That Triple E3 2008 Thread

Lost_In_Shadows

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
I though I would make a thread for the ps3 since the 360 has one. For people to talk about it as it is going on or what not. If I missed it, and someone already made one feel free to delete it.

prediction - Gears of War 2 on PS3, and I think after the Final Fantasy announcement, I'd like to see God of War 3 photage.. there's going to be some sort of GOW going on at Sony's E3 event.. that's my prediction.

Well, Sony can do no worse than 2nd most interesting press conference. Animal Crossing and Wii Sports 2? zzzzz..... Here's hoping for a Team ICO announcement, something new from Kojima, and an update on White Knight Story.

I was reading this earlier :whistle2:

So we’ve just been talking with a Sony Playstation rep regarding the upcoming Playstation E3 conference which is being held later on today.

According to the rep, Sony have some interesting things to unveil at the show. The first thing which caught our attention was 4 new PS3 exclusive games which are to be released later on in the year and early 2009. These 4 new games will be shown as well as the following games which have been officially confirmed by Sony:

Killzone 2 (PS3)
LittleBigPlanet (PS3)
MotorStorm Pacific Rift (PS3)
PixelJunk Eden (PS3)
Resistance 2 (PS3)
SIREN: Blood Curse Episode #1 (PSN)
SOCOM: Confrontation (PS3)
Buzz! Master Quiz
Buzz! Quiz TV

We’re guessing that one of the 4 games to be announced by Sony later on today will be God of War 3. For the others, we’re unsure.

The Sony rep said that Home has a few more features/additions and these will also be demonstrated. What these features are exactly, we don’t know.

A new Playstation controller is also supposed to be in the making. Apparently it has a much longer battery life (not that the current controllers don’t have a long battery life!), will be lighter than the current DualShock3, and of course will include rumble. A wireless headset is also said to be included in future PS3 packages and we’re told that we could be seeing a new PS3 bundle in time for Christmas. With Resistance 2 being released in November, there’s a very good chance that Resistance 2 could be part of the new PS3 bundle.

A new PS3 firmware is supposed to be demonstrated, displaying “In game chat”. A few more “surprises” will be detailed later today, we’re not told what, so we’ll just have to sit back and wait.

As this is not officially confirmed by Sony, we’re currently calling all this a rumour for now - we’ll see it all happen later on today.

Very interesting. Also wanna hear what the new SKU for August will be.

I just want some good JRPGs. Bring out White Knight Chronicles and an FF7 remake, please.

the Nintendo E3 conference was so underwhelming. It was like a conference call with their investors - sale are up, one IP brought over, another peripheral that dilutes the install base (because how many people are really going to pony up for another peripheral?)

[quote name='Wyatt']I just want some good JRPGs. Bring out White Knight Chronicles and an FF7 remake, please.[/QUOTE]

I'd be happy with a release date for WKC and an announcement of FFVII.

[quote name='Thomas96']prediction - Gears of War 2 on PS3[/quote]

Sony just announced that Gears of War 2, Halo 4, and the whole Xbox 720 console will be exclusive to PS3! Also, copies of Halo 3 will no longer even boot!

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I posted about it in another thread, Eternal Sonata on PS3 is coming stateside.[/quote]

Sweet... I wonder if it'll be budget priced like Enchanted Arms... I doubt it.:cry:

[quote name='metaly']Sony just announced that Gears of War 2, Halo 4, and the whole Xbox 720 console will be exclusive to PS3! Also, copies of Halo 3 will no longer even boot![/quote]
RIGHT ON!:bouncy:

Cliffy B just said that Gears 2 was coming exclusively to 360 on a thing on G4. Don't think we'll be seeing that today.

I'm hoping Sony puts on a good show. I'd love to see God of War 3, something new from Sucker Punch (a new Sly Cooper) and some brand spanking new IPs.

Microsoft showed some sweet games but nothing all that new.

I love my Wii and DS but I have to say that I was disappointed by the Nintendo conference.

Eternal Sonata is good news, that game looks awesome. I don't even have a next-gen system, but they're all looking good at this point.

FF VII is highly doubtful, all the Square-Enix teams are busy.

Well in blog response to the latest update to Warhawk (1.4), Dylan mentioned that Incognito was working on another game, so hopefully that gets announced.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Well in blog response to the latest update to Warhawk (1.4), Dylan mentioned that Incognito was working on another game, so hopefully that gets announced.[/quote]
SINGLE PLAYER WARHAWK!!!:lol: :whee::hot:

Let's not get too excited here, because it usually leads to disappointment. I'm trying to keep all expectations low, like I've done for everyone this year.

[quote name='happy']Can we watch the press conference through the PS3 in some way?[/quote]

Yeah, via Home- Oh wait it isn't out yet, silly me!! ;)

[quote name='Oktoberfest']ign should have one, gamespot should have one, and g4 should have one[/QUOTE]

All of which are blocked for me. Any others? There was a Nintendo one that looked like someone took the actual feed link from the source code and posted the link which worked.

Also, I don't have a PS3, but I do have a PS2 and PSP. I hope they don't forget about those two! Since coming from such weak keynotes by MS and Nintendo. All they need to do is say Patapon and I'll be happy.

Yeah, me too - lucky enough to be at home all week. The coverage has been pretty good.

[quote name='whoknows']I'm watching it on G4...on TV.

Yeah, I'm that cool. It's the one time a year I actually watch G4.[/QUOTE]

The ign feeds have been the best for me, except when it crapped out mid nintendo (although I blame that more on nintendo's crapiness than the feed)

[quote name='crzyboy88']All of which are blocked for me. Any others? There was a Nintendo one that looked like someone took the actual feed link from the source code and posted the link which worked.
[/QUOTE]
Yea I got it from 1up but they don't have it up and running for Sony at the moment.

Doesn't G4 play commercials during the shows? Really annoying if they do.

And last year they did cover the PSP/PS2 so don't worry.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Yea I got it from 1up but they don't have it up and running for Sony at the moment.[/QUOTE]

1up is also blocked...

sony does their hardware displays so well - marrying video games to everything electronics, which Sir Howard has definitely been pushing during his tenure. Well done, very professional looking.

bread's done
Back