The 2012/2013 NBA Season Thread

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Why does David Stern hate Michael Jordan?[/QUOTE]

Because Jordan gave Stern Transmorphers instead of Transformers for Christmas.

Damn, I can't believe I forgot about the lottery. This is seriously the first one I've missed in nearly 20 years.

It's not the worst year to lose the lottery. There's not really a clear-cut #1. I guess Cleveland could use some frontcourt help. If Irving and Waiters can stay healthy, if Tristan Thompson can continue to develop, and if whoever they take with the first pick can progress decently, that Cleveland team could be pretty good. If the draft were more stacked, I'd say they should trade down for maybe some veteran help, but who wants to trade up with this rookie class?

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I wonder if this is his way of trying to get LBJ to come back to Cleveland.[/QUOTE]

Thats been the most obvious.

Also holy shit @ these tony parker travels, are they ever gonna call them?

Glad the Magic didn't get the top pick. I'm not too hot on Nerlens Noel.

I'd like to see them try to trade down a couple spots and grab someone like Trey Burke that's projected to go around 5th. Vucevic is solid at Center and Harkless/Big Baby are solid at the forward spots for now--Harkless in particular has a lot of potential. Tobias Harris is a budding star at the 3, and Afflalo is a solid 2 guard and only 27.

A more dynamic point guard would be a huge help in rebuliding. Especially since Nelson get's banged up a lot.

It's great to see that the Cavs got lucky again, though they need a quality SF badly since Gee's had an easy ride for the past few years now. Otto Porter could be a great fit for them, though I don't know if he's #1 material. They're supposedly looking to trade.

[quote name='perdition(troy']I hate watching the end of games so much.[/QUOTE]That makes no sense to me. Unless it's a blowout, the end of games are usually when they're the most exciting.

Like now. With Memphis just tying it up.

[quote name='perdition(troy']ya, so exciting watching foul after foul[/QUOTE]What game are you watching? There were 2 fouls within the last couple of minutes. One was a flagrant by Ginobli, which made it a 2 point game and gave Memphis possession. And then the smart foul by Mike Conley when they had a foul to give with 3 seconds left. Fouls are part of basketball. And they've hardly had any effect on the flow of this game.

Lol espn with egg on their face after writing off the grizz like it was some sort of cakewalk never mind the fact grizz got no bounces, all the high% shots didn't go in and still fought to tie the game up with everyone shooting like shit and should have won this game.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Should be 2-0 but we'll take 1-1.[/QUOTE]

Yep. What's amazing is that they're doing all this without Granger, who's arguably their best player. He's definitely their best scorer.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Yep. What's amazing is that they're doing all this without Granger, who's arguably their best player. He's definitely their best scorer.[/QUOTE]

He is a scoring machine, but a bit of a liability on defense.

It's going to be interesting to see how that situation plays out, he has one season left at about 15 mil. then becomes UFA. The Pacers MUST re-sign West, and I doubt he will let money get in the way of staying after the success this year. I see the Pacers displaying Granger then trying to trade him by February for picks and low cost players, that is if Granger's knee lets him come back.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Should be 2-0 but we'll take 1-1.[/QUOTE]

Not only should it be 2-0 but it should have be an easy 2-0 if Miami wasn't shamelessly flopping all over the place to deceive the officials whenever they cant outplay their opponent. Indiana is the better team and its not even close but Stern will say otherwise. Bosh is their most important player and hes still soft as shit. Like how also 3 straight game 2's the opponent starts getting hit with bs technicals to try to take them out of the game. Happened last year with game 2 with the Celtics, this year with the Bulls and now the Pacers.

Also nice macho man elbow wade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBVK0CDo8O0&list=UU1m2dXby--pSntcuEvae2Eg&index=2

But yet no fine will ever come to Wade or Battier despite them flopping about 10 times a game the same way Manu and Parker do. Speaking of which the way Parker likes to flop hes gonna get himself hurt one of these days and i wont have an ounce of sympathy for him.

I like how they explicitly said they'd come down harder on flopping, yet Miami and San Antonio have yet to crack open the checkbooks on the matter.

I expect something severe like a year's salary... of a minimum wage worker.

P.S. renique already posted the same clip 4 posts back.

This angle is too funny to me, lex luger would be proud.

idEmEA8iDSHLV.gif

If Metta did that everyone would be calling for his head.

Just wanted to take a quick minute to do a cheap plug with all the basketball fans on this board.

I started writing for an upstart website, Culture Crossfire - http://www.culturecrossfire.com. There's articles on a variety of stuff - movies, pro wrestling, sports, gaming, all kinds of stuff.

I do a weekly column on lesser known NBA players called "Spotted on the Pine". I really haven't posted in this folder (or any folder here on CAG recently), but figured I would do a plug here for anyone interested.

So far I've done articles on:

Diante Garrett - Phoenix Suns
http://culturecrossfire.com/sports/basketball/spotted-on-the-pine-diante-garrett/

Charles Jenkins - Golden State Warriors/Philadelphia 76ers
http://culturecrossfire.com/sports/basketball/spotted-on-the-pine-charles-jenkins/

Kim English - Detroit Pistons
http://culturecrossfire.com/uncategorized/spotted-on-the-pine-kim-english/

Kent Bazemore - Golden State Warriors
http://culturecrossfire.com/sports/basketball/spotted-on-the-pine-kent-bazemore/

Hamed Haddadi - Phoenix Suns
http://culturecrossfire.com/sports/basketball/spotted-on-the-pine-hamed-haddadi/

Hope someone finds enjoyment in these. If you get a chance, check out some of the great stuff going on for the site and thanks for reading my cheap plug!

[quote name='PimpLimp']The league has given Wade a flagrant foul for the elbow. No suspension or anything though.[/QUOTE]

Symbolic and effectively useless as a punishment. I expected nothing more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stephenson totally flopped, but that was a lame move by Wade. I wouldn't fine either, I'd just make them wear ballet tights and a tutu in the next game instead of shorts, since they want to play slap and tickle instead of basketball.

[quote name='GUNNM']Euros brought flopping into NBA and its gonna stay[/QUOTE]The fact that the NBA has the absolute worst officiating of all professional sports doesn't help either.

[quote name='renique46']
wadefloppin_medium.gif

-sigh-[/QUOTE]

They should rename their team Miami Flip Flops. It would go well with the warm weather and their style of play.

If Stern has balls (doubtful) he'll actually give Wade a legit punishment for that. That was one seriously pathetic flop. At this rate, I'm waiting for somebody to intention fake him into a no-contact flop for a easy shot.

Well, looks like I was completely wrong about Memphis. I especially didn't expect them to get swept.

I think a Spurs/Heat NBA Finals is going to have so much flopping that Stern will be forced to deal out some fines and punishment.

[quote name='PimpLimp']I think a Spurs/Heat NBA Finals is going to have so much flopping that Stern will be forced to deal out some fines and punishment.[/QUOTE]

Wade, Ginobili, Parker, Lebron, Battier, Chalmers.... yeah get ready to see flops everywhere.

Battier is just shameless at this point, he was already overrated to begin with but now he spends 80% of the game on the floor. I'd never thought i see someone who could probably out flop manu or parker but this day might come.

LeBron James vehemently denies he's a flopper but openly recognizes it as an effective strategy.

"Some guys have been doing it for years, just trying to get an advantage," James said Monday in the lead-up to Tuesday's Game 4 of the Eastern Conference finals. "Any way you can get an advantage over the opponent to help your team win, so be it."

"It happens," Wade said. "We would have no NBA possibly if they got rid of all the flopping."

Really? Lebron who is supposed to be the most valuable player in the NBA says flopping is a strategy? He does know that the NBA will fine you for flopping right? How is something that can get you a fine a strategy? How can the NBA not fine him for saying something so stupid, something they are trying to get rid of?

And what Dwade just said is even worse. No NBA if there was no flopping? Maybe for you! Wade might be in the D league if he couldnt flop all over the floor. Ok he would still be a good player but these guys are just trying to justify their shitty style of playing basketball. Funny the miami heat logo has more balls than the whole entire team combined. Play like a bunch of pussys.

Joey Crawford coming through in the clutch, Kobe who? Michael whatshiname? there a new Clutch king in the Nba.

Ball hits the rim about 3 times. somehow shot clock doesn't reset and they dont even bother to take 5 secs to look at replay because heaven forbid it would allow them to actually make the right call.

Wade and Bosh were pretty much nowhere to be seen tonight. And then LBJ fouled out towards the end.

With the Pacers win tonight it guarantees at least 2 more games in the series.

And in other news, the Suns, Bobcats, and Hawks all have new head coaches.

NBA shouldn't really be letting Joseph Crawford officiate a game of this magnitude. A bad Joey Crawford call is really really on another levels of bad compared to blown calls by other refs (at least from what i'm seeing lol). I don't think that dude is fixing games, but boy he makes the wrong calls in the worst possible time. And the stigma of donaghy connection is still there.

My speculation is that they missed that shot clock violation call, because they were very focused on watching out for rebounding flops/pushes down low. Seriously its about time to have 4 refs on 1 game.

I'm rooting for the heat (obviously) to win but those flops will bite them in the ass from this game on. They abused it lol.

Wow, and he just claimed the day before he isnt a flopper. What a joke. It must be infectious down in miami, everyone on that team seems like a flopper. Especially Wade, Chalmers, Lebron, and Battier. Stop playing like divas and play like a man. What a disgrace.

[quote name='Poor2More']I still think Miami has the series but If its Spurs vs Pacers play for the title, then terrible news for the NBA and ratings.[/QUOTE]

Spurs would probably sweep the pacers worse than they did to memphis.

[quote name='rbanez']Spurs would probably sweep the pacers worse than they did to memphis.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The Pacers and Memphis are very similar teams. The biggest difference being Paul George and Indiana's ability to hit the 3... occasionally.

[quote name='lordopus99']Last night was the worst officiated game I have seen. They should fire all of those refs.[/QUOTE]

Oh no nothing will surpass game 6 of the 2002 western conference finals. That game bought bad officiating to the forefront.

bread's done
Back