THAT'S ALL FOLKS! HeroOfTime's MYSTERY BOX LOWBALL EMPORIUM OF TOTAL BARGAIN MADNESS!

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn you internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck!!!!!!

I was going to bid om SOA:L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='NoelVermillion']WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hot::hot::hot:[/QUOTE]

Sorry, sir. I had debated not bidding again had you bid, as it was already a bit over my preferred price. Good counter bidding, though! I wish you luck on all future bidding endeavors.

[quote name='Vinny']So... wasn't this supposed to end @ 10 EST?[/QUOTE]

Rules state as soon as I post it's over, it's over. It went over by 2 minutes. Posting update totals and sending invoices within the next hour!

[quote name='Hemi']&$#!!%%^^$@@ Btw you realize the liminality dvd's arnt for a series? They are just like a 1 episode bonus dvd included with the games x.x[/QUOTE]

really?

son of a bit....

its ok noel, just means you can spend that cash in some other lowball going on right now!

[quote name='dustdingo']Sorry, sir. I had debated not bidding again had you bid, as it was already a bit over my preferred price. Good counter bidding, though! I wish you luck on all future bidding endeavors.[/QUOTE]

Next time, we gotta speak in private. So we can make arrangement on a item. It will bidding in conspiracy!!
Have a good time with the game

[quote name='MasaTFC']really?

son of a bit....

its ok noel, just means you can spend that cash in some other lowball going on right now![/QUOTE]

Oh, yeah. Of course, i will. But hands of Dynasty Warriors!!

[quote name='NoelVermillion']Oh, yeah. Of course, i will. But hands of Dynasty Warriors!![/QUOTE]

I now find myself with a sudden interest in a certain Xbox 360 game in a certain lowball, I SHALL HAVE MY REVENGE!!!

[quote name='NoelVermillion']Oh, yeah. Of course, i will. But hands of Dynasty Warriors!![/QUOTE]

I meant my items and not the ones I am bidding on ;) I have been waiting for Sid to have a lowball so I could grab it since he posted like 2 months ago!

Hey Hero, can you just throw my small and medium box together, and include a couple guides/tetris in with the whole thing?

A quick note for everyone while I tally the totals:

Anyone winning more than one mystery box will have them combined into a larger package - EXAMPLE: small + medium = large box! Upgrades yay!

Also yes - your winnings will come in one package. Also, everyone that won items is getting bonus mystery swag of some sort! Whether it's PS2 games (HIGHLY LIKELY, lol) or other swag, everyone is getting something cool as a showing of my appreciation for making my first lowball go so well!

Lastly, I can't lie - I was really rooting for NoelVermillion to get that copy of SOA, LOL! I've been in your position before dude, it hurts :p

[quote name='HeroOfTime']Lastly, I can't lie - I was really rooting for NoelVermillion to get that copy of SOA, LOL! I've been in your position before dude, it hurts :p[/QUOTE]

Heeeey - why'd I become the villain? I'm just a fellow CAGer who wants to play games too. :(

[quote name='MasaTFC']I meant my items and not the ones I am bidding on ;) I have been waiting for Sid to have a lowball so I could grab it since he posted like 2 months ago!

Hey Hero, can you just throw my small and medium box together, and include a couple guides/tetris in with the whole thing?[/QUOTE]

Why you gotta be like that ,MASA. Just let me have it.

[quote name='HeroOfTime']Rules state as soon as I post it's over, it's over. It went over by 2 minutes. Posting update totals and sending invoices within the next hour![/QUOTE]

Oh, I posted that just as you posted it was over so I didn't see your post. I'm not complaining, it actually means I won something (I think)...:lol:

Added invoices to page 1 - sending invoices with payment instructions to PM shortly! Also, I will update the final totals on the first post shortly, with a list of stuff that wasn't bid on if anyone wants to add extras for $1.

*special voice* EH DIS IS HARD - I'm double and triple checking bids right now. Wishing I'd updated the first post before bidmania at 9p, LOL

I wonder if I got to win the 'Paid-first' race! I doubt it. Looking forward to finally having Yoshi's Story in the collection, and the next lowball.

Whenever that may be. :)

[quote name='Cthulhu']I wonder if I got to win the 'Paid-first' race! I doubt it. Looking forward to finally having Yoshi's Story in the collection, and the next lowball.

Whenever that may be. :)[/QUOTE]

Yep, you DEFINITELY won the "paid-first" race - so you and at least one other CAG get feedback tonight! Appreciate it guys :D Still sending out invoices btw!

[quote name='Namurashi']I sent you a message and posted here and you never replied to my comments. I'm trying to add some stuff to my order. :S[/QUOTE]
Same here. Talk to us Hero.

First round of packages went out yesterday, I'm now going through the jungle of PMs I have in my inbox and replying to everyone's questions, lol

Anything that's been paid and not yet shipped will go out Monday morning - The first round of mystery boxes are included. Sorry for the delay - between the flooding in my basement, work and someone moving into the house I haven't had time to get everything together completely :/

I will send out individual updates later tonight with updated shipping totals for those that have asked for them.

[quote name='Jeff86Austin']How about a tracking number or something...[/QUOTE]

well, the tracking number that was loaded into paypal gives me the following

First-Class Package Service
Electronic Shipping Info Received
April 24, 2013
USPS Tracking / Delivery Confirmation™

I was charged for priority >.>

[quote name='Kovorkian']well, the tracking number that was loaded into paypal gives me the following

April 24, 2013

I was charged for priority >.>[/QUOTE]

ACTUALLY, both Kovorkian and DustDevil's packages came back to me returned today :/ I'll be resending them today, and the 3rd round of packages are going out today as well.

Also, I need to apologize to everyone on the lack of communication that's been going on this past week - life has been super hectic this past week and I'm trying really hard to keep everything together and get these out in a timely fashion. Everyone is getting a little something extra in their packages as my way of saying thanks for being patient and understanding :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='HeroOfTime']ACTUALLY, both Kovorkian and DustDevil's packages came back to me returned today :/ I'll be resending them today, and the 3rd round of packages are going out today as well.

Also, I need to apologize to everyone on the lack of communication that's been going on this past week - life has been super hectic this past week and I'm trying really hard to keep everything together and get these out in a timely fashion. Everyone is getting a little something extra in their packages as my way of saying thanks for being patient and understanding :D[/QUOTE]

By DustDevil, I assume you mean me? Or is there another dusty fellow in these here parts?

[quote name='Kovorkian']well, the tracking number that was loaded into paypal gives me the following

April 24, 2013

I was charged for priority >.>[/QUOTE]

Not to start any fires but he did the same to me (though I received my item within days of paying). I bought a cart only Pokemon Yellow and paid $6 for shipping. He said he'd be using Priority Mail in the auction details and I had assumed this was due to the post office rate for Priority Mail flat rate envelope + DC (which comes out to $5.80, DC is free). I never bothered to check the tracking to see how he actually sent it.

When I got my package, it was in a standard bubble mailer weighing in at 5 oz and sent 1st class. He included 3 PS2 games from the GS bargain bin (the stuff that's $1 or less) and a little Dragon Warrior keychain. But I would have rather been charged a fair shipping price, TBH.

I didn't say anything because I figured it was a mistake. But that doesn't appear to be the case because there's at least one other person who was overcharged for shipping. I'm hoping this is nothing more than an oversight.

Received my package today ) great shape arrived via priority

got my guide and some games that were likely thrown out by most stores (e.g. madden 06, da vinci code, and a few others)

if you pay for Priority than you should get Priority. If I were you I'd contact him first to see about a possible refund to the cost of shipping. If he refuses than I'd take it up with a mod. Either way it's dishonest and it causes me to have doubts about any possible trades/lowballs with him....

[quote name='dustdingo']Were you able to ship out "dustdevil's" item again? Any idea why it came back to you? Thanks![/QUOTE]

I'm still not sure why it came back, but yes - it went out last week on Thursday.

I am shipping more out today. To my knowledge, no one was overcharged for shipping - in fact, I've worked with many people on reducing their shipping charges because I overestimated before the lowball was over to cover it.

In fact, I actually undercharged on shipping as much as possible. I did NOT use priority flat rate boxes as planned BECAUSE it was really expensive for what I was sending out.

If there are people who feel they've been overcharged, please feel free to contact me and we'll figure something out.

Again, I need to apologize to everyone for the lack of communication on my part - I'm still dealing with a lot of BS in my personal life these past couple of weeks. Everything did not go as planned, let's just leave it at that :(

The final packages are going out tomorrow.

[quote name='STEVE05']Did you send out the mystery boxes on Monday? Still haven't received anything yet, just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Several mystery boxes went out on Thursday, several went out today, and the rest are going out tomorrow.

Conveniently enough, received my package today! You really went overboard with the extra items! A bunch of sports games I may never touch, but I've always wanted to try SOCOM, so works nicely! Thank you sir!

[quote name='HeroOfTime']I'm still not sure why it came back, but yes - it went out last week on Thursday.

I am shipping more out today. To my knowledge, no one was overcharged for shipping - in fact, I've worked with many people on reducing their shipping charges because I overestimated before the lowball was over to cover it.

In fact, I actually undercharged on shipping as much as possible. I did NOT use priority flat rate boxes as planned BECAUSE it was really expensive for what I was sending out.

If there are people who feel they've been overcharged, please feel free to contact me and we'll figure something out.

Again, I need to apologize to everyone for the lack of communication on my part - I'm still dealing with a lot of BS in my personal life these past couple of weeks. Everything did not go as planned, let's just leave it at that :(

The final packages are going out tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

That's fine.

Hopefully everything works out for you. I read you had some flooding in your basement. I live in Illinois, my aunt had her ENTIRE basement flooded - everything was destroyed including some of my uncles comic collection. That storm sucked. I've been over there a few times now to help with the clean up, it's crazy.

Now that I actually have time, allow me to explain what's been going on.

During the lowball we had a pretty awesome amount of rain in my area (Lower SW Michigan - Kalamazoo, to be exact). There's a stream behind my house that used to get really out of control when it rained a lot, but a few years back the city widened and dredged it, making it quite a bit lower than before. We installed a sump pump in the basement and I was confident enough that it wouldn't flood again in the foreseeable future.

Well, we got an enormous amount of rain - the stream rose about 2 1/2 feet and my basement flooded. During this time, we also had someone moving in. So I had to move my collection out of the basement, but unfortunately a lot of stuff got ruined - including some stuff I was including in the mystery boxes, and a few items people had bid on.

We also had a pretty hectic week at my job - I work in a call center (nuff said). So I didn't really get to devote as much time as I'd planned tending to the lowball, and for that I apologize again. I can't stress enough how sorry I am that I'm just now getting some people's stuff out.

Plus, since I've never actually done a lowball before, there was a lot of stuff that I just estimated, like some of the shipping prices. Those were addressed as they came in (I know a few people contacted me directly - thank you for working with me, btw!)

So all in all, like I said before - if you have an issue, please let me know. I'm still cleaning up the basement so I'm not going to be on here much for the next few weeks, but I do get email alerts for when I get a new PM here on CAG, so I will address stuff as they come in.

Siviarticus, your package is last to go out, and that will be shipping tomorrow.

Please don't hate me, lol - things just did not go anywhere near what I planned due to a lot of stuff, but lessons learned. If there's a next time, shorter lowball time, quicker shipping, and more communication.

The list of shipped items has been updated on the 1st page, for the second to last time. Thank you for your understanding, and again: please let me know if there is an issue - I will do my best to address it in a timely manner!

Speaking from experience, you can always count on life to give you problems the moment you start a lowball. ;)

You're all fine by me, though. Nothing wrong with learning from your first lowball, I just appreciate you being willing to work with me.

well I hope you get that stuff straightened out man.

leaving feedback now, thanks again. but was it really necessary to give me 9 copies of Madden 2003? that don't make that nice of a coaster!

bread's done
Back