The 2010-2011 NBA Fantasy Thread of Sleepers & Busts

A Happy Panda

CAGiversary!
Feedback
61 (100%)
General thread for all things NBA Fantasy...sleepers, busts, starter advice, etc.

Someone wanna comment on this roster?

PG Stephen Curry
SG Jason Richardson
G Aarron Brooks
SF John Salmons
PF David Lee
PF David West
C Al Horford
Util Raymond Felton
Util Michael Beasley
BN Beno Udrih
BN Wesley Matthews
BN Roy Hibbert
BN Courtney Lee (about to be replaced with Linas Kleiza)

[quote name='A Happy Panda']General thread for all things NBA Fantasy...sleepers, busts, starter advice, etc.

PG Stephen Curry
SG Jason Richardson
G Aarron Brooks
SF John Salmons
PF David Lee
PF David West
C Al Horford
Util Raymond Felton
Util Michael Beasley
BN Beno Udrih
BN Wesley Matthews
BN Roy Hibbert
BN Courtney Lee (about to be replaced with Linas Kleiza)[/QUOTE]

h2h or roto?

For roto it seems well balanced and most of your players play a full or near full season consistently.

for h2h It's okay, I guess. Doesn't really look particularly dominant in any one category, middle of the road in most. Very meh h2h

It's H2H, which I fought vehemently against.

Most of the guys I aimed for are good, consistent scorers, which I wanted. As far as the categories go, I aimed for David Lee as a big board guy, with possibly Hibbert contributing as well. I'm hoping West, Lee, and Horford can make up for the FG% that Curry and Brooks will likely bring down.

I think the only place I'm severely lacking is 3PTM, where Brooks is probably the only guy who will do anything. But as far as steals and assists, I think it's solid with Curry, Brooks and Felton especially with the new look Knicks. I think Wes Matthews could be a big sleeper this year and his role as a 6th man for Portland, and he has shown glimpses of high offensive power, while still maintaining a decent FG%. I think as far as FT%, I think I'm solid considering Curry, Brooks, and West.

But I agree, my roster definitely doesn't have the "wow" factor for H2H.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']General thread for all things NBA Fantasy...sleepers, busts, starter advice, etc.

PG Stephen Curry
SG Jason Richardson
G Aarron Brooks
SF John Salmons
PF David Lee
PF David West
C Al Horford
Util Raymond Felton
Util Michael Beasley
BN Beno Udrih
BN Wesley Matthews
BN Roy Hibbert
BN Courtney Lee (about to be replaced with Linas Kleiza)[/QUOTE]

Personally not too sold on your roster outside your bigs (Horford, Lee, and Hibbert). Horford will give a good double double each night, Lee the same (his points should go up at GS) and Hibbert if healthy is a beast (see last night preseason 27 pts, 15 boards, 6 assist, 1 blk). I would start all three.

I would try and deal Salmons and Beno. Salmons I think will bust this year as that roster is loaded at his position (Delfino, CDR, Maggette); the fact that he comes into the season injured not helping especially the way Delfino has been playing. I would of add Beasley to the list but I don't think you will get anything worthwhile for him. Since he is the starter, it is worth keeping him but I wouldn't expect anything better than what he did last year. I would probably suggest worst since Minnesota doesn't have a "Dwayne Wade".

Curry is good player; just not worth his preseason rank. I wouldn't take him that high as there are way better players to choose from. That's just me.

Matthews - good upside but he is third on the depth chart behind Roy and Fernandez; too big of a risk for me

Good move on getting rid of Lee; Kleiza could be a good sleeper.

I've got some players on watchlist. I'm not super thrilled about my SGs (Richardson, Salmons, Beno) I've got my eye on Ramon Sessions, and he had a great game tonight, but he's still slated to come off the bench behind Mo Williams, which makes me hesitant.

Matthews is going to be the 6th man for the Blazers, mark my word. Rudy had an OK pre-season, but you don't sign a guy like Matthews for $34 million to be the 3rd option at the 2. He can also play the 3 spot if need be.

I actually think David Lee's PPG will go down given the high offense of Monta and Stephen, but GS is probably AS bad as the Knicks team Lee had to carry for the past couple seasons, so we'll see.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I've got some players on watchlist. I'm not super thrilled about my SGs (Richardson, Salmons, Beno) I've got my eye on Ramon Sessions, and he had a great game tonight, but he's still slated to come off the bench behind Mo Williams, which makes me hesitant.

Matthews is going to be the 6th man for the Blazers, mark my word. Rudy had an OK pre-season, but you don't sign a guy like Matthews for $34 million to be the 3rd option at the 2. He can also play the 3 spot if need be.

I actually think David Lee's PPG will go down given the high offense of Monta and Stephen, but GS is probably AS bad as the Knicks team Lee had to carry for the past couple seasons, so we'll see.[/QUOTE]

The thing about Sessions is you got to think it this way. Mo Williams already has had injury problems (strained groin) so far. In addition, I could see them playing Williams and Sessions at the same time (not sold on Parker or Moon). Sessions is a good source of points. Granted, his other stats seem to be lacking.

As for David Lee, during the preseason his numbers have been great and he has been playing with those two guys. Averaging around 15 pts, 10 boards, 2 steals... thats pretty good. Last year's preseason with the Knicks, he averaged about the same. Also note that the bigs in GS seem to drop like flies with injuries every year so Lee's rebound totals should go up as Biedrins goes out again, especially with as many balls Curry and Ellis throw up.

Should I trade Chris Paul for Deron Williams and Terrence Williams. I currently have no SF's because I missed the draft, do you guys think this is a fair trade.

[quote name='gbpackers94']Should I trade Chris Paul for Deron Williams and Terrence Williams. I currently have no SF's because I missed the draft, do you guys think this is a fair trade.[/QUOTE]

Personally I wouldn't. Chris Paul puts way too many assists to give up. Terrence Williams has upside if he plays. Don't use the preseason to judge that. Last year, he got lost in the rotation at times. I would expect the same thing. Like what was already said, there should be plenty of options to grab off the waiver; Guys like Delfino, Daye, etc (I just grabbed both in my league).

Currently behind in both assists, boards and blocks after opening night.

Not sure if I should start Hibbert or Beno Udrih tonight at utility. Hibbert is playing against SA, while Beno is playing at Minnesota. Suggestions?

Rest of the starters are:

Curry
Salmons
Brooks
Kleiza
D. Lee
D. West
Horford
Felton

[quote name='A Happy Panda']Currently behind in both assists, boards and blocks after opening night.

Not sure if I should start Hibbert or Beno Udrih tonight at utility. Hibbert is playing against SA, while Beno is playing at Minnesota. Suggestions?

Rest of the starters are:[/QUOTE]

Don't worry too much about behind after only 3 total NBA games played. You should put in Hibbert IMO

Yeah. I've already made the change. With Felton, Curry and Brooks starting tonight, I think I have all the assists I'll need. I'm hoping to win the Blocks category outright by playing Hibbert and Serge Ibaka later in the week.

bread's done
Back