The 2012/2013 NBA Season Thread

Manu Ginobili: Goddamn Passing Wizard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gSRk7qrwDNA

manu-ginobli-crazy-pass.gif

Wow those are some great passes by ginobili. I was pretty impressed by how well the Spurs could pass the ball around. Where as the Pacers seemed like they had a hard time even getting the ball around to other teammates.

It amazing how much traveling Lbj gets away with.

Leonard playing amazing defense these playoffs.

Am i literally seeing a complete scrub like M Chalmers getting more favortism calls than T parker lol

Last edited by a moderator:
PimpLimp said:
Looks like Rudy Gay is reportedly heading to Toronto. While this seems like a dumb move on Memphis' part IMO, I'm perfectly happy with it as I'm a Rockets fan and the Grizzles are in our division :D Not to mention the fact the Rockets actually traded the draft pick that became Rudy Gay to Memphis for fucking scraps.
Couple Points

Rudy is on a max contract and shooting 40 pct from the field. Some of him not avging the numbers he could be avging is the Grizzlies system but he's really not a max player. That being said, he is a very good player, inconsistent, but I think capable of somewhere between 22-24 ppg for the Raptors.

This move gives the Grizz room to re-sign Tony Allen in the summer and maybe go after another free agent for the mid level. Tayshaun Prince will fit in seamlessly with the defense and provide some desperately needed 3pt shooting while Ed Davis will help frontcourt depth. ZBo is only getting older unfortunately and eventually Ed can take over.

So basically Rudy is way too inconsistent of a player for the price and I'm very happy with this trade. I really don't think this will have an impact on how well the Grizz will perform in the playoffs this year. I think this team can make the 2nd round or even the WCF, but the Grizz are solidly in the 4th spot and are just a step below the 3 premier teams in the West. The issues with this team are on offense and there have been multiple games where Rudy shot an abysmal %.

We were waiting for Rudy to make the jump from pretty good player to star and it just never happened. Don't forget that the 2011 playoff run was w/o Rudy. While Zach was playing much better ball back then, playing even more inside/out will only help the Grizz.
Super late, I haven't been active on here in a while, but I kinda called it here. Anyway, its going to be interesting to see how the Spurs perform in 3 straight home games. They haven't shot the ball particularly well outside of Danny Green.

Also, the new Grizz owners never even offered Lionel Hollins a new contract. Can't really say I'm surprised but at least go through the motions with a deal you know he'll reject, then you can say you offered something. It's amazing how many local bandwagon fans are just plain idiots.

Summary of Game 3 in one GIF:

SpoeFace_original.gif

Allow to loop 16 times.

Jason Kidd is the Nets new coach.
Becoming a head coach with no resume for team that's in very much in "Win Now" mode. Very likely the most difficult position he could have possibility taken in the league. I like Kidd so I hope it works out, but I have my reservations.

Oh look the battier/lebron flopping returns

I have no idea why Pop continues to have Splitters corpse out there when they have Blair rotting on the bench.

Splitter has been fed about 4 dimes for easy points and gets his ass handed to him by scrub ass battier every other time. Dude is starting to have pau gasol hands.

Lol once again Splitter gets denied in crunch time, how the hell is pop letting this happen? Splitter and Manu have been terrible, you could at least try to give others minutes to see if they can step up rather than manu trying all these failed ass magic johnson passes for free turnovers and splitter literally letting anybody block him with ease. Hell at least try to see if Tmac/Blair can go when these starters start choking, if it doesnt work then ok but at least you tried and gave it a shot. Doesnt help that Scott Foster once again ruins another game with his inconsistency that always plays out in Miamis favor.

Jason Kidd is the Nets new coach.
What I find most curious is that Jason Kidd, with no coaching experience at all, gets an instant head coaching job. Meanwhile, Patrick Ewing, who has been an assistant in varying capacity for the last decade, gets no head coaching consideration and another assistant coaching job.

According to Espn the Heat have always been in control.
Don't you know that when the Spurs win, they're playing right into Miami's plan?

I dont know, i always thought players that played point guard positions were more coach ready. Becuase they are leaders on the floor, controlling the tempo of the game, calling plays, making decisions. Thats why you see Kidd, Avery Johnson, Mark Jackson, etc. getting coaching jobs.

I dont know, i always thought players that played point guard positions were more coach ready. Becuase they are leaders on the floor, controlling the tempo of the game, calling plays, making decisions. Thats why you see Kidd, Avery Johnson, Mark Jackson, etc. getting coaching jobs.
Pretty much this. They're called floor generals for a reason.

Anyone surprised at the non-calls in the first quarter of game 4? There were some legit steals by the Heat, but the majority of those Heat steals, Spurs TOs, were arm slappers.  I know the aggressor is usually the one to get the benefit of ref, but still some of those were fouls.  Also, the Heat are aggressively playing the Spurs bigs to the point where before they even catch the ball, they're getting hounded.  It may or may not be a foul, I get that it's the playoffs, but with a different crew out there, we'll see how they call it.

The heat have been being called for more fouls and less free throws the entire series. I am so tired of people bitching about refs (in general, not just this series. The nfl too)

The heat have been being called for more fouls and less free throws the entire series. I am so tired of people bitching about refs (in general, not just this series. The nfl too)
I don't really think it affected the game that much. I mean the Heat went on their run in the second half. I'm talking about a few calls here and there that refs miss every game. And saying that we'll see how different refs call hounding big guys is a legitimate point. Different refs may call the contact that wasn't called in game 4. Bitching about the refs and observing how the Heat are playing the Spurs big guys is completely different. And this is something I haven't seen anyone talking about. I'm also a Grizzlies fan and have no real rooting interest in this series other than to watch 7 games of HQ basketball.

To your first point, the Heat were the aggressors in game 4. If you don't attack the basket (see Heat game 2, 3, and part of game 1) you don't get the benefit of the call. So to expect a team that has not been as aggressive to get the foul calls just isn't realistic.

Let's see if Wade can replicate that performance.

Heat have been getting away with agrressive reach ins this entire series.Shockingly enough Joey Crawford has been the ref in each game Lebron actually gets called for more than 3 fouls. Doesnt help either that Manu also is trying to play the role of James Harden in this finals.

According to Espn the Heat have always been in control.
Don't you know that when the Spurs win, they're playing right into Miami's plan?
Of course, gotta remember the golden espn rule."When Miami loses its cause they let the team win" "When they win, they finally decided to actually try"

Danny Green made it rain 3s tonight. Not only did he break Ray Allen's record for most 3s in a Finals series, but he's averaging 5 3-pointers a game. This next game should be pretty good with Miami trying to fight for a game 7.

Neither the Spurs or Heat have won two games in a row in these finals, and both have won on the other teams home court, so if this continues spurs will win in game 7. Im hoping they can finish the heat off in game 6.

Oh and i loved that call where the refs gave boris diaw a foul when mario chalmers gave him a bionic elbow smash to his face.

do you even believe any of the dumb shit you post on here?  that game was fucking nuts though, I hope game seven is a thriller as well.

also love bosh calling it before the game at his press conference saying green wouldn't be open tonight, then stuffs him to end the game and he has only 3 points.  also, d-wade better show up in game 7 or he is just done.  he is aging incredibly fast.

Lol @ "stuffing" him   fuck outta here

Heat luck out again. Pop doing his best Frank Vogel impression, Its like he didnt even see Vogel make that same mistake. Donated a game with a 5 point lead and you sit duncan  and it leads to offensive rebounds, then you dont even intentionally foul  to prevent 3's knowing they have no timeouts. GG Manu you choke again. Its amazing that if Tmac could maybe take some of Manus minutes this series probably wouldnt even reach 6 let alone 7

https://vine.co/v/hBV1XUjh2OQ

rotf disgraceful, gotta make sure they get to them clubs!

Happy the Heat were able to pull it out. Simmons was killing the Spurs in the postgame. Loved Pops comments about where he will lead his team.

Spurs would have had this game if they would have just hit free throws. Leonard missed his first ft shot and I think Parker also missed a free throw before that, those would have pretty much sealed the game for them.

I think its funny how the announcer said something about lebron coming through in the clutch when he hit that 3 to tie the game. I guess he has short term memory of lebron losing the ball, shooting a tear drop shot that missed, and the 3 point miss seconds before he hit that 3. LOL. Lebron nearly cost the heat the championship. It was Ray Allen and Bosh who came through in the clutch. Lebron was choking so hard, he couldnt hit shit unless it was in layup range all 4th quarter, and even then he sometimes missed. Lebron also gets away with being too physical, that play he lost the ball out of bounds he shoved green to the floor with his elbow. I mean shit, if that was shaq using as much power as lebron does he would be called for offensive fouls every time. Its like lebron relies too much on driving to the paint and using his strength than using actual basketball skill to be great. Just drive in the lane, power in, and try to get a layup or dunk. LOL. I mean nothing wrong with that, but wow learn how to make a jump shot when the spurs are giving him 10 feet cushins.

But it was a really exciting game, i cant even remember the last time my heart was pumping like that near the end.

Spurs would have had this game if they would have just hit free throws. Leonard missed his first ft shot and I think Parker also missed a free throw before that, those would have pretty much sealed the game for them.

I think its funny how the announcer said something about lebron coming through in the clutch when he hit that 3 to tie the game. I guess he has short term memory of lebron losing the ball, shooting a tear drop shot that missed, and the 3 point miss seconds before he hit that 3. LOL. Lebron nearly cost the heat the championship. It was Ray Allen and Bosh who came through in the clutch. Lebron was choking so hard, he couldnt hit shit unless it was in layup range all 4th quarter, and even then he sometimes missed. Lebron also gets away with being too physical, that play he lost the ball out of bounds he shoved green to the floor with his elbow. I mean shit, if that was shaq using as much power as lebron does he would be called for offensive fouls every time. Its like lebron relies too much on driving to the paint and using his strength than using actual basketball skill to be great. Just drive in the lane, power in, and try to get a layup or dunk. LOL. I mean nothing wrong with that, but wow learn how to make a jump shot when the spurs are giving him 10 feet cushins.

But it was a really exciting game, i cant even remember the last time my heart was pumping like that near the end.
I agree with your first paragraph. Free throws cost them, not bad officiating like most Spurs fans are claiming. Ginobili missed a clutch one too before Leonard that woulda put them up six. Parker missed one in OT too. Leonard's is somewhat excusable, being a 21 year old in the biggest game of his life, but for two of the so-called "big three" to miss FTs down the stretch is inexcusable.

Officiating was clearly in the favor of the Spurs, not against them. The two popular no calls are Ginobili being fouled by Ray Ray down the stretch and Bosh blocking Green at the end. Do they really expect those tacky calls that late in an NBA FInals game? Absurd.

Make your free throws and you're not in either of the situations.

Had a foul been called on Allen on that Ginobili drive, all the TV analysts would be moaning about how the ref's gotta swallow the whistle in the final seconds.

And you could just tell by the look on Leonard's face that he was completely rattled at the free throw line. I was surprised when he didn't miss the second one.

Had a foul been called on Allen on that Ginobili drive, all the TV analysts would be moaning about how the ref's gotta swallow the whistle in the final seconds.

And you could just tell by the look on Leonard's face that he was completely rattled at the free throw line. I was surprised when he didn't miss the second one.
Dude is 21 and has played out of his mind in this series, I wouldn't fault him for missing a FT. Ginobili on the other hand....cost them the game with his turnovers and poor play but at least there is always game 7. I thought the Spurs had the game won solely based on Duncan's performance through 3 QT. That was a sick performance.

If I can fault Pop for anything it would be not having either Parker or Duncan in the game to start the 4th. They had to protect that 10 point lead for at least a couple of minutes. No problem with him not playing Duncan at the end of the 4th Qt. Heat went super small with Lebron playing center. The Spurs were playing a no 3s defense. Poor rebounding and bad luck lead to those 3s. Nothing you can do about that.

Hopefully dirk told Tim  where the hotspots are to party  after he himself  pushed Miamis shit in 2 years ago

He wants real fans to show up so that they can all cry together when they lose.

Still a better feeling than having them already heading out to the parking lot in the closing seconds. Karma deserved for every single one of those folks that walked out with seconds still left to play, realized the Heat managed to send it to OT, then promptly got barred from re-entering.

Not a fan of the heat but when i read what bosh said about the fans who left, i laughed. He is 100% right, if you arent going to stick it out until the very end then dont come back.

Ha. Bosh being angry at fans who don't stay til the end when he himself only shows up for part of the game at best.

Ha. Bosh being angry at fans who don't stay til the end when he himself only shows up for part of the game at best.
I see what you did there.

Hey Bosh hows that 0 points through 3 quarters working out for you? soft ass flower forward rotf

Can someone tell me wtf does Tim have to do to get a godamn call

bread's done
Back