The 2012/2013 NBA Season Thread

You're just now reading that? lol That came out back when we were getting our sales pitch together. Community was doing their part. I'm sure he'll get something like that in Houston. Texans will be Texans. Raising Cane's has just recently made it out to Texas too. Awesome chicken fingers if you haven't been there.

Looks like the Lakers signed Wesley Johnson to a 1yr/1mil vet minimum. He was the 4th overall pick in the 2010 draft.

You're just now reading that? lol That came out back when we were getting our sales pitch together. Community was doing their part. I'm sure he'll get something like that in Houston. Texans will be Texans. Raising Cane's has just recently made it out to Texas too. Awesome chicken fingers if you haven't been there.

Looks like the Lakers signed Wesley Johnson to a 1yr/1mil vet minimum. He was the 4th overall pick in the 2010 draft.
Lol yeah I was thinking the same thing, I heard about this a while ago. And Houston fired back almost immediately. At least I get a free kolache tomorrow out of this whole ordeal :D

I'm more surprised nobody has brought up the hilarious Slim Thug tweets that he sent to D12 trying to lure him to Houston.

Lol yeah I was thinking the same thing, I heard about this a while ago. And Houston fired back almost immediately. At least I get a free kolache tomorrow out of this whole ordeal :D

I'm more surprised nobody has brought up the hilarious Slim Thug tweets that he sent to D12 trying to lure him to Houston.
You know what? I spent the 24 hours after Dwight's decision bummed out...but NOW I understand why he picked Houston lol Raising Cane's had nothing on that all star food lineup...Enjoy that kolache.

Also I don't think people outside of Texas know much about Slim Thug either. That may be why we didn't see those. Some of those tweets are hysterical.

OFFICIAL: The Miami HEAT have waived Mike Miller per the NBA's Amnesty provision.
Shit, this one stings. I wish they gave him a chance to try go for another ring and 3 peat. :( . Looks like the heat will be giving Varnado or Ennis the minutes now (or rashard). Mike has that dog in him, he stepped up big time in crucial games.

Last edited by a moderator:
So J.R. Smith had surgery that will have him out 3-4 months.

D.J. Augustin and the Raptors have agreed to a one-year deal.

Samuel Dalembert and the Mavs have verbally agreed on a deal.

And with Mike Miller considering back surgery, teams are now cautious of making amnesty waiver claims.

Heat were dumb to release Miller there were at least a few other players they could have dumped such as those crummy centers...

Heat were dumb to release Miller there were at least a few other players they could have dumped such as those crummy centers...

Miller was cut because he made too much money. The crummy centers don't.

The NBA has approved the name change of the Bobcats to the Hornets. The name will go into effect in the 2014-15 season.

Magic signed Jason Maxiel.  Not a bad pick up to give some experience on their front line to help out all the young guys.

I'm kind of excited to see how the team develops the next couple of years.  Lot's of promising young players.  But always a gamble on how the pan out.

Magic signed Jason Maxiel. Not a bad pick up to give some experience on their front line to help out all the young guys.

I'm kind of excited to see how the team develops the next couple of years. Lot's of promising young players. But always a gamble on how the pan out.
Fun fact: The Magic are still on the books to pay Gilbert Arenas a little over $22 million dollars next season. And he's not even playing in the NBA anymore.

That's almost as bad as the Mets having to pay Bobby Bonilla $1.19 million every July 1 until 2035. He's been out of baseball since 2001, and last played for the Mets in 1999.

The NBA has approved the name change of the Bobcats to the Hornets. The name will go into effect in the 2014-15 season.
Hell yeah! I never did like that name. Thought it was the dumbest name out there, finally accepted it after awhile but am I glad to have the Hornets coming back.

Is it just me or has Adrian Peterson truly ruined the idea of coming back weak after an extreme injury? Obviously I'm not oblivious and am saying this just for further justification, but I find it somewhat jarring when people think Rondo or D. Rose in particular is going to come back better when they just took so much time off, and don't even get me started on the delusional Lakers fans thinking Kobe (Whose probably the worst person to get his specific type of injury) is going to come back and be able to carry his depleted roster to anything but a most likely 25-35 win season. Do people even understand the concepts of injuries anymore?! DAMN YOU ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!

Fun fact: The Magic are still on the books to pay Gilbert Arenas a little over $22 million dollars next season. And he's not even playing in the NBA anymore.
Yeah it's absurd. But doesn't really matter since they just need a couple more years of sucking and getting high draft picks while the young players develop anyway before thinking about max salary free agents etc.

Is it just me or has Adrian Peterson truly ruined the idea of coming back weak after an extreme injury? Obviously I'm not oblivious and am saying this just for further justification, but I find it somewhat jarring when people think Rondo or D. Rose in particular is going to come back better when they just took so much time off, and don't even get me started on the delusional Lakers fans thinking Kobe (Whose probably the worst person to get his specific type of injury) is going to come back and be able to carry his depleted roster to anything but a most likely 25-35 win season. Do people even understand the concepts of injuries anymore?! DAMN YOU ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!
How he played after recovering from the injury was incredible. a lot of people think he juiced, but I don't. It's probably just the advancement of medicine and his hardwork that's why he was able to bounce back the way he did. And I don't think I could watch an AP game like i used to. Last season every time he gets tackled i'm like "how is his knee?" lol. I would probably feel the same once drose comesback, drives hard to the basket and gets hit hard.

Is it just me or has Adrian Peterson truly ruined the idea of coming back weak after an extreme injury? Obviously I'm not oblivious and am saying this just for further justification, but I find it somewhat jarring when people think Rondo or D. Rose in particular is going to come back better when they just took so much time off, and don't even get me started on the delusional Lakers fans thinking Kobe (Whose probably the worst person to get his specific type of injury) is going to come back and be able to carry his depleted roster to anything but a most likely 25-35 win season. Do people even understand the concepts of injuries anymore?! DAMN YOU ADRIAN PETERSON!!!!
I don't think Kobe is the worst guy to get this type of injury. Yeah, it's terrible because of his age, but he's also one of the most skilled players in the NBA, and one of the most determined.

If someone like D Wade got that injury and he couldn't come back to ~ninety something percent of what he was he would be completely fucked. Kobe can at least fall back on that skill even if he can't quite move/jump like he did pre-injury. Also him being way ahead of schedule is pretty promising. Will be interesting to see how he does.

Kenyon Martin has re-signed with the Knicks.

Derek Fisher has re-signed with the Thunder.

And Mike Miller has chosen the Memphis Grizzlies as his new team.

EDIT: Some of next seasons schedule has already been leaked. The Heat are opening up against the Chicago Bulls and will be playing the Lakers on Christmas. Expect final schedules for the '13-'14 season to be released next week.

heat vs lakers as the xmas game? Lol  Espn and nba probably conspired to do that. That's the perfect time to hype up lebron to la talk. I would have preferred heat vs spurs, nets, knicks, pacers, bulls heck even cavs over lakers. But that is what espn have requested so lol.

Looks like the Pacers may be aquiring Luis Scola. 

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/report_pacers_close_to_acquiring_luis_scola_from_suns/14147555

http://www.hoopsworld.com/pacers-close-to-acquiring-luis-scola

Looking at salaries it seems a trade would include Gerald Green and either Miles Plumlee or Solomon Hill unless other players are coming from Phoenix.  Since Phoenix is rebuilding I would imagine it would also include a second round draft pick.

With the pick-ups made so far, scoring off the bench will no longer be a problem.  I do think there will be a drop off in defensive intensity in the second unit though.

Looks like the Pacers may be aquiring Luis Scola.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/article_external/report_pacers_close_to_acquiring_luis_scola_from_suns/14147555

http://www.hoopsworld.com/pacers-close-to-acquiring-luis-scola

Looking at salaries it seems a trade would include Gerald Green and either Miles Plumlee or Solomon Hill unless other players are coming from Phoenix. Since Phoenix is rebuilding I would imagine it would also include a second round draft pick.

With the pick-ups made so far, scoring off the bench will no longer be a problem. I do think there will be a drop off in defensive intensity in the second unit though.
This trade has since been agreed upon. Luis Scola to the Pacers and Phoenix gets Gerald Green, Miles Plumlee, and a first round '14 pick that's lottery protected.

EDIT: And Gary Neal has signed a 2-year, $6.5 million deal with the Bucks.

I had hoped that they would not include a first round pick, but I guess it's not going to be any lower than about 23 unless there are a long string of injuries.

I don't think Kobe is the worst guy to get this type of injury. Yeah, it's terrible because of his age, but he's also one of the most skilled players in the NBA, and one of the most determined.

If someone like D Wade got that injury and he couldn't come back to ~ninety something percent of what he was he would be completely fucked. Kobe can at least fall back on that skill even if he can't quite move/jump like he did pre-injury. Also him being way ahead of schedule is pretty promising. Will be interesting to see how he does.
Eh being "ahead of schedule" is a term that shouldn't come out of anyone in sports mouth because it sets unrealistic standards. I agree that this kind of injury would be more detrimental to Wade's game, but that being said I can almost guarantee 99% of people will take Wade with bad knees over any player in the final stages of their career with a ruptured Achilles. That's not even taking into account that Wade has quite the complementary team to fall back on while Kobe has what? Chris Kaman & Nick Young? Lol to make this clear I'm not mocking the Lakers (as much as I would love to say I am) but when your third and second best players are an aged and almost useless Steve Nash to an utterly abysmal Pau Gasol (I will say I am mocking Pau Gasol here because after watching him for so long I think he is GARBAGE regardless of his numbers, good seasons, etc. Nothing against him, just really don't feel his game). It's hard to imagine he's going to be able to rest his injury throughout the year and not be pushing to 150% at almost age 35. It's just a formula for another injury, and yes I am one of those people that believe that his injury was not a freak accident and due to the insane amount of minutes he was required to play to merely will his team into the playoffs. In my opinion, he should cash in his chips and go play in China, he would see more success and be far less at risk of another injury.

Also didn't see it posted but apparently Greg Oden will be announcing his where he's going tomorrow on a quote unquote "very special episode of sportcenter" Before everyone starts screaming "The Decision PART II" I would liked to say as a Miami fan, if this is true it will be the most epic of facepalms. Our team has a bad enough image, and if he's trying to pull a Lebron here, I can't say it wouldn't put a damper on him coming to Miami at all, sense this would just raise expectations for a player whose been in the league for almost 5 years and only played 1 full seasons worth of games. Then again he could go to the Pelicans. Which would only be a facepalm for Greg Oden lol

pretty good trade for indiana. Anything that could get rid of gerald green contract is a great move lol. Though miles plumlee could turn out pretty serviceable in the near future.

As for Oden, Should he cash it in and sign with a non contender or get a small contract with a contender knowing he might not have that many playing years ahead of him butgets a shot at a ring. If I were him I would go for the money... But I want him to go to heat.

Also didn't see it posted but apparently Greg Oden will be announcing his where he's going tomorrow on a quote unquote "very special episode of sportcenter" Before everyone starts screaming "The Decision PART II" I would liked to say as a Miami fan, if this is true it will be the most epic of facepalms. Our team has a bad enough image, and if he's trying to pull a Lebron here, I can't say it wouldn't put a damper on him coming to Miami at all, sense this would just raise expectations for a player whose been in the league for almost 5 years and only played 1 full seasons worth of games. Then again he could go to the Pelicans. Which would only be a facepalm for Greg Oden lol
I'm just going to leave this here: http://www.theonion.com/articles/nike-releases-new-greg-odens,33262/

Lakers have hired Kurt Rambis as an assistant coach.
Might as well suit him up. I'm sure he'd still be tougher than anyone currently hitting the floor for the Lakers.

Jennings to the Pistons in a sign & trade, 3 year 24 million. Details still coming out, but Pistons are sending Brandon Knight.

Pistons going for that yearly 1st round exit it seems.

Edit:

Detroit Gets: Brandon Jennings

Milwaukee Gets:  Brandon Knight, Slava Kravtsov and Khris Middleton

Wow id be happy if we get Knight. Bucks signed Gary Neal too. I know it was said weeks ago, but now official. He was pretty good in the NBA finals.

According to Yahoo Bucks would get Knight, Middleton, and Kravtsov. Not a bad haul for one guy. Hopefully the Bucks would keep all three.

Brandon Jennings must have just burned all bridges with the Bucks. It was reported that he wanted $10-12 million a year and the Bucks clearly didn't want to pay him that. And it didn't help that he was in a position to make things difficult for them next off-season too if they didn't re-sign him. So now Jennings is making the same amount next year as the guy who the Bucks originally gave an offer sheet to in an attempt to replace Jennings, Jeff Teague.

Filling out the rest of the Christmas day NBA schedule for next season and joining the previously announced Heat/Lakers game, the Bulls will play the Nets, and it's the Thunder vs. the Knicks.

BQmilNRCEAABCUc.png

The New Orleans Pelican jerseys if anyone was interested

Reminds me of the Pacers

BQmilNRCEAABCUc.png

The New Orleans Pelican jerseys if anyone was interested

Reminds me of the Pacers
obamanotbad.jpg I was hoping they would also make a jersey with "Pelicans" on it lol. This one is too safe.

Seems like the 'cats will still hold the nba's worst jersey title.

bread's done
Back