That Wretched Tesco Voucher Code...

runtime

CAG Veteran
Update: so this isn't really a problem yet while Tesco allow you to create multiple accounts and re-use the code:

In my opinion Tesco has been very crafty issuing FTSL15-1; this long running, 'significant' discount, use-once code enables most of it's products to feature in the best deals month after month across all aggregator websites.

After you've used the code once (in a previous transaction) it renders all subsequent deals 'inaccurate' (from the individual user's perspective); over time it lessens the value of the data this website aggregates for each user that's used the code.

It may be tolerable with just Tesco doing this right now but what happens when other vendors start using the same trick to guarantee their products feature in the best deals leaderboards month after month? Imagine, a vendor issues 25% discount code good for a year now all it's products are listed as being 25% cheaper than it's competitors indefinately. Sooner or later the others will cotton on and do the same.

Granted it may not be trivial, but how about a new feature allowing us to enter/track voucher codes we've used and adjust the ranking/price of deals accordingly?

Alternatively, give the vendor issuing the code one months 'grace' (allowing deals featuring the voucher code to take this into consideration); after which the voucher is no longer considered when ranking the deal (although you could flag it to users that a voucher is available).

Last edited by a moderator:
What's even worse is that if you cancel your order for whatever reason, it still counts as you having used the code!

Thanks for clearing that up, good to know how it works, and you're totally right, it's going to paint a false picture.

To make the situation totally clear would require either another section on the page for each game listing vouchers you might be able to use, which would probably be of very limited application, or to just include a note underneath the price boxout wherever a Tesco price is listed.

Whatever the case, I agree it would be misleading to always quote prices at Tesco including the limited use discount.

It looks like the code has expired now. I just tried to use it to order PlayStation Move (I never had an account with them before, so it was completely brand new), and it said the code wasn't valid. :(

[quote name='MightyJordan']It looks like the code has expired now. I just tried to use it to order PlayStation Move (I never had an account with them before, so it was completely brand new), and it said the code wasn't valid. :([/QUOTE]

Are you sure you weren't trying to buy it through Tesco Direct? The code only works for purchases made through the Tesco Entertainment section of the site.

And they still haven't fixed the filter for PS3 games :(
It lists all items in the store and that's a lot! I've reported it twice now.

bread's done
Back