little Big Planet. So I think im set in the software department. However, I want to play Motorstorm with my brothers, I see the sixaxis controller is somewhat cheaper than the DS3, so would it be in my best interest to spend the extra few bucks and get the Dual Shock for my backup controller? Also, Im going to assume the bundle includes the DS3 controller since, its a Non-BC 80gb.[/QUOTE]

If it's a non-BC PS3, then you won't be needing that God Of War, unless you're talking about the God Of War Collection that contains both PS2 God Of War games.

As for which controller to get. get a Dual Shock 3. As for the difference between them, the rumble is the only difference I've seen.

Yeah the Sixaxis sticks do break quicker and are less quality, but I like the weight of the sixaxis so I don't mind the cheaper sticks. Just don't play Fight Night with them.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']Well Im in line to order my PS3 this weekend, I already ordered two games, SOCOM for $13.80, and God Of War $15 (Someone didnt want it), the bundle also includes MGS4, Motorstorm, and Little Big Planet. So I think im set in the software department. However, I want to play Motorstorm with my brothers, I see the sixaxis controller is somewhat cheaper than the DS3, so would it be in my best interest to spend the extra few bucks and get the Dual Shock for my backup controller? Also, Im going to assume the bundle includes the DS3 controller since, its a Non-BC 80gb.[/QUOTE]
I've heard Sixaxis joysticks are flimsier, but I've never felt it and I only own 2 Sixaxis controllers. Oh BTW, Motorstorm doesn't have an offline multiplayer. Cheers!

I hate games that don't have offline MP (Killzone 2, I'm looking straight at you)!

On topic though, I'd get a DS3. The weight is perfect. Not too light, not too heavy. I don't know about the sticks, but the SIXAXIS is light. Too light.

Pretty much what everyone has said.

I had 2 sixaxis and just before I replaced them with DS3s the sticks on both started going. Also the weight is a definite plus.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']It was the God of War Collection, I forgot to mention that, I guess ill suck it up and go with a DS3.[/QUOTE]

Since you missed the $29.99 sale on Black Friday for a new Dual Shock 3 from Radio Shack your best bet for getting them for a bit off of MSRP($12 off) is Amazon. They currently have the black, silver and blue ones for $42.99 each. The red ones are $44.99.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1260647568&sr=8-1

I've experienced in Gran Turismo 3 and 4 while playing on my 60 gig PS3 that the Sixaxis controller loses connection briefly for about 2 or 3 seconds, enough to crash my car in a turn or prevent me from turning. I've never had a problem with the DS3 controller playing any game. It's simply a better quality controller.

editboomerang.jpg

[quote name='porieux']i\
editboomerang.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I wish they made some of these, I'd love to try it.

That being said, I have had both Sixaxis and the DS3, the DS3 is slightly heavier and I've never had problems with either controller's quality. The Sixaxis is lighter so it does make it feel like less quality, but it's better for longer playing sessions.

[quote name='espy605']but it's better for longer playing sessions.[/QUOTE]

How so? Its not like one weighs an ounce and the other weighs 20 pounds. The weight difference is negligible.

[quote name='Paco']Yeah the Sixaxis sticks do break quicker and are less quality, but I like the weight of the sixaxis so I don't mind the cheaper sticks. Just don't play Fight Night with them.[/QUOTE]

if you do play fight night change the button config... thats what I do.. I'm not messing up none of my sticks with that mess.

[quote name='SEH']How so? Its not like one weighs an ounce and the other weighs 20 pounds. The weight difference is negligible.[/QUOTE]

It's subjective but I do find the Sixaxis to be lighter over longer play periods.

bread's done
Back